Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Broken

Broken [Part Two]

by SweatPatches 0 reviews

Part two. :)

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Horror,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2009-12-17 - Updated: 2009-12-18 - 1629 words - Complete

0Unrated
I hated walking through the Underworld. Everyone stared at me, some ran back into their tents, others took a few steps backwards if I got too close to them. It was understandable. To them, I was unstable, mental and broken. 20 years of love, hope and faith all washed down the drain.

The entrance opened itself, as always, leading me into the dark graveyard. Gerard had forbidden me from leaving the graveyard for my own safety. The Takers were a huge threat towards vampires. Gerard had always said that if one ever got hold of me, he'd literally die, even though that was impossible. I believed him when he said he loved me. Did 20 years mean nothing to him? I was stuck in my 18-year-old body, yet I felt like a withered old man on his death bed.
I wandered aimlessly around random headstones. I found myself stopping at one in particular. My fathers.

Samuel Geoffrey Iero
BORN: 15th January 1968
DIED: 31st October 2010
Beloved father, son and husband

He died on my birthday and death day. The day Gerard changed me. The day dad shot himself because he'd been told that I was last seen being brutally stabbed by a group of men and one last dark figure scooping me up and carrying me away into the darkness. No-one found my body obviously but they held a funeral for me. Then my father’s a few days later.
My headstone was right next to his. I just laughed. It was kind of ironic. I was standing over my own grave. If my father had waited a few weeks he would have seen I was, more or less, alive. Just minus the heartbeat, pulsing blood and electronic pulses that people called brain waves.
My mother was old now. Wrinkled and bitter. She had no memory of me so even if I did visit, she'd have no idea I was her "supposedly dead" son. Which, I guess, is better than having to come up some rational explanation of where I’ve been for the past 20 years, why I still looked 18 and not 38.
It was 5.30 am according to the sun dial. The sun would begin to rise, burning me into cinders and ending my sorrow.
I sat on my headstone, I couldn’t disrespect myself. I got impatient so I sat with my back up against the headstone, resting my head against the stone. I closed my eyes, falling asleep.

My eyes popped open. I saw hazel eyes looked down on me, they were too close for me to see who it was. Those beautiful eyes reminded me of Gerard, he used to stare at me till I woke up. I was told I spoke in my sleep but no-one had proved it to me.
I blinked a few times, hoping I was still asleep. A warm, smooth hand was placed on my cheek. I tried to move away from the strange persons touch but found that I couldn’t move.... at all. I tried to speak but couldn’t find my lips or vocal chords. My eyes started to water from my frustration.

'Don’t cry! Please? Everything will be okay. I promise!' A sweet, angelic voice said calmly. I recognized that voice. The sweet tone that always calmed me when I needed it.
I cried harder, I had to been dreaming. Gerard had left me, he promised he'd never come back for me.
‘Frankie, please stop crying baby! I promise, we'll fix this. I'll leave when I know you're okay. You can go back to being happy without me.' He kissed my cheek softly.

'No! No! No! NOO!!!!!' I screamed. I hadn’t gotten hold of my power perfectly so when I was angry, things happened. Gerard flew back against the wall, dropping back to the floor.
My arms flew up in pure rage. I jumped off the bed. My body was stiff and sore. My skin was still smooth. Unlike the myths, we didn’t burn in the sun. We withered. The sun dried the blood in our systems and our skin dried as well. Like we were made of paper.
'YOU THINK IM HAPPY WITHOUT YOU?' I screamed, crying harder.

‘Frank, I -' Gerard began, his hands up.

'No! Stay the fuck away from me! My heart can’t take it anymore!' I went to run at my door to leave. But I realized, I wasn't in my room. I wasn't underground like I’d thought. The walls were plastered white, not stone. The floor was carpeted and warm. There were bright paintings of flowers on the walls. There was even a family portrait. I recognized one of the members as Gerard. The photo was faded and some of the ink had run. There were 3 other people. One boy who looked younger than Gerard, though Gerard looked the same now as he did in it. The boy was tall, a little taller than Gerard. He wore glasses and his hair was brown. He was cute but next to Gerard, he was nothing. The other 2 must have been his parents.

