Categories > Original > Fantasy > The Dark Past of Elves

Crossing Blades

by Gamer191 0 reviews

Category: Fantasy - Rating: R - Genres: Fantasy,Sci-fi - Warnings: [V] [X] - Published: 2009-11-18 - Updated: 2009-11-18 - 390 words

0Unrated
“Yeah – o.k.” Fred said sarcastically, “Right, I’m sure we’re going to have lots of fun sword fighting.”

“That’s the spirit.” Saeth said brightly ignoring Fred’s sarcasm. Can’t say I’d be much better in his position. He thought as he paced around Fred who stood stock still – watching him stonily. Common move. He urged the kid silently. He didn’t move. He’s going to need a lot of work. “Ready?” He asked,

“No.” Fred answered.

“Well get ready.” Saeth said pacing towards him.

Slowly, he struck at Fred’s thigh. Fred tried twisting the blade downward. The two swords met. “Not good.” Saeth admonished. “Your hands are clumsy now. No room to block a blow.” Quick as lightning he twisted his sword around and nicked Fred’s other thigh.

“Ow!” Fred yelped dropping his sword and hopping around in circles holding his leg. He yelping stopped when there was an explosion of pain at the back of his neck. The world went black.

“You didn’t need to do that.” Fred said when he was revived.

Saeth raised his eyebrows. “Oh, shall I pander to your incompetence. Nah – this way is so much more fun.” And with that he struck.

They fought for thirty minutes during which Fred got struck no more than thirty times and was knocked out ten. Then they stopped and Saeth showed him sword moves and formations. They went through those for another hour before returning to their duel.

When they were done Fred collapsed with a gasp. He held his side while his lungs fought for air. “That…was…hard.” He gasped out.

“That was pathetic.” Saeth said.

Fred growled, “Bitch.” Under his breath.

“'n grai Chledd.” Saeth said as he sat down at the fire.

Fred glanced at Briddor who had remained silent throughout the whole ordeal. “You did good for your first time.” She said looking at him with purple eyes.

“Thanks.” Fred said as he rolled over onto hard ground.

“Saeth thinks so to – he just wants to see what your capable of and believe me – he’s impressed.” She confided.

Fred smiled at her – the first true smile he had smiled for a long tome. “Thanks.” He said again.

“No problem.” She said.

“And Briddor…”

“Yes.”

“Good night.” Fred said before night enveloped him.
Sign up to rate and review this story