Categories > Original > Fantasy > The Dark Past of Elves

Letter Sender

by Gamer191 0 reviews

Category: Fantasy - Rating: R - Genres: Fantasy,Sci-fi - Warnings: [V] [X] - Published: 2009-11-18 - Updated: 2009-11-18 - 337 words

0Unrated
Gabrielle set down the quill and sighed. Being the leader was not ease. Still, She thought as she crossed the room to get her wax seal, Every job has its perks and its cons. She glanced at the note.

Thryblith Is Coming. Watch Out For Wolfs

Now all she needed was someone to collect the boy. She still shivered at the thought that all their hopes and dreams resided in the hands of a fourteen year old. Better that than nothing. She thought, her brown hair flipping as she whirled around to head back to the table, wax seal in hand. At least he isn’t evil. If he was – then we would be doomed, She though as she enclosed the letter in an envelope. She wasn’t usually this morbid but the light elves had had little to be happy about the past three millennium.

She paused to glance at her reflection in the mirror in her office. Standing at 6’7 she was an impressive sight. Brown hair billowed around her face and cascaded down her back. Warm brown eyes blinked back at her and the black wing protruding out of the right side of her back – well that wouldn’t change any time soon.

She readied herself and thanked the gods that it was a full quarter moon that night. The spell she was about to perform require lots of energy. “Anfon femrwn at 'r arwyneb byd onto briddo i mewn i 'r mailbox chan 'r agoriad at allu!”

She sat down panting heavily. She never usually used such strenuous magic. “Briddor!” She called and a woman with blue hair, a wing protruding out of her back, and purple eyes entered her chambers.

“What do you desire?” She asked.

“Go and find Saeth. I have a job for both of you.” Gabrielle said dismissively.

“Yes my queen.” Briddor said and she departed. Gabrielle sat down with a sigh. This was going to be a long day.

*

Many miles away a letter appeared in Fred’s mailbox.
Sign up to rate and review this story