‘Please listen to me. I’m trying to help you.’ Gerard whispered, edging closer to me. I backed as far away from him as the room allowed me.

‘Please don’t. I can’t…. No… it hurts. Stop please.’ I sobbed, sliding my back down then wall. I huddled myself in the corner, my river of tears soaking into my torn jeans. I felt a hand being placed on my shoulder. I tried to cringe away but there was no space for me to move.

‘Frankie. Please, just listen to me. I’m sorry. I just wanted to save you.’ He said, somewhat fiercely with some compassion in his voice.

‘S-Save me? You fucking destroyed me!’ I screamed in his face. He recoiled and stood up straight. He turned his back to me and began pacing back and forth.

‘Dammit, Frank!’ He yelled, driving his fist into the wall closest to him. The white plaster fell away, leaving a hole in the brick where Gerard’s fist had hit. I flinched and curled further into the wall as I could. He spun back around and sat in front of me.
‘Why won’t you let me help you? Why? I’m not a stranger. You know me, inside and out.’ He whispered, leaning in a little.

‘I thought I knew you.’ I whispered, watching a moth circle around a light. Anything but to look in his eyes and cave.

‘This is me, Frank. I haven’t changed. Not one bit.’ He laid his hand on my knee. His skin was so warm, which was unusual.

‘Haven’t changed, my arse. You just decide that, one day, you’re gonna up and leave me? 20 fucking years, Gerard. 20 years. Why?’ I began to cry again.

‘You think I left because I wanted to? I left my home, my family and you, Frank. I love you. Always have, always will. I was protecting you. Now I don’t know what to do.’ He dropped his hand, tucking it between his folded thighs.

‘Protecting me from what? Huh? I’ve hurt so many fucking people because you left. Lara could have died. Everyone hates me! All because you left!’ I yelled again, smashing my skull into the wall behind me. I felt a crunch and something warm slipping down my back. Gerard snapped his head up, sniffing the air. One second he was looking at me, and then next I was in his lap.

‘No… It can’t be possible… Fucking hell!’ He breathed, clutching me to him. I tried to pull away but he was so much stronger than me. He always had been but not by much. Now, I couldn’t even pry his arms away from me.
‘You’re so weak.’ He breathed again, watching me.

‘Ya don’t say?’ I spat sarcastically. The blood was now gushing down my back and I started to feel light headed.
‘Take me home. Please.’ I begged half heartedly. My eyes closed and my head fell onto his shoulder. I felt his arms tighten around me.

‘The suns out. I’m not risking your life.’ He said, lifting us from the ground.
‘Please let me help you. You’ll bleed out.’ He whispered, laying my down on the bed. I sighed and nodded, feeling too weak to speak.
I let him poke and prod my skull with different things. He pulled out a needle and special plastic that the doctors used to stitches. Even through his fear of needles, he stitched me up. He flinched a few times but kept going.
After he finished stitching, disinfecting and bandaging me up, he sat on the edge of the bed, stroking my face.

‘Lay with me.’ I murmured into the pillow. His hand stopped moving. I looked up at him. He was looking at me, searching my face for some lie.
‘Please?’
He nodded and walked around to the other side of the bed. The blanket was lifted and his body pressed against mine. His arms wrapped around my waist, holding me to him.

‘I’ve missed this.’ He whispered, kissing behind my ear.

‘Me too.’ I mumbled before passing out.

Just a heads up, When I do post chapter fics (no, this isn't one of them) I'd like to have atleast 4 reviews. Not for my own selfish gain, but so I know people are liking/hating it. I know this sounds rude&&possibly a cry for attention but I can stop posting here again. I like feedback, makes it feel like I'm doing this for a reason&&not just posting for the sake of it. Sorry if it sounds unreasonable :)
Sign up to rate and review this story