- Several interesting parts to this, one of my favorite of your WIPs.
Firstly, I do like how you portray Tony Stark the father. Tony is wonderfully involved with Harry's life and you still manage to keep the character true to how he appears in his various canon incarnations. He is a playboy, a technical whizz-kid but he has a tremendoes reserve of decency.
Secondly, I love how you handled Harry's crush. I was wondering exactly what you would do when you said, when starting this story, that Julie Power was going to be Harry's initial love interest. Having her older than Harry and wonderfully unaware of him except as one of Jack's crazy friends is a great and unexpected touch. Well done for doing something so different.
What is intreguing is all the things now happening in the background. It appears that there are several people who have a use for Harry, beyond Dumbledore and his ridiculous attempt to avoid responsibility for dealing with Voldemort. We can see several possible girlfriends (some willing, some clearly under orders) and we can also see some mystery players.
Overall, this remains an excellent work and I'm looking forward to seeing more.
BenRG's Rating: 8/10
(#) shadowclaw 2009-11-03this is the first time I have ever posted a review on any story in any fanfic site and this is a comment to all those that thought that it was Tracey as the young lady being talked to if you have a close look at who the Uncle is as well as the grandperants you will note that it is said 'Wesley' so in other words it is the young Wesley girl 'Ginny' that is being buged by her family.
I personally hate any Harry/Ginny fics for she is never right for him.
But I do love this crossover fic and personally think it should be someone from Marvel or Padma or an oc character
Author's response- The uncle in question has the given name 'Wesley', not the surname 'Weasley'. As the girl reported, Harry was cordial with the Weasleys of Gryffindor. The girl is not Ginny.
- I just happened across this today while looking for something totally different. The Crossover caught my interest and I am extremely happy it did. I have laughed so hard througout all the chapters, and I do so love when someone shows the "Flaws" of the Wizarding world that we were given in canon. That you do it with a great deal of intelligence is just a plus. I am also very happy to see that it is not abandoned, and I cannot wait for more!
- Very interesting. I especially liked how you manged to include the crossover stuff without going over board with them. Instead of having Captain America and the Avengers beat up Voldemort you are showing how growing up with people like Steve Rodgers as role models has influenced Harry and then have him fight his own battles. I like that.
I wonder who and what else Harry encountered when growing up. He might have lived in the same world as Spider-Man, Daredevil, Wolverine, The Punisher, Blade or Ghostrider but there isn't really any reason for him to have met them or been influenced by them.
There are however some characters that Harry could reasonably be expected to have met and that could have influenced how he deals with the stuff at hogwarts. For example I am fairly sure that around the time this is set Cap and the Anvengers had an ex-werewolf as a quinjet pilot on staff. Man-Wolf who was J.J.Jamison son might not have been a typical werewolf, but intercating with someone like him would probably greatly influence how Harry would deal with Lupine and the wizarding prejeduces against him.
Also, since in Franklin and Hank Harry knows at least two mutants and we all know what the public, government and media opinion of mutants in the marvel universe is like Harry probably would not be quite as trusting of the prophet and the ministry as in canon.
I understand that the Merver world is big with so many charcters that you can only get a tiny fraction of them into the story without rsiking overloading the thing with them. One thing I really feel that would need to be addressed at some point is Dr. Doom. He is a technological genius on Reed's and Tony's level. He also is a magic user of no small talent. In fact when they held 'tryouts' for the sorceror supreme Doom came in second. He is also head of his own country. If there is a Latverian equivalent of the ministry of magic he probably has tighter control over it than the British prime minister. Doom is also the closest the marvel verse has to the titular technomancer of this fic. He should definetly make some sort of apperance at some point...
Author's response- As I see it, this 'Crossover' is a Harry Potter story with Marvel influences. It is Harry's adventure to have and with a few notable exceptions, the Marvels are just window dressing.
- Harry knows and is known by the Avengers. He also knows other heroes who have associations with Avenger members. So, yes Harry knows the X-men, and Wolverine scares the begeebers out of him. Logan is not a buddy and not someone Harry would call for help. Harry knows Spiderman from the times that Spidey was around the Avengers, but he doesn't know Peter Parker. Of the x-people Harry is closest to Hank McCoy and Kitty Pryde, Hank from his time in the Avengers, Kitty because she was closest to his age in the group. Kitty will make a cameo 4th year.
- The Ministry pretty much squandered what trust he had for them when they allowed Dumbledore to try to void Harry's adoption.
- Doom will be making a cameo, also in 4th year, for his own personal reasons.
(#) red_jacobson 2009-11-11Hey Buddy!
Just finished re-reading your story, and I'm thinking that Mystery Girl is Su Li, considering all the other major players in the working group had a moment in the sun this chapter, but she didnt. Also, the way that the Patriarch of the family referred to her mother's heritage, and the, quite frankly, rude way he referred to her mother's way of getting a young man's interest, I would suspect that the mother is of oriental asian background. I'm basing that on my own experience in Korea, so I may be way off base.
- The only think I have to complain about is the lack of updates but I understand how life can be. That being said, I truly find myself utterly entertained by this story. As a fan of both universes, it's quite enjoyable. I really liked that Sirius was willing to put in the effort to understand where Harry was coming from and still wants to be close to him. Please keep up the good work and update when life permits, the sooner the better though.
Sign up to review this story.