Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > In The Centre Of A Restaurant

Chapter 4- Gingerness, Coffee and Pianos

by TheGiinger 3 reviews

Rae's talent comes out

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2009-11-26 - Updated: 2009-11-26 - 1115 words

2Exciting
Hey, we're back! The next couple of chapters are going to be almost pointless- but pretty funny ;) - but it's kinda slowing things down a bit, else everything would have happened unbelievebly (sp?) fast. Rae and Amy kinda get to know the band better in these :D Please don't forget to R + R! Constructive critisim is greatly welcomed and even encouraged Hint hint :P

Chapter 4

Amy POV

As we turned onto Trenleigh Gardens road I realised that this was possibly the last time I would ever see any of them in person. So I thought "why not ask them for a job as their tour maid?". I already knew they didn't have one and any part-time job I have had in the last year was shit because of the boss didn't "approve of the way you work" and this is the only job I have EVER enjoyed (I wonder why?). We then stopped in front of Rae's house and I saw her bedroom window open with faint music drifting out of it. Oh, she's on her piano, AGAIN! I mean she is really, really good and I love to listen to her play but when she does it at 5 in the morning, every morning then it gets annoying. Me and Frank both stood up at the same time and both looked at each other awkwardly and I quickly looked away because I had my blush marks (at the bottoms of my cheeks, which is really odd and annoying).
"What's that?" Asked Mikey. "It's amazing!"
"Oh, that's just Rae-chul. She plays all the time. All of the time. She actually composed this one herself." I replied, rather proud of my best friend.
"Awesome! Hey, we need a new pianist guys, because of.. because of what happened with the last one" said Gerard, shooting Frank an apologetic look, but received a scowl in return.
The tour bus grinded to a holt.

A loud banging from direction of Rae was heard, from the piano, as we got of the bus.
"Oh shit. She knows I'm here." I said.
"Why's that a bad thing?" Ray asked, looking confused.
As he said this, a ginger blur flew at me and quite literally knocked me down, flat to the floor.
"Was that a ginger bullet?!" I heard Bob ask Mikey behind me. I don't think Rae has seen them yet, or she would be jumping up and down in excitement.
"Umm, so I guess your Rachael?" Frank asked from behind us. Rae's head shot up and turned slowly. As her head was turning and she was standing up, she was speaking in a dangerously low voice,
"My name is Rae. R-a-e. If you ever call me Rachael again I swear I will..."
I burst into laughter at the expression on her face as she saw her 5 gods in front of her. Her jaw had dropped and her eyes were as wide as saucers. I stood up, still laughing my head off, and lifted her jaw virtually of the floor.
"B...b..bu..but...but...I...you...here...Neep!" she stuttered.
I decided I had better regain control of the situation, before Rae did anything she would regret.
"Hey, come on, I'll make us some coffee." I pulled Rae back up the drive and into her house.

"Umm, you guys go into the front room and make yourselfs at home," I instructed. Rae dragged me into the kitchen.
"Explain." She demanded, as I put the kettle on, pulled out 7 cups and spooned the right amount into each one.
I proceeded to tell her eveything that had happened since she left me at the concert. When I said about the concert, she threw her arms around me and apologised, saying that she's never letting anyone else bring me home ever again, she was always going to do it herself. When we had made all the coffee, we took them through, handed them out and sat down.
"Hey, so do you guys need a place to crash tonight?" Rae asked them, completely over her shock.
"Yeah," replied Gerard. "You know any hotels or anything around here?"
"Well, there is this one place, its got beds for all of you, a good bathroom, kitchen and 'cause I know the girl who owns it, you won't even have to pay!"
"Aww, cool! Where?" Ray replied, in his american accent.
Rae and I just looked at eachother and burst out laughing.
Bob slapped Ray at the back of his 'fro and said "She's talking about here, you idiot!"
"Talk about kitchen, Rae, what is that smell?" I asked, turning towards her.
"Oh SHIT!" She shouted, springing her red-skinny jean clad ass of the floor and towards the kitchen.
"It's only semi-burnt!" She yelled from the kitchen. She had-once again- left the food in the oven while she was playing the piano.
"How do I survive when I'm by myself?" She asked, returning to the living room.
"Because I virtually live here most of the time," I joked.
"So, you're sure we can stay here for tonight?" Asked Frank.
"Totally."

"What we're you playing before?" Asked Mikey shyly, after an awkward pause. "It was really good."
Rae blushed an unnatural shade of red. "It's just something I composed, its..it's nothing really."
"Nothing?!" Mikey burst out, scaring the shit outta me. "That was definatly not nothing!"
"Go on Rae, show them." I urged, knowing that her self-confidence wasn't what it should be, dispite to what others may think.
"But.." She started to protest.
"Now." I ordered.
"Fine." She huffed, once again springing to her feet. "Come on then."
We all followed her into her brother's old room, she sat at the Grand Piano the rest of us piled onto the sofa, with me squished next to Frank. We exchanged a brief moment.

"Ready?" She asked.
"Go for it," I encouraged.
Her nimble fingers started to do a graceful dance over the keys, so dainty and elegant, but still managed to bang out a series of tuneful notes and chords, that altogether made up a enchanting melody. Oh yeah, she was good.
As she was doing this, she started to sing softly. Shyly, she turned to Gerard and looking out from behind her metallic red glasses she said,
"Can you read music?" he looked slightly bewildered before replying,
"Umm, yeah." Rae then proceeded to push some music sheets with lyrics on towards him.
Gerard picked up the sheets and glanced over at the rest of the band, who either nodded or gave him 'Well, get on with it, we're waiting' expressions and gestures. And with that approvement, Gerard read the music, opened his mouth and began to sing along.
Sign up to rate and review this story