Categories > Original > Fantasy > The Dark Past of Elves

Rules

by Gamer191 0 reviews

Category: Fantasy - Rating: R - Genres: Fantasy,Sci-fi - Published: 2009-11-18 - Updated: 2009-11-18 - 342 words

0Unrated
Fred’s mind whirled with the ramifications of what Saeth was saying. “But don’t all these power make me a god?” He asked.

“WRONG!!” Saeth barked fury in his eyes.

Fred leaned back away form his wrath. “Sorry.” He muttered.

“So am I.” Saeth said visibly calming down. “You didn’t know. You are still a youngling of our kind.”

“I’m fourteen.” Fred protested.

“Tell that to some people who are over 10 millennia old are.” Saeth snapped.

“Just how old is the Elvin kingdom anyway?” Fred asked.

Saeth paused a minute before answering. “We estimate somewhere between 14 – 15,000 years old.”

“Oh.” Fred said dully. I seem to be saying that a lot lately. “So, rules.” He said in an effort to distract himself.

“Yes. I will tell you an listen well.” Saeth said. “Rule number one, magic takes as much effort as it would to do something the mundane way.”

“As in?” Fred prompted, not understanding.

“If I used magic to transport us to the Elvin Kingdom, it would take just as much energy as it would to carry you all there.”

“And if a spell takes up to much energy?” Fred asked.

“You die.” Saeth said.

“Oh.” Fred said again.

“So…don’t overuse magic.” Saeth said. “The more powerful you are, the more spells you can perform.”

“O.K.” Fred said.

“The second and final rule of magic is that you can’t use it to attack someone who is your elder.”

“Elder?” Fred asked.

“You can’t attack me for instance.” Saeth said.

“But – what if they deserve it?” Fred asked.

“Well then by all means do it but, if you’re wrong, and they really don’t deserve it, then your magic will disappear.”

“But how do you know?” Fred asked.

“You conscience is usually correct.” Saeth grunted.

“Well, let’s hope that I listen to it.” Fred said but inside he was thinking, how the hell am I supposed to do this. I am going to die. That’s comforting. He though with a mental snicker.
Sign up to rate and review this story