Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > How Do You Love Someone?

Chap 10

by punk1210 1 review

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2010-05-01 - Updated: 2010-05-01 - 1650 words

0Unrated
C
H
A
P
T
E
R

T
E
N

How Do You Love Someone?

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
I woke up to strange quiet.Nothing but the sound of silence.I sat up,and immediately my head throbbed.I grasped it and bit my lip as the blood rushed to my head.
The door opened and I looked over to see Stark walk in with a tray full of food,and thankfully,a box of aspirin.
"Hey.Looks like you're awake.",he murmured as he sat the things down aside and sat by me.
"Yeah,but,my head hurts.What happened last night.I remember waiting at that bar,and I got a drink...",I trailed off.
"Which ended up with a sixth drink and me pulling you out of there before you suddenly decided that you were on Girls Gone Wild.",he said as he opened the aspirin box.
"Six beers??Oh my gosh!",I said,which made my head throb.He handed me some aspirin and opened a water bottle for me.I drank it up quickly,hoping for the headache to leave.
"So,I thought about what you should tell your parents.",he said.I smiled and looked up at him as he stood up.
"For real!Thank you so much!So,what?",I asked.
"You were headed to your friends house when...."

"You see.I was headed to my friends house,when I saw she was drunk on the street,so I helped her home which was very hard.When I got there,I was so tired,that I was knocked out on her couch.",I lied to my parents.My mom sighed and nodded.
"I understand.But next time,don't scare me like that.",she said.
"You should call and let us know.",my dad said.
"Don't worry.If it ever happens again,I'll call to check you in.",I said and gave them a hug heading to my room.
Thankfully for Stark's lie,it got me through my mom and dad,and to my next mission.
Deal with Stark and his craziness of beating up Brian.
I grabbed the house phone and dialed Stark's number,which was answered immediately.
"The lie work?",he asked.
"Yeah,thanks for it.But,I need to talk to you about something.",I said.
"Alright,I'll meet you at the park.Be there in 20 minutes.",he said.
"Thanks,see ya.",I said and hung up getting into new clothes and washing my self up.Once I was done,I headed out saying I was going for a walk,and went straight to the park.

"So,what did you need to talk about?",Stark asked as he sat down on the swing beside me,obviously wearing sunglasses and a hat.
"About our little vacation to your private beach.",I said,looking down as I kicked the sand.
"What about it?",he asked.
"Tell me why you beat up Brian.",I said.He stayed quiet,and I knew he was shocked to know that I knew.
"How did you-"
"Instead of getting some scrunchy,I went to say bye to Brian.I knew you wouldn't let me,but I didn't know it was because you fought with him.He explained everything to me.Why did you lie?",I asked,now looking at him with eyes narrowed.
"Because he needed to know his place...why did you go see him and lie to me?",he asked suddenly.I looked down,sighing.
"That's not the point of this conversation.",I said.
"No,but you can do what you need to do and I can't.",he said.
"You don't need to bear up Brian for talking to me.I already said that what we had was over a long time ago,and we're just friends now.Why can't you understand that?",I asked.He stood up,making the swing jump around angrily.
"Because it's hard to understand.How could old school lovers just be friends when they obviously still have some dumb lovey dovey feelings for eachother.",he said starting to pace.
"I do not.I already said that to you,why don't you get it.I'm over him.I have been for a long time,ever since I quit high school last year.",I said.
"Rae,sure you may be over him,but it's damn obvious that he not over you.I am not going to have a damn competition for you.I've said already,so I'll say it again.You're mine,and mine only.",he said.
Once again,the blood boiled in my body once again,and I stood up from the swing walking up to him.
"Why?!Because I please you in sleeping with you?!Is that why I'm only yours?!So that you have entartainment late at nights when you're feeling cold and lonely?!",I yelled in his face.His eyes narrowed and became cold.Of couse it made me scared,but I didn't show it.
"Maybe it is.",he said low and coldly.My eyes widened as they teared up.
He had actually said that.
My hand reached for his face,not to gently touch his face,but to slap him hard in the face.
His face angled away,and he stood like that for what seemed to b a long time.His sunglasses were knocked off,and I can see where I left red marks tracing my fingers.
The words flowed from my mouth venomously.
"Well you don't need me for it.It seems that there's already a beauty at your house with the title of 'Stark's Real Girlfriend',and it's obvious she wants you.I do not need you to get money.My life is not yours to control.My life is mine,and I'll handle it the way I want to.",I said with a low,emotionless voice.
It scared me,the way it sounded.Reminded me of the way it was when I became emotionless myself,and I wasn't talking with parents or friends,and I had hid my love for Brian away in my heart,and smashed my heart apart to feel no pain.No hurt.No love.For anybody.
He slowly faced me again,and tis time,the hurt was in his eyes.I saw it,as it reminded me of myself once.But I looked away quickly,and walked past him giving him a shoulder bump,and walked away as it took all my strength to hide my tears.
"Rae."
I stopped,and turned halfway slowly to look back at Stark.
He turned himself and looked at me,his eyes back to normal.Angry,and frustrated.
"So,are you saying that you're going to let him control your life by going to him?",he asked.
My heart throbbed as he said those words.Especially the way it sounded.Heartless,with no sign of emotion.
Tears ran down my pale cheeks as I said the next words.
"Do me a favor and never get close to me ever again,Mr.James."
With those words,I turned and left.

...

Soon,it had been an entire year since I saw Stark with my own eyes standing before me,or heard of him.He had concerts which I watched,and shows he attended wearing a big smile.
Until it came to one show I watched with his guest appearance.
"So,do you have a girlfriend?",the hostess asked.Stark smiled and nodded.
"Yeah,I do.",he answered.
The way he talked reminded me of back then.The year had gone by so fast,and I had become very quiet and heartless once more.
"So,wanna tell us who it is?",the host asked.Stark smiled and shrugged,nodding.He looked at the camera.
"Clarissa Maine.We'll be getting married soon in a couple months.",he said,with a wink.
The air was knocked out from my lungs,the walls around me closed in and it became dark.
My heart squeezed so painfully,that it felt like it exploded into a million pieces leaving nothing but hurt,pain,and numbness.
Why,God,why?

Momma never taught me how to love
Daddy never taught me how to feel
Momma never taught me how to touch
Daddy never showed me how to heal

Momma never set a good example
Daddy never held momma's hand
Momma found everything hard to handle
Daddy never stood up like a man

I've walked around broken, emotionally frozen
Getting it on, get it wrong

How do you love someone without getting hurt
How do you love someone without crawling so far in the dark
So far in my life clouds have blocked the sun
How do you love, how do you love someone
How do you love, how do you love someone

I was always the chosen child
The biggest scandal I became
They told me I'd never survive, but survivals my middle name
I've walked around hoping just barely broken
Hanging on, get it wrong

How do you love someone without getting hurt
How do you love someone without crawling so far in the dark
So far in my life clouds have blocked the sun
How do you love, how do you love someone
How do you love, how do you love someone

It's hard to talk to say what's deep inside
It's hard to tell the truth when you always lie

How do you love someone without getting hurt
How do you love someone without crawling so far in the dark
So far in my life clouds have blocked the sun
How do you love, how do you love someone

How do you love someone and make it last
How do you love someone without tripping on the past
So far in my life clouds have blocked the sun
How do you love, how do you love someone
How do you love, how do you love someone
Someone


The answer...I wanted it already...
Sign up to rate and review this story