Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Like I Did Yesterday

Better

by disturbedangel6 2 reviews

Everything just turns out to be awkward.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2010-03-26 - Updated: 2010-03-26 - 1661 words

0Unrated
His lips pressed against mine, his lips weren’t hard as I have expected. They were soft and moist against my dry ones. I felt stupid for not preparing for it. I didn’t know how to react to the kiss so I did all I could do, I shut my eyes and let my arms hang by my side. His grip on my arms tightened and loosened momentarily as if he was having a war with his mind. I wasn’t sure if I should move my lips against his or if I should do anything to make this moment less awkward. My eyebrows creased to a frown when I realised all this time my heart has been pounding against my chest as it was trying to find a way out and my lungs have stopped working as if I didn’t need any so called air in my body for the moment, well until this kiss was over.
It felt like Gerard has read my mind or knew this kiss wasn’t going anywhere and pulled away. He immediately covered his face with his pale hands and shook his head a little as he sighed. I rubbed my arms where he gripped on to relieve the tension. My eyes glanced about the room and my mouth was so dry. My lungs began to work as it pumped air into itself but my heart didn’t stop trying to pound its way out of my chest.
Gerard squeezed his eyes shut for a moment, “Uh, I should go to sleep...”
I looked up at him. That’s it?
He turned on his heels and hurried out my room, “I have work tomorrow anyway.”
I followed him, “But Gerard...” I didn’t know what to say to him, but I wanted to do something to cover up this awkward moment.
“I really need sleep Nicole; can’t you see I’m not thinking straight? I’ll see you tomorrow,” and with that he disappeared into his room.
“Goodnight,” I whispered to the empty atmosphere.
I quickly made my way into my room and changed into my pyjamas. After closing the light I buried myself in my blanket and stared at the wall. That night I didn’t cry nor felt sad, I just felt... confused about what happened between us. I always thought when we kiss it would be perfect but this was just so awkward. It was as if he pushed himself to kiss me just to make me happy. As if he read my mind and found out how much I wanted to kiss him so he did everything he could to make it happen. I was scared that Gerard would think that this was all wrong or that he never actually wanted this anymore. I wanted to make this all better...

I slept in till late morning the next day and clearly Gerard wasn’t home because he was work which was weird because today was a Sunday but he was working on his comic books and the team he worked with always needed him randomly. While Gerard was gone, I had the day for myself and decided to be lazy and just do nothing. The negative thing that comes from doing nothing is that a lot of thinking goes on in your mind and I did just that. I was determined to make this right. Gerard did his part for opening up with his feelings and going for a date and now it was my turn to do something.

I was sitting on the kitchen bench reading an old magazine that was hanging around in the house when Gerard arrived home. It was perfect timing because either way Gerard had to walk past me to get to his room which he always did every time he arrived home and this way he won’t have to avoid me. Although I was nervous, a smile was plastered on my face. As Gerard entered the kitchen he paused and looked at the oven which was turned on then looked at me with a confused expression hanging from his face.
“What are you cooking?” he asked.
My smile only got wider, “Roast pork,” I answered him in a simple manner.
“Wow,” he smirked. “That’s pretty impressive for an eighteen year old.”
“Oh shush,” I flipped him off and jumped off the bench top. “I made more food, so I say you put on an ‘all you can eat’ suit on and come to dinner.”
“You made dinner... for me?”
“Well, yes. I just wanted to thank you for all the things you’ve done for me,” I intertwined my fingers together in front of me and let my shoulders swing from side to side like a young girl.
“Hun, you don’t have to-“
“Go Gerard!” I shooed him.
He narrowed his eyes at me with a smile before leaving to his room.
I rubbed my hands together and jumped around the kitchen before retrieving into my room to choose an outfit to wear. I didn’t want to be too dressy or too under-dressed. I haven’t even planned what to do or say for tonight but I had a feeling that everything will go with the flow.

I did a little happy dance in my blue skinny jeans and a peach frilly singlet. I didn’t bother wearing shoes, we are home after all. I did a few jumps on my bed before stopping and straightening the creases in my shirt and left my room. I already had the table set and all I had to do was to cut the roast and set the side dishes on the table but when I walked into the dining room all was done for me. There stood Gerard pouring champagne carefully into the cups, when he saw me he looked up and grinned at me.
“The lady has finally arrived,” he bowed and took me by the arm to my seat.
“I’m quite surprised Mr Way,” I sat down and watched him sit across me.
“Would you like to skip the opening meals and start on the main meal my lady?” he smirked.
“Why of course Mr Way!”
“Okay, let’s cut the act. It’s creeping me out,” he chuckled.
“What ever do you mean?” my face showed an elegant surprised face.
“What did you do to my Nicole?” he looked shocked.
I couldn’t help but laugh at him. “Don’t worry, I’m here.”
From there the night turned out to be fantastic and pretty funny with the conversations we got going on.

After a delicious dinner thanks to me and an awesome night thanks to Gerard, we ended the night with stacking the dirty dishes into the dishwasher before going to bed. We spent about five minutes trying to fit a big bowl among the other dirty dishes before finally somehow with Gerard’s clever thinking we fit it in the washer.
“So how much of this stuff do we pour in?” Gerard asked as he analysed a small bottle of blue liquid that was used to make the dishes shiny.
I grabbed it off him and muttered about doing it myself. “Gerard, you’ve never used a dishwasher have you?”
“Um... no,” he looked around to hide his embarrassment. “I use to just wash it by hand.”
I pat his head, “There there, I’ll teach you one day of how to use it.”
“Yay!” he chuckled.
I glanced at the time which read really late, which screamed at me that I needed to go to sleep now or I would hate life at college tomorrow. I looked back at Gerard apologetically, “I’m sorry Gerard, but I need some sleep for tomorrow.”
“Alright, I should best get some sleep too.”
I smiled and we started walking the short distance from the kitchen to my room. My mission of clearing out the awkwardness between us was accomplished and I mentally gave myself a pat on the back for my accomplishment.
“You know, last night... I should have walked you to your room and not run to my room first,” Gerard started to say.
My pat on the back stopped and I started sweating about for the awkwardness to come. I was incredibly glad that we arrived at my bedroom door. I was itching to run into my room.
He stood facing me with a serious face, “I should of thanked you for a great night and I should have given you this... properly.”
A slight smile appeared on his lips before he leaned in and let his lips touch mine and waited for my reaction. I smiled against his lips and wrapped my arms around his neck. This time we both didn’t hesitate anything in the kiss, he moved his lips against mine and as soon as I responded his hands that were around my waist pulled me closer to him. His tongue ran against mine as if they were dancing, I smiled absently in the kiss and he gently bit my bottom lip before pulling away. This time he didn’t cover his face with his hands and walk off, this time he stood where his feet were planted and looked into my eyes with an innocent smile on his lips. “Goodnight,” he planted a kiss on my lips before retrieving to his room.
I giggled as I watched him walk backwards to his room with his eyes never leaving mine. He stood at his door and waited for me to go into my room first. I went in before my face went even more crimson. I looked up the ceiling and smiled. I started to twirl around as small giggles escaped my lips, I didn’t want to sleep yet. I just wanted that moment to replay over and over in my head.



I wrote a little more this time!
Sign up to rate and review this story