Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > From Under The Cork Tree

Dance, Dance

by fobprincess179 0 reviews

Andy/OFC

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2010-05-16 - Updated: 2010-05-16 - 552 words

0Unrated
It can’t get much worse.

Andy muttered to himself as he saw everyone from his school having fun at their prom especially his ex best friend Marie. He glared at her and her prom date, the reason why they started fighting. Andy thought he saw Marie glance every now and then but he couldn’t tell if it was just the stiffness in the hot air getting to him. After drowning his soda, he stood up from the yellow and red clothed table and walked out of the ballroom. The music from the band the school hired could still be heard 2 floors down. Andy walked out into the cool air to think clearly and without noise. That idea went out the window when he heard a familiar voice shout his name.

“Andy! Andy! There you are!” Marie exclaimed as her heels clacked against the pavement. Still hurt that their friendship had ended so badly, Andy’s defensive wall went up.

“Unfortunately,” He spat facing her. “What do you want?”

“I just want to talk to you.” She said, her voice sounding hurt. She moved a little towards Andy, her black dress moving with her. “Why did we fight?” She asked, her voice told anyone that she was honestly confused. “I mean, I really don’t know why we stopped being friends.”

“Oh really?” Andy countered, his words dripping with sarcasm. “You were dancing with the problem all night.”

“Dave? This was all about him?” Her pale face was growing redder and redder from anger every second. “You screamed at me for not being faithful and trustworthy in our friendship because of Dave?!”

Andy was growing mad himself. He found himself growing hot even though his brown hair was tied in a tight ponytail.


“You let his come between us!” He yelled remembering the feeling he had when he fought with Marie 2 weeks ago.

“No, you did!” She screamed back then tried to calm herself. “You know what, I feel sorry for you.” Was all she said before she started to walk back in the building.

“Sorry for me?!” Andy took a beep breath before continuing. “I only want sympathy form of you crawling into bed with me.”

He held his breath as Marie stopped in her tracks. She slowly turned toward him.

“What?”

Andy cleared his throat. “You heard me.”

His voice was soft, waiting for her reply. Marie’s breathing was short and hard, grasping the situation.

“I- Uh- We-,” She stuttered as she tried to find the right words but Andy beat her to it.

“We fought because I was jealous. I know, stupid.” He said starting to turn but stopped when he heard her say “Why didn’t you tell me that before?”


“What difference would it have made?” He said noticing that she was moving closer.

“A big one.”

Marie was standing a couple of inches away from him. They stood therein silence but a silence that told them everything. Without warning, Marie’s arms reached and draped them around Andy’s shoulders, pulling him close for a long awaited kiss. Andy pulled away after returning it. He laughed, his eyes shining beneath his glasses.

“What?” She asked.

“Nothing. I was beginning to think that misery loved me.

She rolled her eyes before plunging into another kiss.
Sign up to rate and review this story