Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Broken

Broken [Part Three]

by SweatPatches 0 reviews

Part Three

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Horror,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2009-12-17 - Updated: 2009-12-18 - 1724 words - Complete

0Unrated
When I woke, I was alone. Gerard wasn't lying with me anymore. I looked around, expecting to see white walls with flower paintings. All I saw were stone walls, artificial light and the one painting Gerard had done for me. A dark city, 2 figures. One lying near dead on the cold pavement, the other looming over the other. It was the scene of my death and birth. That was the beginning of our relationship. I felt my frozen heart sink. It was a dream. I was sure of it.

‘Shut up! He’s sleeping!’ I heard a female voice say from the outside of my door.

‘You’re the one being loud!’ That was Gerard. I knew his voice, even though it was muffled by the door.

‘Why don’t you just leave?! He was doing so well. He was getting better.’

‘I’ll leave when I know he’s okay. Now, please Nic. Just let me see him.’
I heard a huff and then the door open quietly. I sat up, holding the blanket tighter around me. It was colder than usual. It was only Autumn… It shouldn’t have been that cold.
‘You’re awake.’ He breathed clutching his heart.

‘Yeah.’ I whispered, unsure of what to say. I felt a little stupid. I’d known Gerard for so long and now I couldn’t say anything.
‘Don’t leave.’ I whispered again.

‘I can’t stay, Frankie. I don’t belong here anymore.’ He said sitting next to me on the bed. I leant my head on his shoulder. If he was leaving, then I was going to make the rest of his stay last.

‘If you don’t belong here, then neither do I. This was your home first.’ I said, wrapping my arms around him.

‘It doesn’t matter who was here first. I’m not wanted here anymore… you are… What changed? 2 days ago you didn’t want me to touch you. Now you want me to stay?’ He asked, lifting me into his lap. I curled into him, just like I used to.

‘I was scared… hold on. 2 days? I’ve been asleep for 2 days?’ I asked. He nodded.
‘Why?’

‘You lost a fair bit of blood. Your body needed to regenerate. And when you feel up to it, you have to feed. Not the synthetic blood they’ve been giving you, real blood.’ I could hear the regret in his voice. Obviously he still remembered how I was when I first fed. It was all too much and I wanted more. He had to pry me off the body of a helpless woman. After that, I couldn’t sit still. No-one could hold me. No-one could stand me.

‘I can’t do that. You know I can’t.’ I said, breathing a little heavier. Gerard placed his hand on the back of my head. It was still a little sore. He untied the bandage, throwing it on the floor.

‘You need your strength, baby. If you don’t, you’ll die. Maybe not now but next time you bleed. The synthetic blood isn’t doing enough.’ He said.

‘All I’ve ever had is synthetic blood. A change now would be difficult.’ I said.

‘It doesn’t matter. We’ll deal with consequences when they come. Till then, you need something real.’ He said, swinging his legs over the edge of the bed. Since I was still I his lap, I went with him. Not that I really had a choice in the matter.
I sighed and let him take me. He put me back on the ground and took my hand, leading me out of my room.
Everyone was around the wooden table. Everyone but Nic. I didn’t want another fight with everyone but it was unavoidable. To get to the outside, we had to pass through there. I kept my head down in an attempt to get passed unnoticed.

‘Frank!’ Someone roared. It was either Bob or Ray. They sounded the same when they were angry. I looked up to see Ray storming towards us. He grabbed my wrist and ripped me away from Gerard. I staggered a bit, almost falling.
‘What the fuck are you doing with him?!’ He yelled in my face. I cringed back as I tried to pull my arm from his grip. I hated so much being weak. I couldn’t get away from anyone.

‘Let me go.’ I said firmly.

‘So you can go ruin yourself? No. Go back to your room.’

‘Gerard.’ I looked up at him with pleading eyes.

‘Ray. Please. I’m not going to hurt him. I’m trying to help.’ Gerard said, gently taking my hand and squeezing it.

‘No. I won’t let you take him. Just leave, Gerard. You’ve done enough damage.’ Ray said, pulling me towards him. This time, I did fall. I hit my head on the cold pavement.
‘Shit!’
Again, I felt the blood rush out of my head, dripping down onto the floor. Everyone gasped at the sight.

