Categories > Anime/Manga > Pokemon > Stanford

An interesting flashback

by GalacticFTW 1 review

S/E... sorry, only one flashback per chapter. XP

Category: Pokemon - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2009-11-04 - Updated: 2009-11-04 - 2751 words

0Unrated
A/N: Oh, I know what I was going to say! Émile’s flashback is based on an episode of CSI: NY I saw… I’m not hundred percent sure if it’s even CSI: NY but I do remember the main character going undercover to this factory where these people eat exotic animal meat (one of them was tiger meat; I remember the main character eating that). If ANYONE knows what show this is from, please tell me because I’ve been wondering for the longest time, and it’s quite bothering me…

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 29

“Dad… are you all right?” I looked at him and then the sound asleep Marie… (I had forgotten she had fallen asleep in a chair right next to me).

He regained his composure. “Yeah… I guess…”

“Just tell me what happened, I understand…”

He cleared his throat… “OK then…”

Flashback, about ten years ago – Émile’s POV

“Émile, we have a case for you,” my boss, Cecilia walked up to my desk. I was half-asleep so I groaned. I had been awake since 4 AM in order to solve a murder case… tricky bastard hung himself before we could find out where the body was. We believed that he hung himself so we cannot find out where the body is. That’s another story though.

“What is it…?” I mumbled with my eyes half-shut.

“Illegal trafficking of Pokémon meat,” she replied.

I immediately opened my eyes. “Huh… OK, sounds interesting…,” I smirked. She handed me a file folder and I immediately began to read it. “So you want me to dress up as one of them, sneak in and arrest them?”

“Exactly… you’re smart enough, I’m sure you can do it! Also, they speak Danish, you up to it?”

“I’m not fluent in Danish, but I know enough to get by,” I nodded. “I’ll try to get as much info as possible,”

“Thank you Émile, good luck hon,” she smiled.

“No problem, and thank you,” I smiled back. She nodded a ‘you’re welcome’ and walked off. I read the address: 32837 Felix Mendelssohn Avenue, Veilstone City, 34041. Interesting name… it seemed to be named after the famous composer.

Using my quick wit, I decided to get there by moped – they are the best choice for getting to close places quickly. I hopped onto my moped and drove discreetly to that location as quickly as possible. I had made it there in less than thirty minutes. I was able to sneak into the building itself… it looked like a normal factory on the outside, but on the inside it looked vaguely like the Fuego Ironworks… except the fact that it smelled like I don’t even want to know! I retched because it was so disgusting.

I crawled along one of the catwalks quietly… I noticed someone in a suit – so I decided to steal it. I quietly jumped down from the catwalk onto several rafters and then a stack of boxes. The person never even saw me coming as I knocked him out using a powerful kick to the jaw. I stuffed him behind one of the boxes, so no one could find him easily. I quickly slipped on the clothes: I was in…

This is Looker to base… I’m in, over,” I said through my radio.

Great… now find the don, over,” Cecilia replied. I nodded and did what she said.

“Mmm… this Luxray meat is excellent,” I heard someone say in Danish.

“Exquisite,” someone replied.

Bon appetite,” another person said. “Try the Sharpedo, it’s even better!”

I wanted to vomit… but I knew I couldn’t… it would look bad on my part. I decided to sit down with the three people. “Hopefully they won’t ask me any questions…” I had to pretend to be that person. I wasn’t very good at describing people, but they were all tough-looking, sharp-dressed men that wore brown and with black jeans.

“Oh Aksel, do you want some Luxray, Sharpedo or Combusken?” Someone asked.

Therefore, my name is Aksel. I went along with what they said, but I really didn’t want any. “No thanks,” I cleared my throat and put on my Danish accent.

“Fine, more for me,” the person smirked.

“Gunnar, stop stuffing your face and save some for Aksel, Hagen and me.”

“Fine, fine, Jannick, shut up eat.”

“Are you sure you don’t want any?” Jannick asked me.

What was I supposed to do? Was I to say ‘no’, again? This pressure really hurt me. “I guess I’ll have some,” I replied. The three grinned and Gunnar handed me a plate with Luxray meat. My stomach turned as I grabbed a fork and cut a piece. I had never felt this sick in my whole life – why I didn’t vomit – I have no idea. (I happened to have an iron stomach… so that could be why…) I ate the piece… I don’t even know what to say. It was good except the fact that it was a bit grisly and too chewy. It was Luxray meat after all… and I wasn’t used to eating Pokémon, I was used to eating animals. “Hang on, I’ll be right back, excuse me,” I got up and quickly walked to the bathroom and vomited in the toilet. That was the most disgusting thing I had ever done in my life! I also hundred percent regret it. I wasn’t sure if my vomiting had blown my cover. I wiped off my chin and made sure I didn’t still smell like vomit – that would definitely blow my cover – this person named Aksel was probably used to eating exotic meat. I did my best to wash my mouth out using soap. It was an odd choice… but it worked.

