Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Breaking Ties

Have to be Together

by brynn_parker 0 reviews

...

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Inuyasha, Kagome, Miroku, Sango - Published: 2006-04-17 - Updated: 2006-04-17 - 1131 words

0Unrated
Chapter 6: Have to be Together

By: Brynn Parker

----

"Hello?"

I could tell it was Sota. "Hey, Sota?" I said, not wasting time by saying who it was. He should be able to tell. "Has Inuyasha been to our time since I left?"

"I don't think so..." he said, "You know I'm not home as often as I used to be; I've got sports now and..."

"Well then, can I talk to mom?" I said irritably. Of course Sota wouldn't know...he still idolized Inuyasha, but he was growing up and was getting into sports and other school things. I waited for a minute, tapping my foot impatiently, before he got the phone to my mom.

"Hello?"

"Mom!" I said, "Has Inuyasha been to our time lately?"

She took a deep breath before telling me: "No, Kagome, he hasn't."

Then he might not be able to get through...my dream had been true. I lowered my voice and shut my eyes, biting my lip. "Mom...I think something terrible might be happening to Inuyasha...and I just have to get home."

"What about your classes?" she asked. I knew that she cared about Inuyasha, but also was very concerned about me going to my classes and getting through college. I sighed.

"It's my fault he's like this, mom," I said finally, "I have to get back to him. I think I really messed up."

"You were only going on with your life," she said, "You gave him the chance to come with you and he chose not to."

"But I was acting like a little kid, mom," I said, "I didn't have to have a tantrum like I did...I should have known that he would be obligated to stay with the villagers..." I paused, clenching a fist, "And Kikyo."

"I never knew what really happened between you two the last time you were here," she said after a moment, "But you should do what you feel needs to be done."

"Thanks mom," I said, smiling. If she'd have been in the room, I would have hugged her. "I'll see you in a few days."

"I love you," she said.

"Love you too."

I hung up and looked over at the pictures of Inuyasha on my bedside table. I was going to see him again...and maybe this time I could get him to come with me.

If my dreams were true, I knew he would.

----

I decided I would leave on the following Thursday. It was a little too long away for my liking, since it was just a Monday, but my mom wouldn't allow me to miss too many classes, and I didn't know if I could get a plane before that. After my classes that Monday, Steve called, and Tiva had to make me answer the phone.

I really did not want to do this.

"Hello?" I said, picking up the phone.

"Kagome? It's Steve."

"Hey Steve," I said uncomfortably.

"Do you want to go out again this weekend?"

I groaned. I had known this was coming. "Steve," I took a deep breath, "I'm going to be in Japan this weekend."

"Are you alright?" he asked. He sounded genuinely concerned.

Why did he have to be so nice? It was always easier to turn someone down when you were mad at them...

"I had a nightmare about Inuyasha," I blurted out.

"Oh, smooth Kagome," Tiva said from the other side of the room, frowning at me.

Steve seemed to agree with her. He was quiet for a really long time, and I thought he might have hung up, but soon he spoke again. "Will we ever be able to go out again?" he asked me. Oh...he couldn't be that attached to me yet! There were plenty of girls that would go out with him, and he just had to choose me?

I wanted to tell him he was being dramatic, but I calmly told him that I didn't know instead. We hung up about a minute later, after the conversation got very, very uncomfortable.

"So?" Tiva said, sitting down on her bed across from me.

"So what?" I said, collapsing back onto my pillow, a little annoyed. "I don't know why he's so upset...I've only seen him twice in my whole life, and there are probably plenty of other, prettier girls that he could go out with."

"Kagome, you are so dumb," Tiva said, "There was definitely chemistry between you and Steve..." She smiled. "But I guess I haven't ever seen you and Inuyasha together."

"Oh, boys just have a habit of being obsessed with me," I said, remembering Hojo. Inuyasha had been so jealous...I wondered what he would think of Steve.

She laughed, even though I was completely serious and annoyed. "You have no idea how lucky you are," she said, laughing at me, "Now I think you should get some sleep so you can dream about Inuyasha."

I smiled...so I could dream about Inuyasha...maybe just a little nap before I booked those tickets...

----

Here I was again, in the Goshinboku. It was raining, and Inuyasha's silver hair glistened as he stood by the well, soaking wet and holding a bright, pink necklace in his hands.

I would have jumped if I hadn't been a tree when Inuyasha turned around; his eyes were red with teal centers, and his fangs glistened menacingly as Sango and Miroku rushed past me, halting before they reached Inuyasha.

The necklace in his hands was the Shikon Jewel.

"Inuyasha...calm down..." Sango said as Inuyasha started to growl at she and Miroku. She turned towards the monk and lowered her voice. "What's done this to him?"

"Kagome's absence and his inability to get through the well has...well...I think it's driven him to insanity...and it this point..."

I knew what he had neglected to say; it was almost too hard to even think of it.

Inuyasha was going to wish to be turned into a full demon.

Sango and Miroku suddenly advanced on him and he growled, jumping into the boughs of the Goshinboku. I could feel his feet against the tree's branches, and his strangled voice suddenly burst out from above me. "I don't want to hurt you!"

"Let us help you!" Sango yelled up at him, "Let me just tranquilize you and we can get you back to normal!"

He jumped farther away from them and then had a quick change back to sanity again. "I wish..."

A loud roar echoed around the forest from Inuyasha and I shuddered. What had this done to him...was I really that important?

"I wish...to be..."

Sango and Miroku held their breath, looking up at him.

"I wish...to be...I WISH TO BE WITH KAGOME!"
Sign up to rate and review this story