Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Backstabber

Way To Look Good

by Dr-Giggles 3 reviews

Eve sneaks out. More eventful than it sounds, I hope.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero - Published: 2010-03-28 - Updated: 2010-03-28 - 2665 words - Complete

1Ambiance
Eve looked at her clock. It was almost midnight. She’d been tossing and turning for two hours. She saw the look on Frank’s face and it almost killed her. She needed to tell him and she would.

Eve hesitated walking out the font door. She was always afraid of leaving her father alone, but he was sleeping so she deemed it safe to leave for just an hour or so.

She opened and closed the front door as quietly as she possibly could an began walking down the street towards Frank’s house. Looking down at what she was wearing, she started to wish she got changed. She looked really daggy. She was just wearing knackered converse, faded and ripped jeans with a really baggy hoodie.

Way to look good, she thought to herself.

After Eve had passed Mikey and Gerard’s house, Ray’s and Bob’s she turned down another street to find Frankie’s. She hoped it was the right one. Eve had only ever visited his house once when he wanted to show her his guitar. She smiled to herself. That was a fun day.

Eve stopped outside the house that looked familiar. She tried to remember which room was Frank’s and when she saw the tree that was ever so conveniently placed next to it, she remembered. He told her that he used that tree to sneak out sometimes. She called him a ninja and he tried to pull a pose, but ended up falling over. Eve had almost cried with laughter while Frank’s face was burning red from embarrassment.

She carefully jumped his fence and started climbing up the tree. Eve had never climbed a tree before so it was lucky that it wasn't too high, but she still climbed very slowly; paranoid that she’d slip and fall. Eve let out a massive sigh of relief when she made it to the top and saw Frank sleeping, peacefully. She stared at him for a moment, admiring the gorgeous view. Eve didn’t want to wake him up, but it was too late to turn back, now.

*

Frank was slightly confused when he opened his eyes. There was a loud tapping noise that woke him up. He rubbed his eyes, slowly sitting up looking for where it had come from. He nearly had a heart attack when he saw a silohouette at his window on the big tree branch next to it. He squinted his eyes to try and see who it was. The shadow gave an awkward wave and he immediately knew who it was. He rushed to his window and opened it to let her in.

“Who's the ninja, now?" he smirked. She quietly laughed. "Seriously, though, Eve, what the hell are you doing here?” Frank whispered.

“Are you angry? I’m sorry. I’m such an idiot.” Eve whispered, but her voice choked from all the misery she was keeping in, and tears rimmed her eyes.

Frank wondered why she was getting so worked up so quickly.

“What? No, I’m not. Calm down,” He rubbed her arm, “Why did you come here? Is everything okay?”

“Honestly?…No. I didn’t know where else to go. I’m scared. I-” She was cut off by her own tears. Frank didn’t hesitate to pull her into a close hug. Eve sobbed softly into his shoulder whilst he stroked her hair softly, whispering to her that everything was okay.

“No, Frank. It’s not,” Eve pulled away from him, but he grabbed her hand.

“Then tell me what’s going on, Eve. I’m begging you. Please.”

Eve nodded as she let Frank take her to his bed. He lay down with his head on the pillow, and patted the space next to him. Eve was hesitant, but when Frankie smiled, she came and lay down next to him. He wrapped a loving arm lightly around her waist, and her hand with the other. The room was dim, the only light source was the faulty lamp next to Frank’s bed. Eve stared into his eyes, before looking down.

“Frankie, I don’t even know where I’m supposed to start.”

“From the beginning?”

She laughed gently, “Obviously…but, I don’t even know where that is.”

“Just try.” Frank said, squeezing her hand to let her know he was there for her.

She gave him a quick smile as she began, “My dad…he’s, well, sick. I mean, he hasn’t got cancer or anything. He’s just sick in his head. Like, mentally.”

Frank said nothing. He only nodded.

“And that’s been hard. I can’t even remember what it’s called, but all I know is that sometimes, he forgets everything. He forgets who I am or where we are or how we got there. I give him medication for it, but some days not even that can stop him from forgetting.”

“What happens when he forgets?”

