Categories > Cartoons > American Dragon: Jake Long > It's Time...

It's Time...

by danikarules14 1 review

Jake Long is confronted by a mysterious ghost who reminds him that its time. Time for what? what must Jake do to discover a secret that could change his life and possibly affect his status as the A...

Category: American Dragon: Jake Long - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2010-02-26 - Updated: 2010-02-27 - 1827 words - Complete

0Unrated
This story is brought to you by AllyMcFally and Danikarules14!! Lets get this party started!!

Please note, this is our first ADJL fanfic so I would really enjoy it if u went easy on the criticisms. Rose won't really show up in any of our fanfics jsyk. I dont really know slang or how jake would think so plz dont press the matter that he doesn't sound like the real Jake Long. Also, our stories will NOT be relevent to a lot of events in the television series, we try to keep it original, but there will be a lot of facts and some relevant points (relatively). Jake is 14 years old and its summer vacation btw, July to be exact (its relevant), I will greatly appreciate ideas for future stories. We hope you guys dont mind new characters (I don't know fanfic slang so bear with me ;D) Plz enjoy!! and RxR

It was 7:30 am saturday morning when Jake Long found himself rushing through the busy streets of New York. He finally found himself at his grandfathers shop.

Jakes POV

I ran into gramps' shop as the clock struck 8, I was late, and I was gonna hear from it. The shop was littered with people and as I walked in I was ambushed with undistinct questions, cires and pleas. there were too many to focus on just one. I tried to ignore them, some just stood there, piercing me with their icy stares. This didnt bug me anymore, I knew who they were, ive seen them everyday for the past few months now. Gramps walks into the front room of the shop.

"Jake, thank goodness you're here. There is a group of hobgoblins running loose in central park, you must round them up before they start bugging the humans. Then we'll start your training."

"Alright, gramps."

Just then a young woman yells at me, "You have to listen to us sooner or later you know? You can't keep ignoring us!"

"Ill deal with it when I have time." I replied to her cooly, big mistake. I looked to see if gramps had noticed me talking to her. If you may not have figured already, I can see ghosts. Yes, like Jennifer Love Hewitt. Gramps looked at me oddly and gives me a quizzical look,

"Young dragon, you can't be putting off your duties. You have time right now and you have your duties right now, I suggest you see too them." He lectured calmly

"Sorry gramps, I have headache." This was directed at the group of relentless spirits.

I started seeing ghosts not long after I got my dragon powers, they have been alright but lately there have been more joining the group. I have tried to get them to cross over or something but they won't listen. I guess thats all a load, thanks alot Jenn!

As I turned to leave I felt a huge pressure on my head, soon something threw me down on the ground and I blacked out before I had any idea what was happening, but not before I saw Trixie and Spud entering the shop.

.......

I was stuck floating somewhere, not in water but like in some kind of jello (which reminded me I was really hungry and havent eaten this morning.), I was standing on what could have easily been described as a water bed, that had a storm inside.Soon I see a woman (or young girl) walking towards me, she had long flowing blue hair, a really long formal dress and claws that looked unmistakably like mine... a dragons. (a/n yes, I am describing the water dragon from the game Jade Empire) She walks up to me and stares into my face.

"You know the time has come... you know what you must do." she said softly with her angelic voice.

"I dont get what you're saying! what do I have to do?!" I exclaimed. I actually knew what she was talking about, but I didnt. I knew the time had arrived, I was well aware. I didnt know though, what had arrived and what it meant I was suppose to do.

"You know exactly what you must do. I will make sure you do it before its too late and theres no hope."

Before I could say anything else, i smelled something in the air,er,jello. It smelled like... really good. I had no idea what it was but I didnt mind. Before I knew it I was falling, upwards? I started to scream as I shot towards a well known face, my friend Trixies. I shot up into a sitting position smacking foreheads with Spud who was sitting above me, probably making sure I wasn't dead. We both let out cries of pain, and shock.

"JAKIE!!" Trixie yelled shaking me, "What just happened?! Are you OK?!"

"Uh..." I moaned while rubbing my head and Spud his "... Ya, I'm fine."

"What happened?" She repeated worriedly

"I didn't sleep well last night and I havent eaten this morning so I guess I got a bit light headed, ya know?" I explained to her, at least half of his explanation was true.

