Categories > Anime/Manga > Pokemon > Stanford

Another weird dream

by GalacticFTW 1 review

:O

Category: Pokemon - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2009-11-29 - Updated: 2009-11-29 - 2299 words

0Unrated
A/N: I wanted to be science-fictionish in this chapter… I hope it doesn’t blow anyone’s minds, but if you can remember, Dittos can transform into anything. :P, Then again, how can the Magic School Bus do that…?!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 37

Stan’s POV, for now…

It finally stopped raining, so we all decided to go back outside. It actually wasn’t too bad for the beginning of July – usually it’s humid, hot and unbearable – but I guess today was an exception? Dad, Marie and I were sitting alone while my grandfather was ‘waxing’ his Empoleon named Aurora. I had asked him why he does that, but it’s no different than waxing a surfboard – it helps keep him from falling off an also increases grip (I think maybe he meant by the kind of ‘grip’ as in holding onto something), but my guess is that it also reduces drag. Everyone else was playing Frisbee. The three of us weren’t fond of it, so we decided just to watch.

“It’s interesting what Dad is doing,” Dad mused.

“I know, his Empoleon seems to be enjoying it,” I replied.

“That Empoleon is extremely old; he’s had her ever since he was he was a kid.”

“You’re joking, right?” My jaw dropped. “Wow… I never knew how long Empoleon lived…”

“They can live some 60 years,” he looked at me.

“That is amazing,” Marie nodded in agreement. Little did I know I was starting to fall asleep…

“So… I hate to ask you again, I’m wondering how long it’ll take for me to digest these fritters,” Dad looked at me.

“Haha I’ll be happy to help,” I got up and looked at his belly. “Right there,” I pointed to his stomach. “You have about 75 hours,” I looked up at him. “Here’s the meal from before,” I pointed right near his navel. “It has about 65 hours.”

“Hehe that tickles,” he chuckled. I paused. “Is there something wrong?”

“D-dad… the-there is something in-in your intestines… and it has nothing to do with them being scarred…”

“W-what do you mean?” He looked at me funny.

“I-I can’t tell what they are… if only there was some way of me going in there and looking… I wish we had the technology… also, I know you hate doctors and you probably won’t want an enema or colonoscopy…”

“Maybe I could be of assistance?” Marie looked at us. We both looked at her and shrugged. “Stan, I was able to develop a drug that could turn humans into this Pokémon virus known as Pokerus… it wasn’t successful… but maybe if I could find my drug, I can turn you into a Ditto, and therefore, you can transform into a miniature human…,” she dug in her pockets. “Here we go, it’s labelled ‘Ditto’.” We both blinked.

“Marie… I studied human anatomy in high school… I’ll just dissolve into nothing if I go through his stomach, nor do I think I want to go through you-know-where…,” I mumbled.

“Not if you enter via a capillary or vein,” she smirked.

“Also, how will I be able to see without a torch, and how will I be able to breathe?”

“I can fix that,” Dad looked at me. “Dad and I used to go spear fishing before it was banned. He gave me SCUBA gear for my birthday. I know exactly where it is, so maybe if I go inside real quick, I can find it.”

“Wow… that’s awesome Dad,” I smirked and he walked off. I thought me entering my dad was unbelievable, but since Marie is an expert with drugs, I’m sure someday she’ll work on a drug that can shrink someone.

“Hold still, all right?” She had a syringe in her hand. “I’m going to give you a tracking device so I can tell you which way to go once you get in.” I nodded and she lightly jabbed me; it went all the way to the muscle. According to her, if she puts it in the skin, it may fall out or get burned, or whatnot, but if she puts it in the muscle, it will stay there forever and the muscle will just grow around it. I had to bite my finger because it hurt like shit. “All done,” she grinned.

“Wow that was fast and easy,” I let go of my finger. “Do you even have the tracking device with you?”

“Yeah, in fact I upgraded it to a GPS,” she grinned and pulled a small GPS out of her pocket.

“Wow Marie… I don’t get how you can programme it for the human body though…,” I sighed.

“Stan…,” she pointed to the screen. “We just need Émile to lie down the whole time.” Just as she said that, he had come back.

“Here we go Stan,” he set some SCUBA gear on the ground.

“Émile… did you hear what I said?” She asked him.

“Yeah, you want me to lie down the whole time?”

“Yes. Also, the tracking device I put into Stan will be small enough for it to appear on my GPS, so don’t worry about that.”

“What’s going on?” Jade asked. Everyone else walked over here, including Aurora. I explained to them what happened. They were in disbelief.

“All right, I’m ready,” I smirked. “Turn me into a Ditto please.” She grinned and injected me with the drug that does the obvious. I immediately felt weird as I was literally being turned into an amorphous, purple blob, somehow I was able to transform along with the SCUBA gear on my back and the torch in my hand (also the radio Dad gave me, too). I could never describe how I felt at the time. “OK, I’m ready. I’ll need a picture of a really small person to help, because I don’t think I can do this alone.” Dad pulled out his cell phone and thumbed through it; he showed me a picture of himself, presumably taken by someone else.

“Does that help?”

“Yes it does,” I nodded but realised I couldn’t. I concentrated real hard and poof – I became a miniature me. Marie looked at me funny.

“Stan, you overshot yourself, you’re too large.”

“I am?” I said in a squeaky voice and looked up at her. “Dad, zoom out on the picture or walk slowly backwards.” He nodded and zoomed out. I tried again. I was even smaller than before.

“That’s perfect Stan,” Marie grinned.

“Ow…,” I had to plug up my ears.

