Categories > Original > Fantasy > The Dark Past of Elves

Calm Before the Storm

by Gamer191 0 reviews

Category: Fantasy - Rating: R - Genres: Fantasy,Sci-fi - Warnings: [V] [X] - Published: 2009-11-18 - Updated: 2009-11-18 - 395 words

0Unrated
“Ala!” Saeth said.

Nothing Happened. What the hell is supposed to be happening? Fred wondered. And then, something started to happen. As the men – or clones – or what ever they were running toward him all the rock, dirt and debris in the air lifted five feet in the air. Sick! Fred thought in admiration.

“Gardred!” Saeth ordered and there was a great rumbling and Fred could feel the earth moving beneath him. Jesus! What is happening? He wondered. His question was answered when all the rocks in the air flew towards the advancing men. “Let’s get out of here!” Saeth ordered.

Briddor nodded and grabbed the back of Fred’s collar as a raven ring plumed out of her back. Fred knew what was coming next. The all the muscles in her body tensed. Shit! Fred groaned and then she jumped, propelling herself 20 feet up into the air. She hung there, suspended for a full second and then with an explosive bang, she was flying.

Over the past few days Fred had many scary experiences but none compared to flying with Briddor. Fred could feel the wind whipping his face and it brought tears to his eyes. I’m going to die. He thought. “You’re not going to die.” Briddor said sounding exasperated. I hate it when she does that. Fred thought. “Well get used to it.” Briddor said answering his thoughts. Then there was silence except for the slight whipping sound of wind whipping through clothing at incredibly high speeds.

“WHERE ARE WE HEADED?” Saeth yelled to the from behind.

“MOUNT HAWIKKI!” Briddor yelled back.

“YOU WANT TO ENTER THROUGH THERE? ARE YOU CRAZY?!” Saeth yelled back incredulous.

“DO YOU HAVE A BETTER IDEA?!” Briddor roared back at him.

“NO!” Saeth said sounding sheepish even over the sound of the wind.

“THEN SHUT UP!” Briddor roared.

She has a pair of lungs on her. Fred thought with amusement. “I heard that.” She snapped. Scary as hell to. Fred thought. “Yes I am.” She said sounding very smug.

“WHERE ARE WE!!?” He yelled over the wind.

“OVER THE ATLANTIC!” She shouted back.

Well, Fred thought, it could be worse. I could be dead…right? “That’s the spirit!” Briddor cheered. On second though, I prefer death. Though Fred as an air current rocked them. Briddor’s laughter could be heard echoing behind them.
Sign up to rate and review this story