Categories > Original > Fantasy > The Dark Past of Elves

A New Dilemma

by Gamer191 0 reviews

Category: Fantasy - Rating: R - Genres: Fantasy,Sci-fi - Warnings: [V] [X] - Published: 2009-11-18 - Updated: 2009-11-18 - 362 words

0Unrated
Fred jerked out of sleep. His back was burning. “My back.” He groaned unable to summon the energy for a scream. It felt as if it was being torn apart by a thousand sharp needles. “My back.” He said again and a little bit of life infused his voice. Fred’s back was being ripped open from the inside out. He had sustained some would of a grievous nature and he had not even noticed it. “My back!” He said loudly. “MY BACK!!” Fred screamed breaking out of his sleep educed coma.

Pain

“What is it?” Briddor asked who had awoken with a start.

“I swear to god you better be dying Allu.” Saeth groaned.

“It’s my back!” Fred growled out through clench teeth.

“What about it?” Briddor asked who had come over to him. Her eyes were wild and her normally sleek blue hair was messed all over her face.

“IT feels as if it is being torn open.” Fred choked out.

“Torn open?” Briddor asked with a glance towards Saeth.

“Take off your shirt.” He said.

Fred ripped at his shirt and with some difficulty got it over his head. The coolness of the night air soothed his back slightly. Saeth whistled. “That was fast. You’re adapting to our lifestyle like a pro.”

“What do you mean?” Fred yelled out through clenched teeth.

“You wing is growing in.” Briddor said matter-a-factly.

“My…wing?” Fred groaned. “Shit.” He breathed.

“Yup.” Saeth said cheerfully. “Its going to hurt like a bitch.”

Fred couldn’t say anything else. All he was aware of was the burning. The burning of his back. “Let’s get going.” Saeth said to Briddor. “He won’t get any sleep and we need to cover more ground any way.

“Alright let’s go.” Briddor agreed, “And Saeth?”

“Yes?” Saeth asked.

“It’s your turn to carry him.” She said and took of into the air her bell like laughter echoing back behind her.

“Let’s get off.” Saeth said gruffly to Fred. Fred grunted in reply. “Good enough for me.” Saeth said and took off into the air and Fred was alone in the pain.

Alone.
Sign up to rate and review this story