Categories > Celebrities > Linkin Park > I'm Just One Step Closer To The Edge

Realization

by Parawhore998 0 reviews

Review

Category: Linkin Park - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2010-03-16 - Updated: 2010-03-16 - 2917 words

0Unrated
Stephanie

"We have to break up" I said. "What?" Tyson sounded surprised, "We barely spend time together" "I know, I'm sorry" I apologized. "Why?" "Because I feel like it's not gonna work" I said truthfully. "We haven't even tried yet" "Tyson, trust me. It's better off this way"

"Okay I'll believe you. We can still be friends?" "Of course" I said almost immediately. "Okay that's good, I'd like to really know you" he hung up. "Broke up?" Lena came in the bus. "Yeah, and he's not mad. At least he didn't sound mad" "All you need to do now is tell Bran how you feel"

"Oh hell no" I shook my head. "Why not? Don't you want him?" she raised her eyebrows. "I do but... He doesn't feel the same way" I bit my lips. "Just try, you may never know what will happen" "I'm scared" I confessed. "Don't be. Everything will turn out alright. I promise"

"Hey, can anyone help me zip this up?" Lacey came in with a black dress. Lena walked over to her and zipped the dress up. "Stephanie, your not dressed up. How come?" tonight is the party for the end of the tour. We played our last show tonight and going home tomorrow. 

"I don't feel like going" I sighed. "No, Steph please go. You know your going to have fun" Lena begged. "I can't. I feel like a monster. I used Tyson and I don't deserve Brandan" I yelled. "You like Brandan?" Lacey shouted. "No, Stephanie doesn't like Brandan" Lena said with heavy sarcasm. "Stephanie, you deserve Brandan. No matter what you did. You guys are meant for each other. He just doesn't know it yet" Lacey said down beside me.

"Why is everyone being so nice to me? I've been so selfish" "No, you did this for love. Love makes people do anything they don't want to do. You know using Tyson is wrong but you did it because you love Brandan. That's means you deserve him" Lena explained. I let out a sigh. "Just go to the party" Lacey said, getting up.

I nodded. Maybe sparks will fly. Who knows? "We have to get you ready fast" Lena took a red strapless dress from my bag, throwing it at me. "Go girl!" she yelled, pushing me into the bathroom. I changed into the dress and tied my hair into a high ponytail. Lena and Lacey pushed me back into the bathroom when I opened the door. 

They sat me down and put makeup on me. Why are they working so hard to give me what I want? I really don't deserve this. I've been a bitch. I kept secrets from Lena and she still wants me to be happy no matter what. Lacey barely even knew me. She knows what I did but she's still willing to help me. That's what I don't get. 

"You look gorgeous" Lena said, turning me to the mirror. "I do?" I looked in the mirror. "I like it" I nodded. "Perfect, get your shoes and bag, we have to go now" Lena pushed me out of the bathroom. I grabbed my red pumps and purse. Lena put a blue hat on to match her blue dress.

We both followed Lacey out of our tour bus. I can't believe the guys are already done. They are probably waiting in the ballroom right now. Poor guys. "Hey Jade!" Lacey called out. I turned my head. Jade was sitting on the step of her tour bus, clipping the black hat in her hair to match her dress. 

"You look gorgeous girl" I shouted. She mumbled a thanks. She almost rolled her eyes. I didn't find that surprising. What I found surprising was that she didn't. We waited for Jade before walking into the hotel. The guys were already there. Jacob waved at me the moment we walked in. "Hi" I walked over to him. 

I looked at my surroundings. The ballroom is beautiful. It's decorated just for this party. The tour has been amazing. I would never forget this tour experience. Even though a lot have been going on in my love life, tour life was great. "Hey Stephanie, who you looking pretty for?" I turned around. Chester walked over to me in a white tux. I shrugged. "Tyson's coming?" I quickly shook my head.

"Who you dressing up for?" he asked. "Let's talk about you. Have you talked to Jade yet?" I asked. "No" he shook his head. "I haven't seen you talk to her lately. Your not even trying. What's stopping you?" I asked. "She obviously doesn't want me. I'm not going to bother her. She's not worth it"

"You cannot believe that" he stared at me blankly. "Chester. Look at Jade" he did what he was told. His eyes widened when he saw her dressed up. "Why do you think she's dressed up?" I asked. "I have no idea" "Have you ever thought about how she feel about you?" I asked. He nodded, "She feels hatred towards me" 

"No, have you ever thought how lonely she felt when you don't bother her?" "How can you tell?" he stared at me like I have two heads. "I just could. When she sits in the corner she always looks at you from the corner of her eyes. Then she would just sigh and roll her eyes" I explained.

