Categories > Anime/Manga > Pokemon > Stanford

Flashback to DP136

by GalacticFTW 1 review

Whoa chapter 35 already?!

Category: Pokemon - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2009-11-23 - Updated: 2009-11-23 - 3556 words

0Unrated
A/N: OK, well part of the flashback is from DP136. I had to fill in the some of the gaps of course (mainly because anime focuses on just Ash… how mean! Just kidding. XD).

It’s not necessarily a running gag just yet, but Jade loves to lie about her age; she is actually 25. Her Dad, Gage, was dumb enough to have sex at the same age as his brother (Émile of course), XD.

Oh yeah, I think of the anime as just a chapter in a story, not a show.


_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 35

Émile’s POV

I cleared my throat. “Right, I will tell you.”

Flashback, about six years or so ago…

I had made it to Mount Coronet. I was out of breath, tired, and very sick (altitude sickness). While taking short breaths, I had to lean over a rock and vomit. “Ugh…,” I had nothing to clean myself off, but I had remembered – there was a Pokémon Centre not too far from here. “Oh you got to be pulling my leg…,” I ran as fast as possible. I had finally spotted it and I walked in. “Hello?”

No answer. There was no one there… I walked to the bathroom and washed my face off and rubbed my head (because I felt light-headed). “There, no one will know I threw up!” I looked up to see a medicine cabinet. “Huh?” I also saw a bottle of medicine (Diamox) for altitude sickness, so I decided to take a couple. I can swallow pills without water… usually. “There. I probably won’t vomit anymore,” I walked out and sat down on one of the chairs. I happened to be good friends with this Nurse Joy, so she doesn’t seem to mind me stopping by. I heard her come back. “Good she’s back,” I mumbled.

“Here, it didn’t have any injuries,” she said. I looked to see Ash, Brock and Dawn but also another pink Shellos on the counter.

“That’s so great Shellos!” Dawn smiled happily. Her Piplup chirped and Shellos cried happily.

“Nurse Joy, we’ll return this Shellos to the west side of the mountain,” Ash smiled.

“That would help a lot!” she replied. “If you go to the fen over there, you should be able to find a group quickly.”

“Understood,” Brock nodded. Piplup chirped happily again.

“Oh?” I just had to speak up. Everyone turned around and Nurse Joy noticed me for the first time!

“Huh?” They all mumbled.

I looked at the Shellos intently. “Another lost Shellos, huh?”

“Looker!” Ash smiled.

“Hello. And so we meet again,” I smiled.

“Oh, you know each other?” Nurse Joy asked.

“Yes,” the trio replied.

“Well I have to hurry now, so…,” I waved and walked off. I sure hope they don’t wonder why I’m leaving so abruptly. They all gasped at me oddly. I walked out and sniffed the mountain air. “Wow…,” was all I could muster. “This place is certainly beautiful…,” I walked along a trail and eventually reached the top of it. I noticed a cave.

“Hmm…,” I mumbled and got out my contour map of Coronet. “Seems I’m here…,” I thought and walked on. I walked inside the cave and I noticed some activity. I got out my cool night vision goggles that I can be use to see footprints. “Human footprints, huh?” I looked around. “The construction looks like it was worked on recently,” I leant against a wall, you know, spies do this and because I heard something. “That noise…” I could never describe the noise, except that it was a monotone, resonating, droning noise – what could I even say it was. I took off the goggles and saw a bright light. I quickly snuck past Team Galactic and hid behind a rock.

“Darn it…. This mountain is like a nest of ruins!” Saturn groaned. “I can’t believe we’ve sought out so many ruins and still haven’t found the gate to the Spear Pillar!”

“Really, you are so impatient; it’s no good,” Charon replied while staring at a laptop. “The space-time legends were practiced as a religion here. The ancients wanted to be closer… to the Pokémon referred to as gods, Dialga and Palkia, so they built these historic temples as a means to get in contact with them. One must look forward to seeking them our one by one.” Saturn looked at him funny the whole time. I poked my head from over a rock. Now was my chance… to put on my perfect disguise as a Team Galactic grunt. I waited for the perfect opportunity to put it on, and I heard someone else coming (but it wasn’t Team Galactic for sure)… it was Ash and co.!

“Who is it?!” Charon grumbled. The trio gasped.

“Team Galactic…!” Ash growled.

“Pika…,” his Pikachu imitated him.

“I was wondering what had found its way here… so it was you again,” Saturn didn’t look too happy… The Galactic grunts surrounded them – there was nothing they could do – nor could I do anything either… it would be bad if I blew my cover. They tied them up, including the Shellos, Dawn’s Piplup and Ash’s Pikachu. I spotted Team Rocket on the opposite side of the cave, hiding behind some rocks just like me.