Eve’s voice began to shake, threatening to change her words into sobs, “He’ll just…lose it. At me. Frankie, it’s not his fault, but he gets confused and scared and sometimes he’ll just…attack me because he thinks I’m going to hurt him. He’ll either get really mad or really upset. Either way, I’m the one he takes it out on because I’m a stranger to him.”

“Eve…” Frank reached out to stroke her cheek. The thought of any of this made him feel sick.

“It’s why we moved. Back in Australia, it was my dad, my mum and me. All the doctors kept telling us to admit him into a psychiatric hospital, but we couldn’t do that. We loved him too much to see him go. So, we somehow got away with letting him live a normal life. Well, his version of normal, anyway. My mum…she was great. Her name was Carla. My dad asks about her all the time…” Eve’s voice was distorted while she cried, “He tells me that I look just like her. He asks about her and then he remembers what happened.”

Eve had to stop. She needed a moment before she continued. Frank just continued to hold her hand and use his free hand to stroke her face, or her arm. Anything to make her feel any better.

Eve took a deep breath. “I remember everything about that night. I was asleep, but I heard him yelling at my mum. He’d had another memory lapse fit and he was freaking out a lot more than normal. I ran downstairs as fast as I could, but I made it down just in time to see him…oh, god.” She began to cry uncontrollably. Frank pulled her into his chest, stroking her back. He wanted to cry with her, but decided to stay strong for her sake.

“I was there in time to see…my mum trying to calm him down, but he grabbed a knife and…he killed her. I saw him plunge a knife into her chest. I screamed at him so loudly, I almost lost my voice. I tried so hard to stop my mum from dying, but she just died. Right in my arms. And a few minutes later, he remembered and he was just so shocked that he collapsed. Frankie…I-I was so scared. I didn’t know what the fuck I was meant to do and I still don’t. After it happened, my dad and I-- we just left. Left everything. And I’m scared all the time. Frankie, I’m so fucking scared.”

“Eve, it’s okay. I’m here. You’re safe. Right now, everything’s okay. Whenever your with me, know that I’ll destroy anyone who tries to hurt you.” Frank hushed her as he pulled her into another hug.

“You'll have to destroy me, then,” Eve laughed, with no humour at all.

“What?”

She slowly pulled herself away from him, again. “Whenever I got scared and get scared, I don’t know how to make it go away.”

“Eve, what did you do?”

She said nothing. All she did was release herself from Frank’s embrace, lift her hoodie up to reveal her stomach which was encompassed with scars. Some old, some new, some deep, some were just scratches. Some were long and others were just little stabs, but the sight made tears form in Frank’s eyes. Once she knew he had seen them, she quickly shoved her hoodie back down again. She felt so ashamed.

“Eve,” Frank began. “I can’t imagine how horrible all that must’ve been and I guess still is. You’re an amazing person and I know you’re a strong one too. So, please, please, please promise me you’ll never ever do this to yourself again.”

She shook her head, “Frankie, I seriously can't stop. I tried, but I can't. Nothing else is gonna take all this shit away. It’s been my life and will always be my life. That’s one of the things that scares me the most. That I’ll be stuck in this cycle forever.”

“Let me take it away. I’ll be there for you every second of every minute of every of hour of every day of ever week of every month of every-”

“Okay, Frankie. I get it,” she giggled a little. “Why do you care?”

Frank looked confused.

“Oh, that came out wrong, didn’t it? I didn‘t mean to sound like a bitch. What I mean is, seriously, why do you care? People don‘t care about me,” She explained.

Frank shook his head in disbelief, “You’re so oblivious to it all, Eve.”

“Oblivious to what?”

“Yourself. I mean, how can you think no one cares about you?”

She shrugged in response, “I know my dad does, but because of that…stuff, it’s just hard to keep it in mind, sometimes. And, well, other than him and my mum, no one ever did. They just made sure I felt miserable or they smiled to my face then turned around and used anything they could against me. It‘s the way it‘s always been. Why should it be any different, now?”

“Because you’re with people now that get put through the same shit when it comes to those dickheads at school, but we get each other through it and I want to get your through it and through the stuff with your dad. Believe me, I care because you’re the best girl I’ve ever met. You’re amazing and someone like you shouldn’t have to feel scared or sad. You deserve every happiness in the world.”

