Categories > Cartoons > Fairly OddParents > Any Way for Payback?

Chapter 3: Watching and Dreaming

by unknown20troper 0 reviews

Norm watches; Timmy daydreams

Category: Fairly OddParents - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Norm,Timmy Turner - Published: 2009-12-08 - Updated: 2009-12-09 - 973 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I do not own Fairly OddParents.

Author’s Note: Concrit welcomed, particularly on characterization. Norm and Timmy will not fall in love immediately. If either of them don't like the pairing, that is just an attempt to keep them in character. They both will probably like the pairing by the end of the fanfic. Thanks for all the wonderful reviews!

Chapter 3: Watching and Dreaming

GONG!

Norm appeared in his lamp. He had told Turner that he was going to watch I Dream of Jeanie, but that was a lie. Yes, he liked I Dream of Jeanie, but watching it probably wouldn’t benefit his plans much.

Norm GONGed up the golden TV that he had created specifically to observe Turner with. He had even created a fake TV channel (CloneTV Live), and a fake brand name for it (Timmy Vision). He would have rolled his eyes if someone suggested that the channel was real, or that Timmy Vision was a real brand of TV.

He pressed the remote control (which had the Timmy Vision fake brand name on it), and moved into a more comfortable position.

The Timmy Vision TV turned on, and showed Turner roller-skating on the midsize ramp. Norm noticed that Turner frequently went fast, as if in rage, and then looked slightly distracted, and fell.

Every time he fell, he accumulated more bruises, and began to look angrier.

Norm wondered why Turner didn’t just leave the skate park before he got severely hurt, but chalked it up to human idiocy.

Tim found that he had trouble getting Norm out of his mind.

Norm was the only one who had ever cared about his teeth problem (at least as far as he remembered), and had fixed it for him. He had given him fashion advice, and removed his acne, and gave him cooler clothes.

Most of all, Tim liked that Norm thought he had a chance with Trixie Tang. No one else had ever thought that.

Tim’s dreamy expression changed to a scowl. Despite what Norm thought, he didn’t have a chance with Trixie. Not anymore. She was dating a blond, rich boy.

Even if most teenage romance was short, the possibility that this romance wasn’t, still occurred to him.

Tim felt like raging at Trixie and her boyfriend, but remembered what Norm told him.

Norm.

The genie’s expert flirting had got him to say, “maybe” even though Norm wasn’t even trying to make him say, “yes.”

If someone-that-wasn’t-Trixie was to ask him out, that was exactly how he would want them to do it.

Norm had said he was good in bed. Tim wondered how good he was, and whether he was better than Trixie.

That was when Tim stopped the train of thought. He barely knew the genie, and yet he was wondering how good he was in bed? Way too personal!

At least, he wasn’t thinking about being in bed with the genie. Tim sighed in relief, until his thoughts did leap there, at which he distracted himself with thoughts of naked girls.

Norm noticed that Tim had stopped skating, and seemed to be caught up in daydreams. He wondered whom Tim was dreaming of. Did Tim really have a crush on him that he could exploit, or was he distressed about his comment for a different reason?

Norm liked the possibility of having something he could exploit, but he didn’t the idea of Turner having a crush on him. It was great for his ego, but Norm didn’t want his worst enemy to have anything below the waist. However, he figured Turner would probably have to get it if he was to use Turner’s possible crush against him. He groaned.

First, Norm had to confirm that Turner had a crush on him though. If not, he’d have to think of another plan to get at his secrets, and wouldn’t have to get violated by his worst enemy.

Tim felt tired. He had sent hours skating, and the sun had set. He couldn’t bear the thought of walking home.

Luckily, he didn’t need to. He owned a genie after all. Tim started to think about the other implications of owning someone, but stopped himself. He barely knew Norm, and he wasn’t even interested in men, right? Right?

“Norm.”

GONG!

Norm appeared, and Tim noticed his eyes, which he had just rolled. They were a dark shade of lilac, a color that Tim hadn’t seen in eyes before. He stared at them for a while, marveling at their cool colour.

Norm groaned, and Tim supposed that he had got lots of fascinated stares at his eyes.

“What it is?” asked Norm, sounding as though he was both gleeful and irritated. “You interrupted my I Dream of Jeannie!”

“Sorry, Norm,” replied Tim. “It’s just, would you please magic me home?”

“Phrase that as a wish, and I’ll grant,” replied Norm, sounding surprised.

Tim wondered why Norm sounded so surprised.

Norm noticed Turner’s strange silence, and decided to speed things up, and GONG him home anyway.

GONG!

“I thought you needed me to wish for that?” asked Turner in confusion.

“I don’t,” replied Norm. “Wishing for something just ensures that’ll grant it.”

“Oh,” replied Turner.

“Anyway,” continued Norm. “It’s time for bed, but don’t do it with me.”

Norm watched Turner’s expression as the words hit him. It started out confused, but then looked unhappy once he understood what Norm meant. Then, Turner seemed to start pondering something, probably the meaning of his words, though it could just as easily be difficult homework that he had forgotten to do.

Norm grinned. Getting to know Turner seemed as though it would be as easy as pie!
Sign up to rate and review this story