Categories > Original > Fantasy > The Dark Past of Elves

More History

by Gamer191 0 reviews

Category: Fantasy - Rating: R - Genres: Fantasy,Sci-fi - Warnings: [V] [X] - Published: 2009-11-18 - Updated: 2009-11-18 - 379 words

0Unrated
As they flew the pain gradually became more bearable. It tuned down from scorching heat to a gentle burn. This is better. Fred thought as the never ending scene of blue flew past them. “Why do all you lot have…wings?” He asked.

“It is the curse that Ledrith placed on us.” Saeth said keeping his eyes in front of him.

“Ledrith?” Fred asked.

“The god of magic.” Saeth snapped irritably.

“Why did he place the curse on you?” Fred asked.

“Because we were selfish, greedy, power hungry bastards.” Briddor answered who was looping gracefully through the air. At Fred’s puzzled look Briddor explained. “We were once all the same. The vampires and the wolfs didn’t exist. We were just elves. That’s all we were. But we grew too powerful. We grew ignorant and greedy. We tried to play god. Ledrith grew frustrated and eventually he worked…”

“Briddor.” Saeth said warningly.

Briddor started. “Sorry.” She said, “Suffice to say we got what we deserved.”

“Huh.” Fred though his mind still whirring through the implication of what he had just learnt. So they were all the same once upon a time. He thought, that could explain what they know each other so well. But that doesn’t explain why Ledrith made them into two separate fractions. I shall have to wait and find that out.

“See that brown dot in the distance?” Briddor asked.

Fred strained his eyes and sure enough, there was the brown dot protruding out of the horizon. “Yeah I see it. So that’s Mount Hawikki?”

“Yeah and our oldest entrance into the surface world.” Saeth answered.

“Why do you call this place the surface world?” Fred asked.

“Because that’s what it is. The surface world. You weren’t really ignorant enough to think that this was the only place on earth that could support human life. Please,” And here he snorted, “Humans can be so ignorant sometimes.”

“Yes we can.” Fred said.

Saeth snorted again, “You really think you’re still human? With a wing growing out of your back?” His voice was incredulous.

“I’d like to think so.” Fred mumbled. And anyway, he thought as the Mountain loomed in the distance, I need all the reassurance I can get.
Sign up to rate and review this story