Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > You're My Best Nightmare

24

by Lauren-xo 0 reviews

24

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2009-10-25 - Updated: 2009-10-25 - 2063 words - Complete

0Unrated
My car screeched to a stop and scrambled out of my car to find whoever I hit.

I spun in a full circle until I found a body laying in the middle of the road. Luckily there was nobody else on this road.

I ran over to the body and knelled down beside it, and turned it over so I could see their face.

"Oh my god." I whispered. Blood was running from their head. I took off my jacket and laid their head on it.

I stared at the body for a second longer before whipping out my phone.

"Hello? I need an ambulance, quick."

"Yes, what happened and where are you?"

"Er...someone ran into my car and they're bleeding...badly...and," I got up and ran to the end of the road to see where I was, "I'm in the middle of Cemetery Drive. Quick please!"

"Yes Miss, we'll be there as soon as we can."

I ran back to comfort him.

"Please don't die, please. Please be okay." I started crying.

Crying at the fact that I hit this man, who obviously totally unexpected it.

Crying at the fact that he could die, and it be all my fault.

And crying that the fact that I could go to prison for a long time for something I did.

I started stroking their hair, hopefully in some way comforting him, and taking his mind off the pain.

Soon enough, the ambulance came and put him on the stretcher and into the ambulance.

"Can I go with him? Make sure he's okay?" They agreed.

I sat next to his unconscious form and stared in shock.

How could I have been so careless. I was speeding. Oh shit! I left my car in the middle of the street!

"Erm, I left my car --"

"Don't worry about it, someone has taken it to a place where it's out of the way." I thank them.

We were at the hospital in no time. But I got worried, when they took him quickly into the hospital and rushed him into...surgery!

"What is it? What's happening? Is he going to be alright!?" I screamed.

"Miss, we're doing all we can, I'm afraid all you can do is wait. Sorry, but there is a chance he may not survive."

Oh please don't die, please!

I sat in a chair near the room where he went in. I cried a little. I was still really scared.

I thought about all the people who know him, and they are all going to be hurt, even more if he dies. He can't die, he just can't!

"They're all gonna hate me for what I've done." I said to myself.

I needed to talk to someone, someone to get to the hospital for support, but not for me.

I went to a pay phone and called the first number that came to mind.

"Hello?"

"Mikey?" I choked.

"Katie? Is everything okay?"

"No, no Mikey it's not. Can you come to the hospital please?"

"Erm, yeah sure, what's happened?"

"Just get here! Bring Frank!" And I hung up.

Next number...

"Hello?"

"Hey Ali, it's Jenny."

"Oh hey, what's up?"

"Can you get to hospital?"

I heard her sigh, "Sure why?"

I paused, trying to find the right words to use.

"I...I'm sorry...I...I hit your boyfriend with my car."

Mikey and Frank came in record time wondering what the hell was going on.

"What happened?" Frank aksed

I told them everthing, even about what Gerard did after I lost the baby. They were pretty dumbstruck, but supportive all the same.

"What the hell has gotten into him? He's just...lost it!" Mikey said, "What did the doctor say about his survival chances?" He suddenly got all worried for his older brother.

"He...He might not...survive...I'm so sorry Mikey." I cried.

"Hey, hey. It wasn't your fault. You didn't mean to do this. If anything, it's his fault for been an ass." He whispered.

"How can you say that? He's in that room fighting for his life, and you're insulting him?" I stood up and left the hospital, with Mikey trying to say sorry.

This is so horrible. I don't what I would do if he died.

I know he has been a bit weird lately, but right now non of that matters right now. Right now, I just wanted him to get better.

Of course I walked all the way back to Cemtery Drive, which from the hospital, was a good five miles away. Well the way I went was five miles.

I searched around for my car, but had no luck in finding it. It was too dark to see, even with the street lights on. So I began walking back home, back down the road I hit him. I would have gone another way home, but there was no other way.

I paced myself, there was no rush to get home, unless Tina calls asking where I am and need to get home quickly. But even then I won't go too quick.

I tried to think of something different, but my mind would always take me to Gerard.

He is always going to be on my mind until I know he's okay.

I was coming to the spot where I hit him. It was hard for me to walk past, but I had to do it.

I came across tyre marks on the road, which must be from my car when I stopped. Only a few meters away did I begin to see spots of blood on the road, leading up to one big poolof blood. It amazed me as to how much blood he actually lost.

Still, I carried on, trying to take my mind off tonights events. I didn't want to have to cry again, but I feared that I would anyway.

I was thinking about the time we met. Back in the club in England. I was with my best friends Sam, Roxy and Ruby. I haven't spoken to them in years. I should really call them.

Anyway, I remember the time I met him, his hazel eyes drew me in even then.

We were sitting at the bar talking, and gossiping and all the usual crap, when Sam goes insane and starts poking me.

