Categories > Original > Fantasy > The Dark Past of Elves

A Gust of Air

by Gamer191 0 reviews

Category: Fantasy - Rating: R - Genres: Fantasy,Sci-fi - Warnings: [V] [X] - Published: 2009-11-18 - Updated: 2009-11-18 - 333 words

0Unrated
A gust of air jolted Fred from sleep. “whaz goin on.” He mumbled temporarily forgetting where he was.

“Mid-way over the Atlantic.” Came the lilting female voice.

Oh, Briddor. That’s right, I’m in the air flying away from god knows what. Fred thought. “What’s happening?”

“Nothing much.” Saeth said who was flipping gracefully through the air. “We still are flying and…” But he was interrupted. A ball of fire had narrowly missed his head. Then another one came soaring up. And another. And another until the whole air was filled with many balls of fire. “Shit!” Saeth cursed. “They’ve found us.”

“What do we do?” Briddor asked who tightened her hold on Fred.

“Escape.” Saeth said, “That’s what we do.”

“Your wisdom never ceases to amaze me.” Briddor retorted sarcastically as she dodged yet another fireball.

“What the fuck is going on?” Fred yelled who was through with politeness. Out of the frying pan and into the fire. He thought bitterly.

“Hold on.” Saeth advised and at the same time Fred felt Briddor’s muscles lock down as if for impact.

“For whataaaaaaaaaaaaa!!” Fred screamed because Briddor and Saeth were now flying faster than he believed possible. This isn’t real. He chanted in his head. This isn’t real. He could see the sea blurring past them at unreal speeds. “SLOW DOWN!!” He roared.

“DO YOU WANT US TO DIE!!!?” Saeth roared back not slackening his pace.

“I’M GOING TO DIE ANYWAY!!” Fred roared back.

“NOT WHILE WE HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY ABOUT IT!!” Briddor said who tightened her hold on him. Fred was starting to get dizzy. The world was spinning around him and things were blurring out of focus. Maybe this is dying, He thought.

“HE’S GOING TO FAINT!” Briddor roared at Saeth.

“THEN LET HIM!” Saeth yelled back, “IT WILL BE BETTER FOR HIM IN THE LONG RUN!” Well at least I have his approval, Fred though as darkness closed over him.
Sign up to rate and review this story