Categories > Anime/Manga > Pokemon > Stanford

Let Live or Die

by GalacticFTW 1 review

Category: Pokemon - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Warnings: [!!] [V] - Published: 2009-11-08 - Updated: 2009-11-09 - 2646 words

0Unrated
Chapter 31

Stan’s POV

“Guys… really bad news…,” I looked at everyone. They all looked up at me. “Apollo is attacking Saffron City…”

“What…?!” Everyone blurted.

“I just got off the phone again…,” Dad stammered. “He’s moving on to Celadon City if we don’t move!” We all stared at him.

“But… we don’t have anything to get there quick enough!” I growled.

“Everyone… follow me,” he smirked. We all looked at him funny again and he ran off – we returned all of our Pokémon – I guess we had no other choice but to follow him. He was fucking fast for his age! We could barely keep up with him. We followed him to a concrete square out in the middle of a grove of trees. He had a freaking helicopter! We panted and stared at it.

“D-dad…,” I huffed. “Since when did you have a chopper?”

“Whoa…,” Jasper gasped.

“That’s so cool…,” Jade blinked.

“Awesome…,” Marie huffed.

“Don’t just stare at it, let’s get in guys!” He looked at all of us while opening the door. We all nodded and hopped in. He slammed the door and immediately turned the key… we were already in the air before we could say anything else.

“Dad… I had no idea you had a helicopter… is it yours?”

“It’s actually my brother’s… but he lets me use it whenever I want to, but I haven’t used it in about two weeks…”

“Interesting… I think I remember my dad saying something about having a helicopter…,” Jade reflected.

“It’s running smoothly,” I fancied. “Actually, it’s running well even though you said you hadn’t used it in awhile… how come you never checked it to make sure it worked?”

“I guess because we were in a hurry?” He looked at me.

“Dad… that was probably the most stupid thing you have ever done!”

“Stan… hush. I did in fact check it… a couple of weeks ago – before I ran into you folks. I use the ship to get from Sinnoh to here. Sorry, I should have said something about that. I wasn’t sure what to say, really…”

“That’s OK,” Marie grinned. “I understand.”

I yawned. “Excuse me… I’m starting to feel sleepy… Dad, how long will it take to get there?”

“About twenty, thirty minutes…,” he sighed. “Go ahead, you guys can sleep… it might be awhile before we get there.”

“OK…,” I replied drowsily. We all fell asleep because we were quite bored and tired. I woke up to a slight jolt.

“Wake up guys… we’re here.” Everyone woke up and we got out of the helicopter to see that he had landed on the roof of a skyscraper. “Welcome to Saffron City.” We all looked around to see many skyscrapers, when I noticed something peculiar… it was an Aerodactyl.

“Dad… look over there… is that one of Apollo’s Pokémon?” I pointed.

“Hmm… an Aerodactyl… yeah, it is,” he replied. I noticed it was flying towards us. “Quick, we need to get off this skyscraper,” he pointed to a flight of stairs. We all nodded and walked down the stairs as fast as possible – trying not to fall down.

“What is this building?” Jade asked.

“International Police, Kanto subsidiary,” he briefly looked back at us. “Follow me,” he opened a door that led us to the third floor.

“Hey Émile, what’s up?” Some person asked. “Oh… who’s this?” We all introduced ourselves.

“Hey Hugh, we just need some guns, what do you have?” Dad asked. Hugh handed him a key.

“Take what you want,” he grinned.

“Say, thank you very much,” Dad grinned and walked off; we had no choice but to follow him. He led us to a huge storage with countless guns – I couldn’t even count them all! “There she is… my beautiful Glock; I’ve had her for years now… she’s been through so many repairs…,” he picked it up. He took off the clip. “Nice… anyway guys, take one if you want.”

“W-what about me…?” Jasper blinked.

“I know you’re young Jasper… but that’s no excuse to not use a gun,” he looked at him.

“Dad has a point…,” I nodded.

“I used to shoot targets with my dad when I was your age Jasper,” he looked at me. “They were clay pigeons to be exact. Come on, I need to show you guys how to shoot a gun, follow me.” We nodded and followed him. He took us to a firing range. It was impressive! It had those paper shooting targets shaped like people (I have no idea what they’re called.)

“Here… you’ll need one of these,” he handed us some earmuffs. “Guns are loud when in enclosed spaces; they can easily damage your eardrums.” We all nodded. “Put them on, I’ll show you how I fire a gun,” he walked up to a booth (don’t know what that’s called either). We all put on our earmuffs and watched him. He fired about six bullets – all of them hit right on the chest. He grinned and we took them off. “And that is how I aim.”