"Ow! What?"

"That guy is interested in you." She said pointing at a man who was with two other men. He was staring at me though.

"He might be looking at you."

"No! He's definatly looking at you. Go talk to him!"

"What are you crazy!? Since when did I go up to someone and start talking to them?"

"You don't but you should start. When was the last time you had a boyfriend exactly?"

"Oi. A year ago actually, it's not that long."

Before me or her could say anything else, Sam pulled me by the arm and over to the group of, from what I could see, very attractive men.
"Hi, I'm Sam, this is Katie."

"Hey there, I'm Frank, this is Mikey and that is Gerard." The guy, Frank said. Mikey was very tall, didn't have any fat on that body of his and wore thick rimmed glasses. Gerard was a little shorter than Mikey, had shoulder length black hair and amazing hazel eyes.

"Nice to meet you." Gerard and Mikey said simaltaneously. Wow they were all American. A bonus.

"It's nice to meet you too, now Sam can we go back, please?"

"Aww do you not like us?" Frank asked.

"Oh don't listen to her, she's just a baby, and very shy."

"Don't be, we won't bite." Mikey said.
Soon, I relaxed a little and actaully made conversation with Gerard. He was the guy looking at me.

"I hope you don't mind me asking, but how old are you?" Gerard asked.

"18. And you?"
"Now you've told me your age, I don't know if I should say. I'm older, quite a bit older."

"A number isn't going to turn me away if that's what you're thinking."

He smiled. "Okay, I'm 25."

25!? No way! "Really? You look alot younger."

"Thank you. I should hope so." We laughed


That night was just so amazing. I always remember when we met whenever Gerard changes his mood. I always try to remind myself that he is a good person and who never intentionally hurt me.

Of course I got that all wrong. Something must have happened in his teens, whether it was with Tina or not, something must have effected him. What it was, I may never know.

I began thinking about the time when he had to leave, and how upset I was. It was like losing part of my life.

"You know I'm leaving tomorrow right?"
I nodded. I knew it was a fling really, but I was suddenly getting emotional.

"Hey, sugar, don't cry. I'm not that far away really. You have my number and my email. You can talk to me any time you want."

"I know. But it's not going to be the same. I not going to to see you again."

"Aww, come here sugar." He wrapped his arms around me as I cried into his hoodie. He was rubbing my back to calm me down.


I felt tears prick at my eyes, threatening to fall.

Why am I thinking all of this now.

My last thought of my past was when we met again in Belleville, when I had just moved there.

"Katie? You're not having a long distance relationship, with anyone back in England, are you?" He asked, stroking the back of my hand.


I smiled. Yay! He did care about me! "No."


"Well, do you want to maybe be ..." He mumbled the last part, so I couldn't hear him.


"Gerard, I can't hear you."


He was looking away from me, but still stroking me hand. He must be nervous to ask whatever he was going to ask. "Will you be my girlfriend?"


I couldn't hold in my excitement, and squealed and wrapped my arms around his neck and pecked him on the lips. Gerard was quite confused as to what I was doing. "Is that a yes, or a really not so gentle way of saying no?"


"Of course it's a yes Gee!"

By now I was in floods of tears.

I couldn't help it, I was so overcome with emotion.

I finally got home, but Tina wasn't there, she left a note.

Katie,
Mikey called, told me what happened.
I'll speak to you when I get back.
Don't worry, it wasn't your fault.
Tina xx


I wiped away the tears and sat down on the couch wondering what to do now. But before I had a chance to think of anything, someone banged on the door.

I got up to quickly open it and saw a tearful Ali.

"YOU FUCKING BITCH!" She screamed, before slapping me hard across the face.

I rubbed my sore cheek and felt the heat coming from it.

"Ali, I said I was sorry. I honestly didn't mean to hit him."

"What the fuck ever Jennifer! I don't know why I never saw it before."

I shook my head to say 'I don't know what you mean.'

"Don't give me that look. I can see it. You were jealous of me and Gerard. Jealous that you can't have something like what we have."

"Ali. I had Daniel for a while until he changed but when he was nice, he was a pretty decent guy. I am not jealous."

"JUST SHUT UP JENNY! I CAN FUCKING SEE IT. You and him always looking at each other with those lust filled eyes. It was driving me crazy."

I didn't know what to do. All I could do was deny everything.

"But now you proberbly realised that he doesn't want you now, and actually loves me. So went crazy and fucking HIT HIM WITH THE CAR!"

"Ali. Nothing is going on between me and Gerard if that is what you're thinking. I would never do that to you, you're my best friend..."

"NO! You were my best friend. I hate you. I've lost the best thing that's ever happened to me all because of you!"

I furrowed my eye brows together.

"I don't understand..."

"He's dead Jenny!"

I shookmy head in disbelief.

"You fucking killed him."
Sign up to rate and review this story