“Rr…,” I grunted. “How could they do this… this is terrible. I got to help them just as soon as I can…” I quickly changed into my Galactic grunt disguise.

“Be good and stay there… until our mission is finished,” Saturn told them.

“Oh so these are the infamous…,” Charon smiled evilly.

“Never mind, just return to work,” he looked at Charon funny again.

“Hm! I got it,” Charon replied.

“Work…?” Ash whispered.

“What are they trying to do now?” Brock asked while whispering. I noticed Team Rocket talking again.

I wonder what they’re doing…,” I thought. The Shellos started to cry and I thought it was the perfect opportunity to appear.

“Shellos, what’s the matter?” Ash said to it and everyone looked at it with surprised looks on their faces.

“Pikachu…,” it said solemnly.

“Piplup…,” it did the same.

“Argh, I can’t concentrate! Someone go and shut that thing up!” Charon piss and moaned.

Now was my chance! “Yes!” I nodded and ran up to it. “Hey, be quiet,” I tried to say calmly while whispering. I picked it up. “If not, something will happen to you!” It continued to cry.

“Stop that!” Ash barred his teeth.

“It’s already suffering from being tied up!” Dawn complained.

“Please wait just a little longer,” I tried to say as calmly as possible again. “I’ll definitely help you,” I continued to whisper and it continued to cry. I rubbed its head softly. Ash grunted. “You don’t have to cry. I’ll do something to let you return to your friends.” It looked at me and stopped crying. “All right, be good now,” I set it down. “That goes for you as well,” I directed that towards the trio. I looked to make sure the ropes weren’t loose. “I’ll check whether your ropes haven’t come loose yet.” I lowered my voice and whispered. “Be quiet and listen to me. The Team Galactic appears to be searching for a legendary ruin inside this mountain. I want to investigate a little longer to find out what they’re doing. I’ll definitely save you, so please wait for your chance.” They all gasped and looked at each other. I don’t think they realised whom I was just yet. I stood up. “All right, the ropes haven’t loosened it seemed.”

“And you are…?” Saturn asked.

“Yes!” I turned around and walked up to them. “I’ve come here to help with the work here upon a command from headquarters,” I lied perfectly.

“Hmph! How unnecessary,” Charon looked at me funny. So did Saturn. “We’ve got more than enough people already.”

“I hurried to come here, so…,” I wasn’t sure what to say. “…I have only heard that this was an examination of ruins. Could you tell me the details?” I didn’t want to be caught red-handed…

“Oh boy, how tedious,” Charon griped. “The goal of our search today is to find… the gate to the Spear Pillar, which is located somewhere in Mount Coronet,” he grinned.

“To the Spear Pillar…?” I was interested now.

“A gate?” Ash asked.

“And at the end of our search…,” Charon continued. “Hey!” He turned around and I saw trunk that a grunt was guarding.

“Yes!” The grunt nodded and opened it.

“…we’ll use that key to get inside.” The trio gasped.

“So that was a key…,” Ash mused.

“In other words, the Team Galactic was searching for that ruin… and that’s why they dug so many tunnels.”

“The Shellos from the west side began getting lost in the east because they went through them…,” Dawn added.

“Listen Charon,” Saturn said to him. “That’s an important key the boss entrusted us. Handle it with care.”

“I know that,” he replied. “Well I don’t really care about Dialga or Palkia… not even about the new world. However,” he looked at Saturn, “if you rule over that world, I can gain wonderful experiences as well. At any rate, I wish for the Team Galactic to do their very best,” he chuckled funny. I stared at the key – I could never describe it – it was weird. I saw in the corner of my eye Team Rocket talking again. “Well if you got it, hurry up and help us with the work! That’s what you’ve been sent for, right?”

“Yes!” Now was my chance – to protest! I quickly jumped back.

“What?!” Charon mumbled and the two gasped.

“This is as far as you’ll get, Team Galactic!” I cut the ropes with my switchblade and stripped my disguise off.

“Looker!” Ash blurted.

“Why you… who are you?” Saturn growled.

I stepped forward slightly. “I’m Looker, an investigator from the International Police!”

“An investigator…,” Brock gasped.

“…from the International Police?” Dawn gasped too. I saw Team Rocket talking again.

“I was informed about someone nosing around in our business… so it was you,” Saturn stared straight into my eyes.

“I couldn’t just overlook what you were doing, after all,” I replied. I turned my head to see that the Shellos was running off. I gasped.

“Shellos!” Dawn yelled.

“You guys, go and protect Shellos,” I looked at them.

“Yes!” They all replied and ran off. I looked back at Team Galactic.

“Stow the key away!” Saturn commanded to the grunt.

“Yes!”