“That was perfect!” I blinked.

“How do you do that?” Marie gasped.

“That was incredible!” Jade blinked too. Jasper was speechless.

“If you’ve been a cop since eighteen, then you’re definitely going to have experience,” he grinned. We all blinked. “Did I surprise you, then?” We nodded slightly. He chuckled. “Well… it’s your turn Stan,” he smiled. I nodded and walked up. I knew I would probably ace this due to my eyes being so good at seeing long distances. I aimed just like Dad and all of the bullets hit right on the chest. Everyone was impressed.

Then Jasper tried it – all the bullets hit either the head or the white space. “Jasper…,” Dad cleared his throat. “Here’s a tip. Try not to aim for the head, the person is less likely to survive, and then how are you supposed to question them?”

“Right…,” he nodded.

Then it was Jade’s turn – she aimed exactly as I did! We were quite impressed. Marie was about to do the same thing, too. I don’t know why, but my family tends to be good at aiming at targets, I wonder her family is the same?

“Great… I think we’re ready… let’s get going before he gets to Celadon City,” he added. We all agreed and left the building.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

That same Aerodactyl that we saw before was still flying around. It screeched and nearly flew into us.

“Well, well, well… I was wondering when you were going to get here, Émile…,” Apollo chuckled. “Aerodactyl… attack.”

“Not on my watch!” I growled and let out Skywing. “Skywing, Steel Wing on that Aerodactyl!” I commanded. She flew up into the air while both of her wings shined white. She bashed into the Aerodactyl but it barely budged.

“Julia… help them!” Jasper let out his Floatzel. “Aqua Jet!” Julia (apparently that’s what he named her) jumped up in the air while being surrounded by water and tackled into it… it didn’t budge. It just stood there.

Apollo laughed evilly. “Do you not know…? This Aerodactyl was specifically bred to withstand every attack know to man.” We all gasped.

“Shea… help them, too! Use a Toxic!” She let out her female Skuntank. Shea opened her mouth and released a sticky purple thing that plastered on the concrete and turned into a purple gas. Apollo just held his nose and chuckled.

“Blow it back Aerodactyl,” he smirked and it flew up and blew back the purple gas. We all held our breaths while the gas cleared.

“S-shit…,” was all I could say. “Dammit…”

“Go Chatty, help them out! Use Chatter!” Dad growled.

“Polly wants to watch porn!” Chatty squawked. “Polly wants to watch porn!” Dad was fuming. She repeated it so many times that Apollo got annoyed.

“Aerodactyl… use Aeroblast!” He commanded.

“Aerodactyl… can’t learn that…,” Jasper gasped.

“Shut up fool…,” he chuckled. A yellow-orange ball formed in its mouth as it began to glow blue and shot multiple beams that converged into one. I thought I was going to be dead until Dad told us to get on the ground and hold onto each other. Despite this, it still hurt like shit to be hit with this high-powered beam. The beam exploded just a few feet behind us. We shakily got up. I looked around to see that all of our Pokémon had fainted… or so I thought until Jade’s Skuntank began to glow!

She was evolving. She was bigger; her claws were long as scythes (they must have been at least eighteen inches long). Her snout was dog shaped with two large canines jutting out of the mouth like a sabre-toothed cat. She was the same purple and tan as a Skuntank, though; with the exception of a tan ‘spectacle’ surrounding her eyes (she also has a brown ring around her eyes, too). I didn’t see any ears, so I was assuming that they were hidden under her tail (this was not unlike Skuntank). She stood up on her back legs and roared loudly.

“Whoa…,” we all gasped.

“Wh-what is that?” Jasper blinked. He pulled out his Pokedex. “Skuntel, the stink badger Pokémon. The long fangs can slice through bone. It can briefly stand on its hind legs and dig through clay – its front claws are 22 inches long.

“T-that’s incredible…,” Jade gasped. “All right Shea, use a Crunch!” Shea growled and latched down on the creature’s wing – hard. Finally, an attack got through to it because it started to flap wildly. This caused Apollo to fall off of it.

“Ryan Adams, you are under arrest for murder, attempted murder and rape,” Dad aimed a gun straight at him while walking up to him. “You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney present during questioning. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed for you. Do you understand these rights?” Apollo nodded. Dad was just about to handcuff him when Apollo stabbed him right in the gut. “S-Stan… h-help…,” he gasped and collapsed on the ground. “Go inside and get help – Marie – distract Apollo…”

“Right… Stanford, I hope you don’t mind me doing this…,” she looked at me.