I walked back to the table – if I hadn’t blown my cover – maybe now would be my chance to arrest them all… but I needed to coax them into thinking that I was still this person named Aksel. I thought long and hard. “Say… can I stop by and see the boss and say ‘hello’ to him.”

“I’m sure he’d love that, it is his birthday after all!” Hagen chuckled. If I had asked where the don was, that really would have blown my cover… unless…

“I forgot where it is…,” I blushed.

“Just down the long, winding hall and the last door on the left,” Hagen looked at me funny.

“Thank you very much,” I grinned and walked off. As I walked down the hall, I notice several dumbwaiters… but something peculiar caught my eye – the mass amounts of Pokémon locked in cages. I considered it a form of animal abuse, so I knew exactly what to arrest them for this; and it would be a very serious offence. I had finally made it to the last room on the left side of the long, winding hallway… I didn’t even have to knock because the don waved his hand to let me in.

“Hello Aksel… or I really say… Émile.”

I stopped right in my tracks – how did he know my name? “How did you know my name?” I grumbled.

“Oh I know you very well, you’ve arrested me before,” he chuckled evilly. “Plus I recognise your voice – your FAKE Danish accent, it sounds crappy.”

“Rufus…,” I growled. “So it’s you. Well take this!” I punched him straight in the nose, which caused his nose to bleed. He growled slightly and tried to kick me but I was able to avoid it. I noticed there was a bludgeon on his desk so I picked it up and hit him on the back of the head with it; causing him to blackout. “This is Looker to base – Rufus is down, over,” I grinned while talking via radio. I pulled the radio from my pocket, “Requesting backup, over.”

We’ll be there in less than thirty minutes, over,” Cecilia replied.

I had forgotten there was a gun in my pocket, so I cocked it and put it to the back of his head. “You move or touch me and you’re a dead man,” I sat down on top of Rufus’s back to make sure he didn’t wake up. Rufus was a stupid man – he was slow, dim-witted and mental. Hence, why he didn’t attack and react as quickly as I reacted. I think he was partially blind. He started to wake up and I whacked him hard in the back. He strained slightly. “If you don’t sit still, I’m going to force you to suck my cock, or shoot you, you bastard!” I hit him again. He was silent… I thought maybe I may have killed him, but I could tell he was breathing, but he breathed in a strained manner due to me sitting on him. I was also able handcuff him. “There.”

“Clear…!” I heard someone walk through the door. I got off the blacked out Rufus and let them take him away. They were all happy for me – I had caught one of the worst criminal in the history of Veilstone – again. All the Pokémon that were kept in the cages were taken to new homes (if they were tame enough), or they were released into the wild (if they weren’t very tame). I was considered employee of the month because of this.

I also got two awards because of this: hero of the month, and Pokémon saver. I still regret eating that Luxray… I’m not sure what they did with the meat, I think that maybe they may have dug a grave and buried if (I would have done the same…). Even my name was brandished on every newspaper around Canada. That was long-lived until another hero came around… but oh, well – I loved it until then.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Present, Stan’s POV

“Wow… I liked that very much Dad, I hope you tell me some more like that, I also like your grammar and how you beat up that guy named Rufus… ha!” I chuckled.

“Yeah… I could never describe how I felt going undercover like that… nor could I ever describe how that one person stared at me…”

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Émile’s POV

Should I tell him or not? That person stared at me just how Stan stared at me when I dressed up as a Galactic grunt…,” I thought. “I don’t want to give him awful memories if I can help it.”

“Dad…. Are you there?” Stan looked at me funny.

“Huh? Oh yeah, I’m here… I’m just thinking.”

“Oh… OK then.”

I continued to watch the two train – they were doing an excellent job at it! Jasper’s Floatzel was really getting the hang of using Ice Fang and Razor Wind while Jade’s black and white Skuntank was getting the hang of using Toxic and Flamethrower.

“They sure are great battlers…,” Stan commented. “Their battle styles are so similar, too.”

“Yeah… I agree, they are great,” I smiled. “Oh yeah… when we were on that ship – I saw you play that piano they had up on that stage. I didn’t think of it before, but I now realise it was you. I didn’t want to say anything because I knew that you would probably be startled by me… I also heard you sing, that was amazing.”