"What's your point?" he asked. "She likes it when you bother her. She enjoys brushing you off. She may act like she doesn't want to be bothered but deep inside she does" I said, "she wants attention deep inside. She wants someone to love her. Someone to care. You see how bitter she is? Obviously someone have hurt her in the past. Do something ahout it. Prove to her that your different"

"I can't. I don't believe you" he shook in his head. "Then why was I wasting my time telling you shit?" I asked. "Because you are trying to gain my confidence and it's not working" he muttered and stormed off. I let out a groan. I told him what I think but he wouldn't even consider it. That's his loss then. I held my breath and looked over at Brandan. Our eyes met for a second before he quickly turned away.

This sucks. He won't even lay his eyes on me. Maybe the best thing to do is to let it go. He doesn't want me. I don't want friendship. I just want him. But I know that's not going to happen now. That bitter look he gives me every time he sees me. What did I do? Wait, was that even a question? I used Tyson to make Brandan jealous. Where has that brought me? No where. Two steps back from where I started.

Brandan

"Dude, just talk to her" Robbie nudged me. "She has a boyfriend, I don't think it's worth trying" I whispered. "You may never know. Just talk to her, tell her how you feel. She might reconsider" Robbie patted my back and walked away. I looked over at her. She sat in the corner, playing with her nails. "Hey Brandan" Jade walked beside me.

"Whats up?" I turned to her. "I don't know. This party is gay" she scoffed. "Agreed" I muttered. "Just talk to her, stop being a pussy. Your not gonna die from talking to her" she said, smirking. "Hey how about you?" "What about me?" she stared at me. "Where's your prince charming?" 

"I don't know who he is" Jade sighed. "What do you mean?" "Can you keep a secret?" she asked. I nodded. She gave me a weak smile. Whatever has gotten into her. She smiles, she laughs, she's softer now. I like this Jade. "The first night at the hotel" she started. I remembered that night. It was terrible. I let Stephanie go to someone else. 

"Remember I took a walk?" she asked. I nodded. "Some guy stopped me from getting raped. He gave me this jacket" she pointed at the black jacket she wore over her black dress. "That looks like Chester's jacket" I pointed out. "No he has the same jacket. I still see him wear it" she defended.

"Oh" "I don't know who he is but I know he is the one for me. I know I sound stupid but I'm serious" she looked serious too. Whoever this guy is, god bless him. Jade never felt like this since Steven. "How do you know he's the one?" "First he saved me from the rapist. Then he kissed me. I felt sparks" she smiled a bit. 

"Jade, I'm sorry you don't know who the guy is. I'd love to help you. I'm so happy that you finally know about love" I patted her shoulders. "I just like that guy. I don't know where to find him. It's been bothering me for so long. I don't know what to do anymore" she sighed. "Just keep hoping. You will find him one day"

Jade

"So today is the last day" I said. "Yep. We are going home tomorrow. We are going to start writing for our debut album" Brandan said. "Oh" I don't know why I was so sad. What was I missing? The mystery guy? I have to find out. Why did my heart sink when I tell myself tonight is the last night with the bands.

"Don't worry you will find your guy" Brandan told me. "One day" I muttered. Something was bothering me. What was I missing? I looked around me. Something certainly was. Stephanie sat there staring at her fingers. Mike, Robbie, Rob, Phoenix, Joe, Andy, and Reese were chatting and laughing. I rolled my eyes.

Everyone was happy. Lena and Lacey were dancing with Lacey's husband, Josh. Stephanie looked sad. I could tell she needed Brandan. "Go talk to her" I pushed Brandan towards Steph. I turned away from them. What do I do now? Where do I go? Who did I miss? I checked my surrounds once again. I knew who was missing. Chester.

Brandan

"Hi" I said awkwardly to Stephanie. "Hey" she smiled. "Why are you smiling?" I asked. "I don't know" she shrugged and looked back down at her nails. "I'm sorry" I said. Why did I just say that? "Why are you sorry?" she asked. "I just don't know what to say. I feel like a jackass"

"Why?" "I don't know. I just feel jealous about Tyson" I mumbled. "What?" that got her attention. "I always think that Tyson Ritter is a douchbag but now I feel bad. You really like him so I shouldn't judge" I can't possibly be telling her now can I? "Hey, i'm the one being bad" she said.

"What did you do?" I asked her. "I used Tyson to get a guy's attention. I broke up with Tyson before I came in here" she looked back down at her nails. "Really?" I shouted. "Yeah. I'm such a bitch" "No your not" I sat down beside her. "You don't think I am?" "Tyson deserved that" I laughed. "Brandan, that wasn't funny. Tyson didn't deserve that. He didn't do anything wrong. Why do you hate him so much?" she yelled at me.

"Maybe I hate him because he took away the girl of my dreams. Do you know what the word jealousy mean? I hate him because he's your boyfriend. Or was. It doesn't matter. I always will hate him because he doesn't deserve you. He's just some stuck up rock star. There I said it! What now! You can make fun of me for liking you. I don't give a fuck!" I yelled, running out of the ballroom.

