Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > New Friends Are Golden

Chapter 1

by xPrettyInPunkx 4 reviews

Riley meets a new friend!

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Humor - Published: 2010-01-18 - Updated: 2010-01-18 - 531 words

1Funny
I hope you guys like this. Originally, I was going to update the this as a whole, but I decided that I should update a little at a time instead. And thanks for all the reviews!

“Mommy, when are we going to see daddy again?” Riley asked her mom.

“Honey, sweetie,” She said crouching down to Riley’s eye level and holding her face gently, “we’re not going to see daddy again.”

“Never?” Riley asked as the words played in her head over and over again, and tears started to form.

“No.” Her mom said, hating to see her daughter on the verge of tears.

“Why?” Riley asked raising her voice a little, tightening the grip she had on her favorite stuffed bear.

“Riles…” She said trying to calm her daughter down a bit.

“Why!” Riley screamed at the top of her lungs, not even waiting for a reply and running out the open sliding glass doors that led to the backyard. She ran past where their backyard ended and headed towards the lake that was right behind the house. Riley clutched her stuffed bear close to her chest, slowing to a walk alongside the edge of the lake. She walked what couldn’t have been more than two houses over and sat under a big tree. Tears were falling from her face and she squeezed her eyes shut.

“Hey!” A voice said. Riley sniffled and looked around to see who it was, but she saw no one. “Up here!” The voice said again, Riley looked up and noticed that there was a boy sitting in a tree house. “C’mon up” he said and then disappeared into the tree house. Riley looked to her left and noticed a rope ladder. She went up the ladder, teddy bear in tow. Once she got up she sat on the floor of the tree house against one of the walls.

“Hey,” The boy said, “why so sad?” Riley just shrugged. “Okay, so what’s your name?” The boy asked.

“Riley.” She whispered. The boy smiled, happy that she was talking.

“Pretty name, what about your bear? Does he have a name?”

“Patrick.” She said and the boy laughed. She scrunched up her face, “What?”

“That’s my name too.” He said and she started giggling too. “So what’re you doing here? I don’t think I’ve seen you around before.”

“I just moved here.” Riley said.

“Where are you from?” Patrick asked curiously.

“Florida.”

“Wow, that’s pretty far. How old are you?” Patrick asked, he didn’t mean for it to sound like 20 questions. He was just really curious about his new found friend and wasn’t afraid to ask.

“5.” She said, “How old are you?”

“9.”

Riley laughed. “You’re old.”

“I'm only four years older than you, you know.” Patrick said and couldn’t help from laughing at the 5 year old.

“Still old.” She said.

“Whatever.” Patrick rolled his eyes and smiled. “Do you like milk and cookies?”

Riley smiled and Patrick took that as a yeas. So, the two of them climbed out of the tree house and went into Patrick’s house for milk and cookies.
Sign up to rate and review this story