“Thank you Dad… I appreciate that,” he hugged my tightly and I hugged him tightly back. The two stopped battling and lied down on the grass. “Are you two exhausted?” He chuckled.

“Yeah… I could sure use some lemonade…,” Jade chuckled back.

“You’re right… that does sound good,” Jasper nodded.

“Yeah… it does…,” I mused. “Come along, I think I may have bought some lemonade.” I thought I would seize the opportunity to let everyone out. “Come on out everyone.” Marie woke up.

“Huh what’s going on…,” Marie mumbled. “Oh that’s right, I had fallen asleep.”

“Yeah you did… say that’s not a bad idea Dad,” he grinned and let everyone out of his or her poke balls. Everyone else grinned at did the same thing. I noticed that all three of them had baby Stunkies, Bronzongs and that Marie and Stan both had Crobats, except that Jade’s was a Golbat. Marie hugged her Pelipper tightly. From what I remember back on that ship, that that was her brother or something like that.

“Oh my sweet Rein…,” she whispered to him.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Stan’s POV

I noticed that Dad’s Leafeon began to bark at him. “Huh?” Dad mumbled.

“Dad, he’s saying ‘hey, hey, look at me’,” I replied.

“So you understand me?” Leafeon looked at me; ‘it’ was a ‘he’.

“Yeah… I can talk to you guys, I understand you perfectly,” I knelt next to him and rubbed his head. I looked up at Dad. “Dad, I would think after living with Pokémon for so long, I would have thought you could speak to them… but I guess not.” I looked at Leafeon again. “So, what’s your name?” I smiled.

“It’s Bjork,” he replied, purring. Eeveelutions are unique in that they are the only canids that can purr; they have some characteristics with cats, which make them hard to classify, but for now; so for now, they are in the dog family (Canidae).

“Dad, your Leafeon is named Bjork, all right? I suggest you start calling him that. Pokémon have their own names and that’s what they prefer.”

“Right…,” he nodded. “So what are my other Pokémons’ names, then?”

“Well I know your Persian is named Precious. Let me ask the others,” I looked at his Toxicroak.

“My name is Dendros,” he replied. I then looked at his Staraptor.

“My name is Astur,” he replied. I looked at his Chatot.

“My name is Chatty,” she replied cutely. I looked at his Sceptile.

“My name is Shaw,” he nodded.

“OK Dad, your Pokémons’ names are: Dendros, Astur, Chatty and Shaw,” I pointed to the respective Pokémon. He looked at them and me curiously.

“I wish I could have known…,” he sighed.

“Dad… it’s OK. I didn’t realise all of my Pokémon had names until just a few weeks ago,” I patted him on the back. “By the way, your Chatot is a female. I just thought you would like to know.”

“Oh? OK then,” he looked at me. “Oh yeah… I have a confession… you might not like to hear it…,” he looked around to see if anyone else was listening. “I thought I might as well tell you now, so you wouldn’t find out the hard way… how about we go over here…”

“Dad… it’s OK… you can cry if you want… I don’t care.”

“Well…,” he sniffled slightly. “I had sex with Cecilia… yeah… there’s a problem – it hurt… badly. It hurt so badly I don’t think I could ever have sex again. It isn’t my fault though; she was the one that seduced me. I loved her… because she reminded me so much of Cassidy… sadly, Cecilia died of…,” he stammered, trying to keep the tears in. “She died of AIDS….”

“D-dad… c-come here… it-it’s OK…,” I hugged him tightly and let him cry on my shoulder again. “Sometimes… in our lives, we all have pain… we all have sorrow… but if we are wise… we know that there’s always tomorrow.”

“Lean on me… when you’re not strong… I’ll be your friend, I’ll help you carry on… for… it won’t be long, ‘till I’m gonna need somebody to lean on… T-thank you Stan…, I appreciate it.”

“Y-you’re welcome… hang on, did you say AIDS?”

“I tested negative… and it was several years after our carnal knowledge…”

You tested negative? Oh thank God…,” I sighed in relief. “Is-is there anything else you would like to let out of your system? Please, talk to me.”

“I was shot twice in my back…”

“Tell me, I’d love to hear it.”

“OK…,” he stared at me funny again, as if he didn’t want to talk about…

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

TBC…

A/N: Actually it’s an episode of Law & Order: SVU, it happens to be titled “Wildlife”. I put a link to it in my profile! Cya.
Sign up to rate and review this story