Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Sweetheart Rebels

Growin' Up

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Judy finally pushes Meredith to come out to her family. Four more chapters to go.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2010-04-07 - Updated: 2010-04-08 - 665 words - Complete

0Unrated
Growin' Up:

I can't stand it anymore. Meredith keeps hiding her sexuality from her mom and aunt. She pushed me to come out to my mom about us. Why can't she do the same with her family? I decided to try and push the issue. Meredith and I were hanging out in my living room last night. Neither one of us had anything to day. It felt like the first time the teacher paired us up for that class project. Meredith seemed out in her own little world. I just couldn't hold back anymore. I whipped around to my girlfriend.

"Mer-bear!" I spoke up. She didn't look up at me. I hesitated at first. Should I go on? Yes, I have to! So, I kept pushing myself to speak. I swallowed a little bit.

"Have you told them?" I pushed out of my mouth. Meredith turned around and looked at me confused.

"What are you talking?" she asked. "Told who what?" I shrugged at her.

"You know." Meredith shook her head at me.

"No, I don't actually." I swallowed a little bit again.

"You know, have you told them yet?" Meredith still didn't get it.

"I'm not following!" I sighed as I was running out of options. I had no choice but to say it now.

"Have you told your family that you are gay?" I asked her bluntly. Meredith looked at me with big eyes. I had never seen the color drain out of person's face so fast.

"WHAT?!?" my love cried aloud. I gently shushed her.

"Oh come on, Mer-bear," I said. "They have to know sometime." She shook her head at me quickly.

"No, babe!" my girlfriend yelped aloud. I looked at her confused.

"What do you mean?" I asked. Mer-Bear sighed at me in distress.

"I can't!" she wailed.

"Why not?" Mer-Bear looked out the window.

"It looks like it might rain tonight," she said lightly. I looked at her sternly.

"Mer-Bear!" I said.

"I sure hope it doesn't rain," my love went on. I slowly became frustrated.

"You're doing it again!" I snapped. Meredith looked at me startled.

"Doing what?" she asked. I sat up in my place.

"Why do you keep dodging my questions?!?" I asked, frustrated. "Tell me why!" She sighed aloud as she put down her head.

"I can't come out to madre and tia!" she wailed.

"And why not?!?" I screamed at her.

"Because they want me to get married and have children!!!" Mer-bear cried. "Ever since padre died, madre has been desperate for me to give her grandchildren. But the truth is..." My love breathed out again. I could tell this was hard for her. I waited in silence.

"Truth is what?" I asked. Mer-bear turned around to me. Her tears were welling up with tears. This really threw me for a surprise. I had never seen her cry before in my life. She's usually the strong one while I just follow along.

"I'm scared, Judy-bug!" she whimpered. "I'm just scared that they won't accept me if I come out to them! I'm so scared!" Mer-bear finally broke down crying. I quickly embraced and let her cry on my chest. I gently stroked her long, dark hair.

"Shhh!" I whispered to her. "It's okay. It's okay." Mer-bear just sobbed in my chest.

"You have to tell them some time," I reminded her.

"I know," she wailed in my chest. "I can't do it."

"Then, I'll go with you," I offered. My love slowly looked up at me.

"You would really do that?" she asked. I nodded at her.

"But," I said. "That's only if you really want to do that." Mer-bear thought about that for a moment. Then, she wiped the tears from her eyes.

"Okay," she murmured. "I'll do it!" I smiled at her softly.

"That's my girl," I whispered. Mer-bear only hugged me tightly in her arms. I didn't let go. How could I? We need each other.

Can You Hold Me, Closely
Sign up to rate and review this story