“Capture him!” He ordered again. There was no way in hell they were going to capture me. The main reason I don’t like battling is that I don’t like my Pokémon to be in danger. I wasn’t even paying attention to the trio or Team Rocket. I had already knocked out a grunt.

“Argh, hurry up and catch him!” Charon bemoaned.

“Okay!” The female of Team Rocket said.

“Huh?!” Charon mumbled.

“Seviper, Haze!” She threw a poke ball and a Seviper materialised while using a Haze attack. I couldn’t even see but I didn’t let my guard down.

“Whoa, what is this?!” Charon hollered. The smoke finally cleared and grunts and I focused our attention to whatever was going on. “The key is gone!” He pointed to the ground. Saturn and the grunt standing next to him both gasped.

Team Rocket was so stupid to do that…,” I thought while mentally chuckling. Team Rocket cackled and the two looked up.

“It’s true; we’ve obtained the key to whatever it is!” She grinned.

“Who are you guys?!” Charon looked at them.

“We hear a voice asking ‘who are you guys?!’” She replied.

“And show up at the speed of light!” The male of TR grinned.

“Oh the wind!” She said.

“Oh the earth!” He said.

“Oh the sky!” said the ‘talking’ Meowth.

“Quiet you!” Charon interrupted while TR looked a bit angry. “Hurry up and return the key!” He pointed.

“Umm, hello? You’re being rude!” She sneered.

“Listen to people until they’ve finished speaking!” Meowth scowled.

“Well, the key is ours now, so it doesn’t matter,” the guy grinned.

“Surround them!” Saturn commanded. A bunch of Golbat appeared out of nowhere (I swear) and did just that. I briefly looked to see that Shellos and the trio ran into a dead end. Shellos began to cry once more. Ash said something and it stopped crying. The grunts turned their attention back to me and I knocked one out again. Three others came after and swung what looked like bludgeons at me. This was so easy! I easily avoided their slow swings. My legs are strong so I jumped up and did a flip in mid-air while landing on a ledge above me. Everyone gasped.

“Looker is amazing!” Ash blinked.

Two grunts that were along a wall turned around. “That guy is tough!” One of them said.

“All right, let’s join…,” another said. What he was talking about, I have no idea because whatever the first one was holding (it was like a scanner or something) started to go off and flash red.

“Charon, something is reacting!”

“What did you say?” He replied while the two walked up. “Hmm, there’s an interstice behind the rocks and I can identify something resembling a ruin.”

“All right. Come out, Toxicroak!” Saturn grinned and let out a (shiny) Toxicroak. “Toxicroak, destroy them with Rock Smash,” he commanded. The Toxicroak croaked and its claws glowed white. It began to smash the wall. I knew if this continued, there would be bad ramifications.

“So the ruins are on the other side…,” I mumbled and continued to watch the bipedal frog smash the rock. Team Rocket and the trio gasped while Charon and Saturn smiled. The Toxicroak took one last smash into the wall; which collapsed.

“Is that…,” Ash gasped.

“…the gate to…,” I continued. “…the Spear Pillar?” I finished the sentence.

“I hope you’re not mistaken this time,” Saturn grumbled.

“Obvious not,” Charon replied with a sharp rejoinder. “That’s certainly the gate to the Spear Pillar.”

“All right,” he replied and looked at TR. “Well then, it’s time for you to return the key.”

“We don’t want to!” They answered.

“Do it,” he commanded the Golbat. I couldn’t really tell what they were doing though. One of them grabbed the trunk and flew off with it.

“Hey, what do you think you’re doing?!” She said.

“Stealing things from other people is called theft!” The guy said… nice going, captain obvious…

“That’s right!” Meowth hollered.

“Toxicroak, Dark Pulse,” Saturn simply commanded. Team Rocket gasped while Toxicroak’s glowed black and purple. It fired the attack straight at them; causing the ledge to explode and for them to (somehow!) ‘blast off’. What the hell? How the hell is that even fucking possible?!

“All right, take the key out of the trunk,” Charon commanded.

“Yes!” One of the grunts replied.

“Now, key, open the gate,” he talked to the key. “And show us to the path to the Spear Pillar.”

“Rr…,” I groaned. The trio gasped.

…but nothing happened…

“Charon, why is the key not reacting?” Saturn looked at him funny.

“Well, it means we’ve drawn a blank,” he replied.

“What?!” Saturn retorted.

“This ruin is not the gate to the Spear Pillar.”

Saturn growled. “We’ll withdraw.”

“Yes!”

“Wait, Team Galactic!” I hollered. Those Golbats surrounded me, so there was nothing I could do while they ran off…

“Looker!” Ash looked at me.

“Don’t worry about me! It’s more important for you to stop those guys!” I flinched.

“I got it! Pikachu, Thunderbolt!” Ash commanded.

