Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > How Do You Love Someone?

Chap 11

by punk1210 1 review

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2010-05-02 - Updated: 2010-05-03 - 1193 words

0Unrated
C
H
A
P
T
E
R

E
L
E
V
E
N

How Do You Love Someone?

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxooxoxo
"Rae,somebody's on the phone for you.",my mom called.
His name popped into my head,and I hurried out of my room to the phone,getting it from her.She left,and I turned away.
"H-Hello?",I asked.
"Hey,Len.It's me,Brian."
The high hopes in my heart came crashing down,and replaced with realization.
Why would Stark James call me?
"Hey,Brian.Ummm...finally!Take your time,why don't you!",I said to him,trying to sound more cheerful.
"Sorry,but hey,I'm here now.",he said.
"Really,here in town?",I asked.
"Yep,and waiting for you at our old hang out at the mall.",he said.I smiled and nodded.
"I'll meet you there right away.",I said.
"Cool.",he said,and we hung up.
I walked into my room and looked at my small mirror,wiping away my dryed tear lines.
"I don't need you,Stark James.My life was just fine,before you entered it.",I muttered.
Brian was here.I had to buld up some confidence,right?

Wearing my goodest and cutest outfit,I entered the mall.
I truly believe in something right now...
...that I looked like an idiot.
I wore no eyeliner,but lipgloss,and my hair was in a ponytail.I wore my goodest skirt,and a pink old tank top with my jean jacket,and converse that...Stark,bought for me.
I walked to the small caffe shop that both me and Brian studied at,and entered.I looked around until I spotted the familiar dark hair.I smiled and walked up to him.
"Hey,Brian.",I said.He looked up,and his eyes widened as he dropped his cellphone.I jumped at the sound of it,and looked at him both nervous and confused.
"H-Hey,Len.H-How are you d-d-doing?",he stuttered.I stiffled a giggle,as I could see the blush come on his face.
"Just fine.And you?",I asked.
"I'm-I'm great.Please,not a sign of fever on me!",he said,with a luahg at the end.I rolled my eyes and bent down picking up his cellphone,and handing it to him.
"So,let's order.",I said.
"Yeah sure...but wow,you look different.",he said.I blushed and shrugged.
"It's been a long time since I went out and got dressed.Don't laugh.",I said.
"Ok.",he said,with his charming,playful smile that I loved.
Hanging with Brian reminded me of thigns of the past.Things I hid away in my heart,and blocked away.It all rused to my head,and I felt dizzy of all the memories.
Other than that,me and Brian had so much fun with eachother.We talked of what's happened so far with eachother.We talked of some things that happened back then when we were high school students and just friends.And of when...we started dating.
All of it made me fell...unbelievably excited.Like it was back to the future.

"So,have a fun time?",Brian asked.
"Absolutely.The most funest I've had in a long time.",I said giving him a smile.
We were currently walking on a bridge,and stopped midway.It was dark,the moon and stars out,as it shone on the lake under us.
"Even with..umm,superstar Stark James in your life.",he said.The smile on my face faded off as quick as possible,and I looked down.
"Umm,no,that's over.We broke up about a year ago.When we came back from our vacation.There was...obviously a lot of problems between us.",I explained,looking up at the sky.
"Oh...".he said softly.I sighed and msiled,as I stared at the moon.
"Who do you think I'd be more like?The sun or the moon?",I asked.
"Hmmm...I'd say the sun.You're bright in many ways.Always give off a friendly and light feeling,even when you're done.You always make me happy.",he said.I could tell his eyes were on me and I blushed,but sighed.
"Really?I've always liked the moon more.It's wide,and gives off the mysterious shine,providing us with questions.",I said,my voice low.
"Very reasonable.But..I truly do think you're like the sun.Also...",he trailed off.He became quiet,so I looked at him confused.
"What?",I asked.
"...you're also very beautiful.",he said.I smiled,and blushed.
"Thanks.That makes me feel...like I actually am.",I said,with a small laugh at the end.He turned to me and sighed.
"You don't get it,Len.You really are.No joke about it.",he said.I looked at him once more,and his face was for sure serious.I stopped smiling and turned to him slowly,looking down.
"I'm not,though.If I was beautiful,I'd be some model,with girls jealous of me,and they would envy me.I would compete for huge titles,like 'America's Next Model'.",I said.
Suddenly,his hands went to my cheek,as he bought my face up to look up at him.
"Len,beauty is not something you have to compete at.You just show your true self,and you'll definitely have inner beauty,as much as you have outer beauty.And Len,you do.You have great inner beauty,as well as outer beauty.",he said.
"Brian...",I softly whispered.Slowly,his face neared mine.
My heart thumped loudly,and quickly.My eyes seemed to drift closed,when...
"Do we really have to walk?",a familiar voice asked.My eyes widened and I froze as if an instinct.I stopped breathing just that small moment,as I stiffly turned.
Clarissa...and somebody familiar,holding hands.
Clarissa and a boy holding hands.
Clarissa and Stark holding hands.
Clarissa's eyes met mine and narrowed,a clear smirk comng across her face.
"Well,if it isn't once upon a time.Sure has been a long time.",she said.She took off her sunglasses,and flipped her hair.
Stark's head came up slowly,as if bored,and throug his sunglasses,I could sense his stare at me.
"Rae...",he whispered.
I couldn't look at him.Not now.Not in front of Clarissa and Brian.I couldn't even say his name.I'd only end up crying so hard,snot came running out of my nose.
"What?Did you become deaf and mute over the year?Or,are you shocked to see us together?",Clarissa taunted.I could only stare at Stark.The tears burned as they started up.
My hurt seemed to catch on fire,as it ran throughout my body,making me feel hot and almost dead.That feeling had never happened,and yet I can describe it so clearly and easily.
Why was that?
Did it really feel like that though?
Was it another feeling that was equal but seemed to make more sense?
Do I really have to feel like that?
How long?
How long,I ask the world,will I have to feel like this?
Sign up to rate and review this story