"Brandan, no!" I heard Stephanie yell from behind. I ignored her, running into a random room. I slammed the door shut. "Brandan, I'm not going to make fun of you" Stephanie opened the door. I walked out, glaring at her. "You feel bad for me don't you?" I gritted through my teeth. "No I don't feel bad for you"

"Then what are you up to?" I asked. "I love you" she yelled. "Liar!" I yelled back. "I used Tyson to get your attention. And it worked" she yelled. "You like me? Why didn't you just tell me? We didn't have to go through this whole Tyson thing" I shouted. Why did she have to do that? I hate that technique. "It worked apparently because it got your attention. That's what I wanted all along" she hollered back at me. 

"Why didn't you just confront me? That would make life so much easier!" this is getting frustrating. "Would you have done the same thing? No I highly doubt it!" "Whats going on here?" Lena interupted. "Brandan's being a bitch. He's blaming me for not confronting him about my feelings for him. You didn't confront me about it either"

"That's because I saw you with your boyfriend. You guys were too fucking happy together" I rolled my eyes. "Your the one being a pussy" she yelled. "It's your fault. Why did you have to go through that just to get my attention. My attention was already on you. It did since the day I met you in the Battle Of The Bands competition!" I screamed. 

"Shut the fuck up you two!" Lena shouted. We both jumped at her sudden outburst. We both stared at her. "You fucking idiots. Stop arguing. You guys are getting mad over this? Since you two know you love each other just fucking make out already stop arguing!" she groaned and walked away.

Lena was right. What were we doing? She loves me. I love her. Isn't my life perfect already? Why was I angry at her? She went through this whole trouble just to get my attention. I should have been flattered. "Stephanie, I love you. I'm sorry about before" I walked closer to her. "Too late, you missed your chance" she shook her head, walking away.

I stared after her, wide eyed. She turned back to me, smiling. "I got you, didn't I?" she ran over to me, jumping on me. I pressed my lips against hers.

Jade

I played with my dark hair, wandering around. Where's Chester? Why was he so distant lately? Why didn't he bother me? He seems to be so good at that. "Mike?" I called out. "What Jade?" he appeared behind me. "Where the fuck is Chester?" I asked. A smile appeared on his face. "Why do you wanna know?"

"I just want to say goodbye to him before we leave. I want to thank him for choosing us to go tour with you guys. I have to thank you too" I said. His jaw dropped. "Just tell me where the fuck that idiot went" I snapped. "He disapeared in his hotel room. It's room 208" he said. "Thanks" I muttered, running to the lobby.

I went to the second floor. 208 was on the right side. It didn't take long for me to find it. Why did I care about Chester? I usually didn't right? I tried to think of a good reason for coming here. What was it though? I rolled my eyes to no one in particular. Maybe ask him where he got the jacket from. 

Shaking my head, I knocked the door. "Mike?" Chester asked. "No it's me" I said. A few seconds later, he opened the door. "What are you doing here?" he asked. "Uh... I came to thank you and to say goodbye" I told him. That was a half lie. I didn't want to say goodbye to him. Did I?

"Come in, if you want" he opened the door. I nodded, walking into his hotel room. "So, uh, this hotel room is nice" I started. "It looks just like yours" he said flatly. "Something wrong?" I asked. "What do you mean?" he rolled his eyes. "Stop acting like me" I whined. I never whined. Did I just do that? He began laughing.

"Now you know how it feels for me" he said, sitting on his bed. "Sorry" I whispered. "You're sorry? Wow" he was surprised. I was surprised myself. Why was I acting like this? Since the encounter with Brandan. I wonder what happened with him and Stephanie now. "Uh... The jacket looks good on you" he pointed out.

"Thanks, I got it from erm..." I sat down next to him. "Where did you get that jacket from?" he asked, eyebrow raised. "A guy. I think i'm in love with him" I wondered aloud. "Really? Jade you finally love someone?" he smiled. "Yeah. And I have to tell you something" 

"Okay" "To be honest, I feel different without you talking to me. I miss screaming at you" I said, sighing. "Really?" he smiled. "Yeah" I nodded. "Were you wondering who that mystery guy was?" he asked. "How did you know there was a mystery guy? I only told Brandan I swear..." 

"Jade think about it" he put a hand on my shoulder. Wait, was Chester the mystery guy after all? There's only one way to find out. I sat on his lap and quickly kissed him. The way his lips pressed against mine were the same way the mystery guy did. Chester is the mystery guy. He was the guy that saved me. He was my hero and he was the guy I was supposed to be in love with.

We pulled away from each other. "Finally" Chester smiled. 
Sign up to rate and review this story