I got up quickly and looked around the room. The mysterious crowd had diminished in size there were only about six or seven of them now. As I scanned the faces of all the beings in the room (living and dead) I noticed something I havent seen before, well someone,they were sitting across the room on the green sofa that furnished my grandpa's shop and they were watching me, it didnt take me long to realize that my group of ghostly friends hadnt really changed
except for her, I didnt even have to look at her face. I only saw her blue smoky claws and I passed out once again.

Jakes Pov

I woke up to three ghosts chatting loudly next to my head, I was on the couch and Trixie and Spud were sitting on the floor playing video games. Gramps was drinking tea behind the front desk and Foo was sitting at the foot of the couch reading the paper. Fu was the only one who knew that I could see ghosts, he caught me talking to one a few weeks after I first got my dragon powers and I made him swear not to tell. Turns out dogs are sensitive to ghosts, Foo can
only smell them and sometimes hear them talk, I could see, hear and smell them and theyre not a blooming bunch of lilacs so I always know when theyre around. I sat up and looked for the woman and realize that she was sitting in the very spot im in now, this sent shivers through my spine as I let out a small moan.

Fu notices I'm awake and turns to me, "They're pretty loud, huh?" meaning the ghosts, I nodded. Spud yelled over his shoulder to the dog "I didnt think we were that bad!". Trixie smacked him hard on the shoulder, "Shut up Spud, your gonna wake up Jakie!"

I turned to them "Too, late." The ghosts looked at me for a moment and continued chatting. I stood up and noticed that I was very weak, extremely weak! I sat back down. All of a sudden, the air in the room shifted to a whole new level, I could tell that Gramps felt it too and looked over at me anxiously. Without warning something grabbed my ankle and started dragging me off the couch and soon across the room on my back. Ten ghosts suddenly appeared all around the
room and started yelling angrily,

Go now, leave! Before its too late! Run Jake run! Hurry!!

Terrified, I screamed, "GRANPA!!"

He was by my side in not even a second (we dragons have very fast relflexes) and I soon found myself in a tug of war between some...Thing and my grandpa who was now in dragon form. Trixie and Spud ran over and started to help pull me back, nothing was working. Gramps, Trixie, Spud, Fu now and I were quickly being dragged towards the front door. suddenly the door sprang open almost causing the glass to shatter and I soon find myself at the threshold of the shop. The pulling stopped and I found myself wrapped in my grandfathers dragon arms.

Gramps' POV

I heard the thud of my grandson's body hitting the floor from across the room, I looked up to see him being dragged past me by nothing! No one was there but whatever it was was scaring the wisdom balls (Chinese?) out of my grandson.

"GRANDPA!!" I quickly transformed and lept over the desk, I grabbed him under both arms and started pulling him back, what ever it was was a lot stronger than I anticipated so I pull harder. I wasn't strong enough to even slow it down! I knew that if I pulled harder I would probably injure Jake more than if I let him go, which I was NOT about to let happen. Suddenly, the door to the shop flew open.

Jake, still screaming was trying to grab onto the doorjamb when he suddenly lurched back. We flew across the room from the sudden release, in to time flat, I jumped up and collected a terrified Jake, he wasn't screaming anymore. I comforted him as he sat there shocked out of his mind until he came to.

Jake's POV

I soon got my senses and looked around, my grandpa was scared out of his scales (they were literally white!), Trixie and Spud were still shaking and white also, they had had more time to recover so they had stopped screaming. Fu was shaking too and was looking at me with saucer eyes, next to him was the woman I saw in my... vision. She looked at me defeated, she shook her head disapointingly. She walked over and leaned in, she was close enough so that Fu would not be able to hear her and whispered into my ear,

"It's time now Jake, you can make this easy or you can make this hard. The easy way would be you getting up and leaving right now with me. The hard way would be me dragging you there, and its a very long ways away. Your choice." her voice was cool and calm, she didnt smell bad like the others (who had disappeared) but she didnt smell great. I looked up into her brilliant, blue smoky face and hoarsly whispered to her,"Easy", contented she stood up, and happily said "Ill be back in an hour. Have your bag ready, be prepared for a long journey. You may bring your commrades and master with you if you wish." and she was gone.

I broke free of my grandfathers hold and stood shakily. I turned around to grandpa and my friends and nervously said

"I have something to tell you guys."
Sign up to rate and review this story