Eve started to blush so badly that even in the dim light, Frank could see her face burning red. He reached out to stroke her smooth cheek. She closed her eyes and tilted her head.

“How can I prove to you that I’ll take all hurt away?” he asked her.

“I don’t know…” Eve whispered.

“How about this?”

Frank snaked his hand around Eve's neck, pulled her in gently, and softly kissed her. He didn't want to hurry anything, and while he gave her a chance to pull away, Eve wrapped her arms around his torso, pulled him closer and opened her mouth under his, deepening the kiss. Frank moaned softly and clung to her even tighter, pulling her on top of him. Eve pulled away slightly, a little embarassed at her position.

“You have no idea how long I’ve wanted that,” Frank whispered.

“My words exactly,” Eve smiled.

Frank lay down beside her again as she cuddled up against him, he wrapped his arms around her, pulling her as close as he could to himself. Eve sighed against his chest and he gently kissed the top of her head.

“Frankie?”

“Yeah?”

“I kinda left out on tiny detail before.”

“What is it?”

“When I was away from school these past few days, and all that…”

“Yeah?“ Frank frowned.

“That was because…I…uh…” her voice was cracking. “You’re gonna hate me for this.”

“I could never hate you, Eve. Just tell me. It’s okay.”

“Yeah, we’ll see.”

“What is it, Eve?”

“I may or may not have…accidentally…almost-died-on-purpose.”

Frank shot up so fast it scared Eve. She covered her face with her hands, embarrassed.

“Wanna try explaining that in plain English?” he asked. His voice was almost choked because Frank was certain he knew what she meant, but he wanted to be sure.

Eve sighed heavily and whispered. “Yeah, I tried to kill myself, okay Frank?”

His breath hitched before his breathing altogether was uneven. “No! Eve, please tell me you didn’t. Tell me this is all just a joke ad we‘ll just laugh. You can’t have. Please tell me you didn’t!”

“I’m sorry, Frankie.”

He shut her up by pushing his lips onto hers once again. He pulled away quickly, begging her not to do it again.

“I’m sorry.”

“Why? I know things are rough and the cutting is understandable, I guess, but why would you go that far?”

“Because I think about everything sometimes and sometimes I wish I could just die right there. Then I wonder what my dad would do if I did and I feel guilty. So fucking guilty. Then I think that’s why no one cares and then I feel sad and then I pick up a razor and go at it, but a few days ago, I guess, I just tried to make it all stop.”

“I fucking care, Eve. More than you’ll ever know.”

“Frank…”

“Eve, please. Don’t. I love you.”

“...What?”

“I said I fucking love you.” Frank couldn't care less about being embarassed anymore.

Eve cracked a small smile, “I love you too, Frank. Like you wouldn’t believe.”

“Promise me you’ll never do this again. I seriously don’t know what I’d do if you-” he couldn’t even say it.

“I won’t. I promise…For you. And only you.”

“The guys too.”

“You’re not gonna tell them, are you?”

“No, of course not, but you really should. They care about you too, you know. You have no idea how worried we were when you disappeared, Eve and now I’m going to worry even more if it happens again.”

“No, you don’t need to. Please. Don’t start worrying because of me. I’m not worth it.”

“Yes, you are and you’d better fucking believe it.”

He kissed her once more before they both returned to the cuddling position they were in before.

“You’re amazing, Eve. Really.” Frank thought out loud.

“Take a look in the mirror, Frankie. That’s the definition of amazing,” Eve finished her sentence with a yawn and she soon fell fast asleep in Frank’s arms. He kept looking at her. She was beautiful. Frank spent god knows how long just staring and wondering why someone like her has to go through such a rough time. He hated it and now he was going to stop it. Though, he didn’t know how quite yet. He was going to.

With that thought, he soon fell asleep as well.


A/N: Okay, so I’ve ended a lot of chapters with Frank falling asleep thinking of Eve and I promise it won’t be like that in the next chapter. You guys need some variety, right? Right! And you shall have it. In the next chapter. ;D

I really hope you like the story so far, although, reviews have been kinda lacking. Is my story that bad? If so, tell me and I'll stop writing it. Hehe. Reviews make Dr-Giggles smile and they make the updates come faster. c:

Dr-Giggles.
Sign up to rate and review this story