‘Come here.’ Gerard said, gripping me. He rolled up his sleeve and put his wrist to my lips.
‘Drink, baby. Quick.’ He said. I did as he said, biting down on his flesh. His blood rushed into my mouth, sliding down my throat.

‘Gerard! Your blood is poisonous!’ I heard Mikey yell. He was by my side in a flash. He didn’t pull me away though. He just held my hand.

‘Not to him. I never told you the truth of how he was created.’ Gerard said calmly. I kept drinking till I felt somewhat full. I left his wrist go.

‘What do you mean?’ Mikey asked. I looked up at him, he looked confused.

‘Frank’s special. When I bit him, he bit me. My blood is in his veins, as much as his is in mine. My blood should have killed him 20 years ago, but it didn’t. It saved him.’ Gerard explained. I barely remembered that night. All I really remembered was the pain in my neck and blood. A lot of it.

‘I don’t get it.’ Mikey said.

‘If he didn’t bite me, he would have died. The severity of his injuries were too much for me to heal. This is why he’s so special to me.’ Gerard said, lifting my limp body into his arms. He sat with his back pressed against the stone wall and my body between his legs. My back resting against his bent leg and my body pressed into his. My head wasn't bleeding anymore. Gerard's blood had closed the wound for me.

‘That makes Frank…’ Mikey started.

‘My soul mate. I know. I’ve already spoken to Damien and Star.’

‘Who are they?’ I asked.

‘The head vampires of New Jersey. Every state has one or 2.’ He said, brushing the hair from my face. I nodded slowly.
‘Look. I understand if you all hate me. I should have explained why I left but I thought if I made a clean break, you’d get over it. I never meant to hurt anyone, especially you, Frankie.’ I curled closer to him, breathing in his unique scent. Cigarettes, coffee and a sweet smell that I couldn’t put my finger on. I’d always wondered if Gerard could taste the smoke. I’d never asked and I’d never tried. I smoked when I was human but not in my afterlife.

‘We don’t hate you, Gee… It’s just… if you leave again, what’s gonna happen to Frank? Just look at him.’ Lara said, pointing at me. I curled closer to him, if he was leaving then, as far as I was concerned, so was I.

‘If he still wants me, I’ll stay…. If that’s alright with you guys.’ He looked around at everyone. From the people I could see, they nodded. He then looked down at me, asking me with his eyes. His bright hazel eyes.

‘You’re not getting away from me again.’ I whispered. He pulled me into a hug, gripping me a little too tight. I felt a few ribs crack as he squeezed me. He let go once he felt them and pushed me away a little.

‘I’m sorry. I’m sorry.’ He whispered.

‘Don’t worry, bones crack.’ I said, sliding closer again.

‘Gerard, you have to see Damien. I-I… I think I know what’s happening.’ Bob finally spoke, edging closer.
‘I can hear a heartbeat.’
Everyone stopped moving, listening closer. I could hear a faint beating from somewhere close. Everyone turned to look at me. All sharing the same look, shock. The beating was coming from me. Gerard laid his hand over my chest.

‘How?... It doesn’t make sense!’ He said, tears streaking down his face.
‘Mikey, you need to look. You need to tell me what to do.’ Gerard said desperately, clutching me against his chest. Mikey didn’t say anything. He just stood there, staring at the wall.
‘Mikey!’ Gerard yelled. Mikey shook his head and looked down at us.

‘You need to go see a girl. Her name is Rose. She can help.’ He said, taking my hand and pulling me to my feet. Gerard followed suit and took my hand from Mikey’s.
He gave us the details of where to find Rose and sent us off. As we walked through the tunnels, we earned strange looks. Some of shock, some of disgust. I guessed no-one expected to see Gerard again. And some still hated me.

‘We’ll fix this, baby. I promise.’ Gerard said as we exited the Underground. The sun was due to rise, making this much more dangerous than it should have been.
Gerard flung me on his back and began to run. I closed my eyes. Not having run in such a long time had made the experience worse. I felt a little queasy and I didn’t like it. The air passing helped cool me down a little.
‘Open your eyes, baby.’ Gerard said after about 10 minutes of running. He helped me slide off his back and took my hand again as we walked up a driveway.
He knocked on the door and we waited.

I have nothing to say now xD
Sign up to rate and review this story