Categories > Original > Fantasy > The Dark Past of Elves

A New Creature

by Gamer191 0 reviews

Category: Fantasy - Rating: R - Genres: Fantasy,Sci-fi - Warnings: [V] [X] - Published: 2009-11-18 - Updated: 2009-11-18 - 447 words

0Unrated
Saeth dropped Fred who landed none too gracefully. He got up wincing. He brushed dirt from his hair and clothes and looked around. They were on an island that was maybe the size of LA. That was it. Most of the island was taken up by a giant Volcano that protruded out of the ground and into the sky like some stone monolisk presenting a message to all that saw it.

“Mount Hawikki.” Said Briddor tightly.

“Wow.” Fred said, awed by the sheer size of the Volcano.

“That is our entrance into the under world.” Saeth said who started walking around the volcano.

“Where are we going?” Fred asked.

“To the entrance.” Saeth said.

“Oh.” Fred said when you put it like that it makes me sound like an idiot.

“This way.” Briddor said as the three of them began to make their way around the volcano. They hiked for about 1 hour and ½ trying to make their way around the perimeter of the massive mountain. Suddenly, Briddor stopped and Fred, who was not paying attention, walked right into her.

“Sorry.” He muttered.

“No matter.” Briddor said. “Saeth, would you open it?”

“Sure.” Saeth said and he closed his eyes. All Fred saw was another wall of rock that was the Volcano. But when Saeth spoke, his words held an echo of power long forgotten. “Agored!”

There was a creaking and a cracking sound. “What’s happening?” Fred asked aloud.

“The door.” Saeth said simply. And sure enough, the stone in front of them began to move. It shook and wobbled and vibrated until it slid downward revealing a small stone walkway surrounded by a sea of lava.

“You expect me to go on that?” Fred asked. The pain in his back gave a short twinge.

“Yup.” Briddor said who had started in. When Fred looked closer, the stone walkway slanted down bringing them deeper into the heart of the volcano. On the end of the walkway there was a small opening for a door. “Shall we go?” She asked.

“Yup.” Fred said as he started to walk on the rock. They went Briddor, Fred and then Saeth, bringing up the rear. “This place is amazing.” Fred said in awe of the Volcano.

“Just wait until you see some of our cities.” Saeth said mischief alight in his eyes.

Eventually, they reached the end of the walkway and made their way through the door. Fred looked around and saw a crouched golden beast. “Is that?” He asked

“Yup it is.” Briddor said drawing her sword.

“Get ready.” Saeth told her.

Only one word made its way to Fred’s mouth as the animal began to move, “Holy shit.”
Sign up to rate and review this story