“Not it all…,” my eyes widened as she took off her shirt. Dad was somehow able to crawl away from Apollo as Marie growl sexily at Apollo. Jade did the same thing. I nodded and picked up Dad and in some way was able to carry him to the building.

“WE HAVE AN OFFICER DOWN!” I yelled as I walked through the doors. Dad groaned as I saw blood leak from his stomach and onto my shirt. I shuddered. Everyone apparently heard me and ran up to me. Someone had a stretcher and I set him down onto it. “D-dad… I wish there was a way to tell you how much I-I love you…”

“Me too, me too…,” he was barely able to speak.

“We have a hospital upstairs… we’ll take him from here…,” one of the officers said. I nodded weakly.

“I’ll be back… all right Dad?” I watched them take him away.

“That’s fine…,” his weak voice carried. I walked back outside to see that the two women had Apollo pinned down and handcuffed.

“You got him?!” I blinked at their shirtless bodies. “Whoa…” This started to remind me of the three-ways we all had. They put their shirts back on.

“We seduced him,” Jade smirked.

“Yeah… he seems to be a womanizer…,” Marie chuckled. They both had a hold of one arm as they stood up. “Come on you scumbag, let’s get you to where you belong,” she pushed him using her knee. Jade sneered and pushed him, too, with her knee. I smirked and punched him hard, in the stomach.

“That’s what you get for slicing my FATHER!” I snarled deeply. Apollo gagged and never said a word. We all took him into the building. They immediately took him away…

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Émile’s POV, a few hours later (after his surgery)…

“Dad… Dad… Dad… wake up…,” Stan shook me and I groaned.

“Uh…,” I opened my eyes but everything was so foggy… I rubbed my eyes and everything came into focus. I was in a hospital… again. I noticed that I was wearing a hospital gown… I lifted it up to see about fifty, maybe sixty stitches. I just stared at them…

“Dad…. Are you OK? Say something…,” Stan sighed.

“This is the second time I’ve been stabbed…,” I said blankly with no emotion.

“Huh?” Everyone gasped. I lifted up the other side of my shirt and traced a line from my old scar; it was on my right side just below my last rib and right where my stitches started. It was the worst pain I had ever been in…

“I don’t think I have the energy to tell you what happened… but to make a long story short, an intruder in my house attacked me without warning; it was before I had my gun…,” I made sort of a slicing noise. “He nearly cut me in half before I could punch him… I lost nearly three pints of blood and the surgeons had to piece my intestines back together… I was in the hospital for three weeks and I couldn’t work for half a year…,” I lifted up my shirt even more. “Then I was impaled on a steel rebar… don’t ask what happened… I prefer not to talk about it…,” I sighed.

“Dad… we’re all here for you… don’t be afraid to tell us what happened…,” he looked at me funny.

I sighed sorrowfully. “Well… I got in a fight with my dad… we were both walking around these wooden supports of that very house that we’ve stayed in… well, we started to argue about who should own the house. Well, I lost my balance and splat! – Landed straight on top of a steel rebar – it impaled through my left lung, I lost one and a half pints of blood that day and a piece of my lung, but somehow they were able to repair that. That was probably the second worse pain I had ever been in…” Everyone looked at me with scowls as I yawned. “I’m sorry, but I must admit… I’m still a bit sleepy…”

“OK… goodnight Dad…,” Stan nodded.

“Goodnight,” everyone else said.

“You’re welcome to go back to my house if you’d like… don’t worry about me, I’ve probably been to the hospital twenty times in my… life…,” I dosed off.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Stan’s POV

“If that his wish, we can come back tomorrow… I don’t think I could sleep in one of those chairs… it hurts my tailbone…,” I shrugged.

“OK… let’s go then,” Marie nodded.

“Bye…,” we all whispered.

“Wait… I just realised something… we’re in Saffron City…,” I groaned. “I think Dad forgot…”

“Let’s just find a hotel and stay there for the night,” Jade nodded.

“Right… great idea, let’s go,” I nodded. We all walked off to find a hotel until…

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

TBC…

A/N: Yeah cliffhangers… also, Émile’s impalement on a steel rebar is from an episode of Trauma... I think it was the sixth episode… I don’t remember, really. I got the name of the chapter from an episode of CSI: NY (I couldn't think of anything XD)
Sign up to rate and review this story