Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > The Panic Pact

Chapter 3:Miranda's POV

by GlitterOnTheFloor 2 reviews

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2010-02-05 - Updated: 2010-02-05 - 960 words

0Unrated
So, I’m sitting in Denny’s at around midnight, across the table from Ryan Ross, beside Marissa, and diagonal from Spencer Smith. I haven’t touched my food, my hands are shaking under the table, but nobody’s noticed. And there are a few questions on my mind.

How is everybody getting so cozy to their guy’s so fast?

Why haven’t I said more than three words yet?

And finally, did Marissa trip on purpose?

Regardless, there’s work to be done and I have to focus on what’s in front of me. But it’s hard, when I’m barely tapped into the conversation. My mind keeps wandering…searching for something safe to think in this kind of situation.

Why was I so damn nervous?!


There isn’t even anything to be worried about. Everybody else is so comfortable, so why shouldn’t I be? It wasn’t even the fact that I was in the same restaurant as four famous people. It was mostly the lingering thought in the back of my mind. The Pact we made days ago during our lunch period. Why I’d agreed to such a thing. That’s not me. That’s not who I am! That’s not who any of us are. So why did we do it?

Who knows why we do anything?

Marissa started to laugh uncontrollably, and I shook my head. Shaking the thoughts away. Obviously Spencer'd made a joke. Everyone was laughing but me. I tried to laugh along quietly, but I might as well not have tried at all, because nobody heard.

"Miranda? Are you gonna eat your food?" Marissa elbowed me in the side. I put my hand over that part of my stomach. I was starving, but for some reason I didn't have an appetite. I shook my head, and she leaned in closer to me. "Why haven't you said anything the hwole time we've been here? I know you haven't forgotten the pact already...." she warned.

I shook my head quickly. "No, I didn't forget. I'm just not huungry...that's it. I don't know what's wrong with me...maybe I'm sick" I shrugged. she looked at me quizzically for a moment, but eventually turned back to Spencer. By then, they had been looking at us pretty strangely. I picked up my fork and pushed my food around on the plate.

It didn't take me long to notice Ryan watching me do this.

"Are you gonna eat that?" he asked. I put my fork down on the plate and shrugged my shoulders.

"Probably not. Did you want it?" I asked.

"Only if you're sure that you don't." he said. I pushed my plate across the table towards him. Hesitantly, he started eating it, and I watched.

My eyes drifted to the next booth, the one in front of ours, where Katie, Ivy, Jon, and Brendon were. Ivy and Brendon were practically falling across the table towards each other, and Katie and Jon were having their own little conversation. I sighed.

Everything seemed to be going so well for everyone else! My problem is, what if I start getting to know Ryan and he's not who I thought he would be? What if I start liking somebody else more? It's this whole complicated domino effect things that's going on inside my head. And then I can hear my stomach growl a little bit.

I snap back to reality once again to see Ryan dangling a forkful of chicken in front of my face. He smiles as I reach out and wrap my mouth around the chicken. I lean back and begin to chew, and he slides the plate back towards me.

"I knew you were hungry. I could hear your stomach all the way over here." he said as I took another big bite from my plate. Marissa nudged me in the stomach again, and when I looked, for a split second, she winked.

*

"You guys! You guys it's like....it's three in the morning" Brendon said from the other booth. Marissa grabbed Spencer's wrist and looked at his watch. She nodded. Brendon sounded a little distraught and tired. He'd probably had too many sodas, and his sugar buzz was long gone.

"He's right. It is getting really late" Jon added. "Did you guys wanna go anywhere else? Do you need us to drop you off or something?"

"We left our car back in the parking lot..." Marissa said. "And our houses are pretty far away from here. I don't think any of us are in any shape to drive home. We're all really tired."

"So what are you suggesting?" Ivy asked her.

"I'm saying we should probably get a hotel somewhere or something..." she shrugged, smirking a little.

"But we don't have the money for that!" Katie added with fake concern.

"...We'll figure something out when we get back to the car." I shrugged. Marissa, Ivy, and Katie all looked at me like I was insane. "Or maybe not" I mumbled so nobody could hear.

"You could stay at the same hotel as us if you want. If you don't have enough money, we could pitch in or something. No big deal. I wouldn't want any of you hurt because we didn't stop you from driving at three in the morning or something..." Spencer said. He smiled at Marissa, and she smiled back.

Ugh.

"Okay, sounds great! And we can just get the car in the morning!" Ivy cheered. Marissa and her exchanged smiles.

"Awesome! Now can we go? I'm getting a huge headache..." Brendon whined.

"Probably from all that sugar" Ivy nudged him.

"But it was sooooooo good!" he protested, as we all stood up and exited the restaurant.
Sign up to rate and review this story