Categories > Original > Fantasy > The Dark Past of Elves

Talking In The Air

by Gamer191 0 reviews

Category: Fantasy - Rating: R - Genres: Fantasy,Sci-fi - Warnings: [V] [X] - Published: 2009-11-18 - Updated: 2009-11-18 - 377 words

0Unrated
“Where the hell are we going anyway?” Fred asked over the roar of the wind.

“Mount Hawikki.” Briddor answered who, despite carrying Fred go knows how many miles didn’t seem tried in the least.

“That’s in…Africa isn’t it?” Fred asked trying to remember the history that he was taught in 7th grade.

“Correct.” Saeth called from behind them. “It one of our oldest entrances into the surface world.”

“Ah.” Fred said even though it made no sense what so ever. The he remembered a question that had been nagging at him for a while now. “How come no-one ever sees me when I’m with you?”

“That’s because they can’t see us.” Briddor answered matter-a-factly.

“Why can’t they?” Fred queried as another wind current rocked him. I hate flying. He thought grumpily.

“Because their brains can’t process the information.” Saeth answered.

“But why can’t they?” Fred asked.

“Because we aren’t real.” Briddor said.

“Well of coarse you are.” Fred said, “Unless this is some kind of dream?” He trailed off hopefully.

“Nope, we are as real as you are.” Saeth said, “It’s just them who don’t think that we are real. They couldn’t deal with it.”

“Ah.” Fred said again even though this made less sense that the Volcano. They flew in stony silence for another few minutes. “What did you do back there?” Fred asked gesturing to where they were in D.C.

He saw Saeth exchange a brief glance at Briddor. “I don’t think you want to know that answer.” He said.

“But I do.” Fred persisted.

“No you don’t.” Saeth said and his tone closed the conversation. “We will tell you, but not today, not tomorrow but when you are ready.”

“Ass holes.” Fred muttered under his breath.

“That we are.” Saeth chuckled, “That we are.”

Fred knew that he was in a precarious position at present with no means of escape. He still didn’t know who the hell these people were. But, He reasoned as his eyes began to close, they have helped and saved me this far so maybe they aren’t so bad after all. His final though as he fell asleep was, yeah right.
Sign up to rate and review this story