Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Darling, I want to destroy you

Chapter Two

by Virginia_Madison 3 reviews

This is a true story, just using MCR as the characters.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2010-02-03 - Updated: 2010-02-04 - 1041 words - Complete

1Original
‘I’m sorry we got rudely interrupted, but that was Gerard. He is one of our longest standing members of the reception team. His been here for five years now, and I’m sure he will constantly remind you of that fact.’ Ray smirked to himself and leaned back in chair. ‘So you were going to tell me a little bit about yourself.’

I was hoping the colour was slowly coming back to my face as I started to tell Ray about my employment history and a few things about what I like to do in my personal time. After a good 10 minutes of hearing my own voice Ray finally stood up from his chair.

‘You have quite a colourful history Virginia. I am glad to have you aboard. Remember that if you ever need to chat my door is always open. Otherwise I think its time for you to go home now.’ I stood up shook his hand and made my way out the door. I wandered back into the lobby relieved to see that Gerard was no where in sight. I saw Tina behind the desk.

‘Oh Gina.’ Oh she just did not call me that. ‘Gina, we got the early start tomorrow, if you want I’ll meet you in the car park in the morning. I have the silver car.’ I nodded and headed towards the exit. I can’t believe she called me Gina. Tina has now officially made it on my list to kill. As soon as I exited the hotel I searched through my bag for a much needed cigarette. I successfully found one and soon the wonderful nicotine was hitting my lungs. Fuck I needed that.

I slowly start making my way to my car. I was thinking about the incident in the GM’s office. I don’t think I have ever met anyone as scary as Gerard. He sounded so mean and everything about him just oozed anger. I was kind of grateful that I didn’t have him training me. I don’t think I would of survived the first 5 minutes, if he has a temper like that.

I had nearly reached my car when I heard the sound of the booming voice I wanted to runaway from. There he was in the car park with a chef, complaining at the top of his lungs about the same thing he went to see Ray about. He was holding a cigarette and kept waving it towards the chef as he continued to talk. I had an image of the cigarette going into the chefs eye if he kept waving his arm around the way he was. I was nearly in the safety and comfort of my car when his eyes locked with mine.

I quickly ducked my head down and all of a sudden became extremely interested in the concrete. I fumbled around in my handbag looking for my keys. Where the hell are my freaking keys?? I want to get out of here now.

‘Ha ha’ I said a little to loudly when I fished the keys out of my bag. Both Gerard and the chef looked at me with puzzled looks on their faces while I stood there holding my keys in the air. I knew the colour was definitely back in my face, as I could feel my cheeks getting hotter and hotter as they got brighter and brighter from embarrassment.

I quickly jumped into my vehicle turned on the ignition. I put the car into reverse and was about to release the handbrake when there was a knock on my window. I jumped in my seat and nearly hit my head on the roof of the car. I turned around to see Gerard laughing at me. I cautiously put my window down a little bit. He stopped giggling and crouched down to the crack I had opened. ‘I thought you’d like to know that one of your brake lights isn’t working. You might want to get that fixed.’

Was he being serious? Was he actually being nice? ‘Uh um thanks. I didn’t know.’

‘It’s okay. Your drive safe now’ and he tapped the roof my car as if to let me know it was okay to leave.

I reversed and made my way out of the parking lot. My mind was a buzz with what the hell that was all about.


I got home and slipped out of my business clothes and jumped straight into the shower. As the hot water cleansed my body my thoughts would go back to angry Gerard, then kind Gerard. It was almost as though he had split personality’s.

‘Meoooooowwwwww’ My two baby girls had made their way into the bathroom. Since I live on my own I have never seen a reason to close the bathroom door. Venom had made her way onto the shower ledge and was staring at me waiting for my to switch the water off and Shenanigans was sitting on the bath mat outside the shower. They had crowded me today because I had forgotten to feed them. Usually I feed them first before doing anything else, but today I had a good excuse not to be in focus.

Even though he truly scared the living shit out of me, there was something about him that kept him entertaining my thoughts. Maybe it was the fact that he was just so mean that made me attracted to him. But that’s just ridiculous, why would I want to know him if he was such an angry person?

I stepped out of the shower and fed the girls. I end up on the couch on a started flicking through the channels when my phone went off. It was my Mum. She called me every night to check on her little girl. I didn’t really see her as my Mum, she was more like my best friend. Which is kind of unusual, because if we went back to my teenage years my Mum was my own worst enemy.

‘So how was your first day?’

‘Someone called me Gina.’

‘Let me go get a coffee, I can tell this is going to be interesting.’
Sign up to rate and review this story