“Piplup, Bubblebeam!” Dawn commanded.

“Pika…,” it started to glow yellow and shot a beam of electricity at them.

“Piplup…,” the inside of its beak began to glow blue and it shot many bubbles at them. There was a problem: the Golbats must have used Protect because Piplup and Pikachu’s attacks were wasted. It caused smoke to appear.

“Uh…,” I grunted. My natural reaction is to cover my face with my arms. The trio gasped. The smoke cleared and Team Galactic was gone. “They’ve escaped,” I jumped down from the ledge.

“What is it?” Ash asked as the ground began to shake. Shellos became scared again but Piplup and Pikachu calmed it down. Water erupted from the ground.

“What is this?” Dawn asked me.

“It’s underground water. It’s spurting out because Toxicroak smashed some rocks earlier,” I replied. Luckily, I’m very handy at these kinds of situations! I pulled out an inflatable lifeboat. I threw it into the water. “Here! Get in here quickly!”

“Yes!” They all replied and jumped in. I jumped in last of course, because it would have been rude. The water carried us downstream and more of it began to erupt from the walls of the cave. The water also carried us down a waterfall but we were all able to hold on. It carried us fairly far from the mountain. We all got out.

“Is everyone all right?” I asked. I noticed the sun was already beginning to set.

“Yes,” Ash replied.

“We’re all right,” Dawn nodded.

“Thank you very much,” Brock grinned.

“No problem. I’m glad everyone is safe,” I gesticulated.

“But to think you were an investigator from the International Police…,” she looked at me.

I smiled. “Yeah, looks like I’ve surprised you quite a bit. I’ll return to headquarters now, but what are you guys going to do now?” I had to ask because I still noticed that sad Shellos.

“We’ll take Shellos back to its friends,” Ash answered. Piplup chirped happily. Pikachu nodded.

I looked at my map. “In that case, since we’re on the west side of the mountain, I’m sure you’ll find Shellos’s friends quickly. Be careful on your way.”

“Yes,” they all said and smiled.

“Goodbye,” I waved and walked off.

“Bye,” they all replied and waved. As I walked off, I noticed that some mud blocked off the tunnels in the mountain.

“Good,” I grinned. “Shellos won’t get lost anymore.” I must admit, that little Shellos was cute. “Well, I’m sure not walking back to Veilstone – go Astur!” I let out Astur. His blue crest and tan brown body shone in the setting sun. “Fly me to Veilstone, please.”

“Star…,” he nodded and I hopped onto his back.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Oh Boss…,” I groaned. “I’ve had a long day…”

“I hear you, Émile… what happened?”

“As soon as I got to the top of a peak, as usual, I got altitude sickness. And you know me…,” I blushed. “Yeah I vomited… anyway, I made it to the Pokémon Centre up there, at first there wasn’t anyone there, but I waited and you know that trio I mentioned? Ash, Dawn and Brock? Well they were there too, along with Nurse Joy… OK I’m not making any sense… but whatever. I had to leave so, I followed a trail that led to a cave. I pulled out those awesome night vision goggles you gave me – I saw human footprints! Well I heard this weird sound that I could never describe…,” I started to fall asleep.

“Tell me tomorrow Émile; you should get some sleep…” It was too late – I had fallen asleep with my head on my desk. “’Night, Émile,” he walked off.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Present…

“So there you go. I’m sorry that I called you Saturn, it’s just that’s how I’ve told my flashback a million times,” I blushed slightly. The doorbell rang. “Well, your surprise is here.” Everyone gasped and we all walked to the door. I answered it. “Come on in, Gage. Oh! I see you brought Dad!” I grinned.

“How is my boy, Émile?” Dad asked.

“Émile…!” Gage hugged and tackled me. I gasped and wheezed.

“D-dad…,” Jade blankly said.

“U-uncle Gage…,” Stan said in the same fashion. “D-dad… how come you never told me that your Dad was Professor Rowan?!”

“I thought I already told you,” I replied. “Dad, this is Stanford, my son; and this is Cassidy, my fiancée,” I wrapped my arms around them. “And this is Marie, Stan’s wife, and my grandson, Jasper… and of course, your daughter, Jade,” I slightly encouraged them to hug their family. Jade, Marie and Stan hugged Gage and Dad tightly.

Oh how I love moments just like this…

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

TBC…

A/N: The part in which Brock says ‘thank you very much’, I had to add the ‘no problem’ to the reply because I think it’s rude how they don’t say ‘you’re welcome’ in the anime…

Oh yeah, Émile has an interesting cousin named Mitternacht, I think I might include her in the next chapter! BTW, this is the fourth flashback in which I used the anime as a reference! :D Cya. P.S. there’s a link about Diamox in my profile. Random fact: it increases urine production.
Sign up to rate and review this story