“Oh sorry,” she whispered and picked me up carefully. Even though it was miniature, the SCUBA gear felt heavy. Dad lied down. “I need you to climb into this needle so I can inject you inside your dad,” she whispered. I nodded and she showed me the syringe. “You have about an hour and thirty minutes before you have to get out, OK?” She asked as I crawled inside the needle. “You ready?” I nodded. “Do not do anything stupid please,” she said as she slowly jabbed the needle into Dad. She pushed on the plunger and I was in.

“I’m in, over,” I turned on the radio. “So where am I, over?” It was incredibly dark until I turned on my torch. It looked like a giant, red cave but there was something peculiar that I didn’t notice before – I must have been going 100 miles per hour! “Ahh…! It’s like I’m being tossed around-d, o-over…,” I said dizzily.

“Stan… I say you’re almost to the heart, and I forgot to mention, blood travels around the body about six-eight times a minute… oh yeah, look out for the bad boys: the lymphocytes and phagocytes – if they see you as a threat, you won’t be on this earth ever again, you got that, over?”

I saw a blood cell and I held onto it. “Got it, over,” I looked around but I couldn’t see.

“Oh I said to avoid the ‘cytes’ but if you hitch a ride on a phagocyte, they can actually percolate through the blood vessel’s walls, over.”

“Really interesting, over, what do they look like, over?” I saw something kind of percolate through one of Dad’s blood vessels. “Never mind, I think I found some, over,” I swam over to one of them (despite going Lord knows how many miles per hour). They were white and squishy. “Hey this is cool,” I grinned and grabbed hold of it. They weren’t even paying attention to me (I know they aren’t really animals or people, but still, I don’t think they saw me as a threat). “Hey, they don’t see me as a threat obviously, anyway, where am I, over?”

“You’re near the lungs, over,” she replied.

“Which way to the intestines, then Marie, over?”

“Just go south, because you’re facing north, turn around please, over.”

“Right,” I turned around and started to swim south. It was as if I was swimming in clear urine almost. “Marie, what am I swimming in? It’s like clear urine almost… over,” I shuddered.

“It’s called pleural fluid according to this book I’m looking at, don’t worry, it’s not urine or anything dangerous – keep swimming south, you’re getting closer to the intestines, over,” she replied. “Keep swimming… you’re about to exit the pleural cavity.”

I continued to swim in the pleural fluid. I found another lymphocyte and I hitched a ride on it as it exited the pleural cavity. I must have been in the diaphragm; it was just a guess. It was squishy, pinkish, and very thin, though. The lymphocyte easily percolated through the diaphragm’s wall. “Where am I now?” I asked. “Sorry, I’m just tired of saying ‘over’.”

“That’s fine Stan, as for your question… you are in the abdominal cavity… do you see something folded and pinkish? If you do, it’s the small intestines.”

“Yes, I do actually,” I nodded and swam down to what I thought was the small intestines.

“Now do you see some blood vessels?”

I looked around. “Yeah, I do.”

“Those lead to villi which absorb food into the body.”

“Right,” I swam up to the blood vessels. “Marie, I don’t see any lymphocytes…”

“You’re going to have to slip through the vessels yourself then.”

“Won’t that be a bit dangerous though?”

“No. You hitched a ride on a lymphocyte and went through just fine; you should be able to yourself.”

“OK then,” I nodded again and somehow I was able to slip through the blood vessel. I had to swim against the current. I felt something squishy but I had no idea what it was. “Marie, I feel something squishy and odd…”

“I think you feel a villus,” she replied. “Climb out of it and you’ll be in the intestines.”

“Right,” I slipped through the villus. I swam in the small intestines. “Wow Dad, I found some of your last meal,” I said sarcastically. It was travelling slowly. I heard a roaring noise. “W-what was that…,” I mumbled. I saw something suddenly swim past me, eating at Dad’s intestines. I roared and swum past me. “Oh-oh my-my G-God…,” I stuttered. Whatever it was, it had spotted me and swum extremely fast towards me. There was nothing I could do except swim and scream. I knew exactly what it was now: it was a damn tapeworm! I turned around and saw about five swimming towards me. I swam towards the villi and hid in them. They were exactly like the sea grass that I’ve seen on TV shows about nature.

“Stan, Stan… Stan!” Marie was shaking me.

“Huh… huh…?” I startled myself out of sleep. “I-I was d-dreaming…” I looked over to see Dad was sound asleep. “Dad’s sleeping…”

“You were starting to convulse, I was so scared, so I just had to wake you up. Were you dreaming?”

“Yeah-yeah… I was,” I was still a bit shocked at what I had seen. “Y-you won’t be-believe me…,” I wiped the sweat off my forehead. I got up and walked to Dad, whom was snoring. “Dad, Dad,” I shook him. He stopped snoring and jumped out of the chair. I must have scared him.

“St-Stan, you almost gave me a heart attack,” he patted his chest. “Don’t scare me out of my sleep please!”

“Sorry Dad… anyway, I think I know why you vomit a lot. Only problem is, you might not believe me.”

“Hit me, I can handle pretty much anything,” he grinned and sat back down in the chair. Marie listened intently. I explained to him what had happened.

“Dad… I think you have a tapeworm in your small intestines…”

“Oh-oh… Stan… n-now that I think of it, you’re right… Rico dared me to eat a piece of raw fish that I had caught at the end of my line (when I was fishing). It was before tranquilisers were made to kill fish and other living things humanly. He asked me ‘I dare you to swallow this fish whole’. It was only about two inches long. I nodded at him and slid the fish down my throat. It was so gross… oh I think I’m going to be sick…”

“Dad… tell us a flashback… think of something else.”

“Right then…,” he sighed.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: GUESS WHAT…! You know that website with Japanese episodes with English subtitles I keep mentioning? Well, someone finally put DP150 on it! I’m going to make a flashback from that episode ASAP!!!! :D
Sign up to rate and review this story