Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Amor Vincint Omnia

Volcanoes

by seraphsfalling 1 review

Tonks/Lupin. From end of OotP, to end of HBP. Chapter Song: Volcanoes, Damien Rice

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Characters: Lupin, Tonks - Published: 2006-04-23 - Updated: 2006-04-24 - 1392 words

1Ambiance
Amor Vincit Omnia

Chapter Song:
Volcanoes, Damien Rice
*Female voice in Italics,
Male voice not in Italics.

Don't hold yourself like that
You'll hurt your knees
I kissed your mouth and back
But that's all I need
Don't build your world around
volcanoes melt you down

What I am to you is not real
What I am to you you do not need
What I am to you is not what you mean to me
You give me miles and miles of mountains
And I'll ask for the sea

Don't throw yourself like that
In front of me
I kissed your mouth your back
Is that all you need?
Don't drag my love around volcanoes melt me down

What I am to you is not real
What I am to you you do not need
What I am to you is not what you mean to me
You give me miles and miles of mountains
And I'll ask for


what I give to you
Is just what i'm going through
This is nothing new
No no just another phase of finding what I really need
Is what makes me bleed
And like a new disease
she's still too young to treat

[Bridge]
What I am to you is not real
What I am to you, you do not need
Volcanoes melt me down
She's still too young
I kissed your mouth
I kissed your mouth\

You do not need me

Chapter Two: Volcanoes

Her eyes caught his, she wanted this. Then his lips were on hers and they were both sighing

Remus didn't give pause to think about what he was doing; his hand had climbed to cradle the back of her neck, her hands moved to his face. She traced her thumb along one of his scars without removing her lips from his own.

He tried to think rationally, he pulled away from her, body quivering and hands dropping from her body; her own hands, however, pulled him back before he could utter his apology and her mouth was open on his and he was drowning in her sighs. Her mouth opened for his tongue when he nipped at her lower lip, his hand had left her neck to slide down her slide, palms brushing the sides of her breast, until they found the bottom hem of her jumper and the smooth skin beneath.

She leaned back against the bed, the food forgotten and falling off the bed to the wood floor, and she pulled him to her by the collar of his jumper, the dark blue one she had thought so handsome on him earlier she now wanted off of him. He balanced his weight above her with one arm stretched out next to her head; the other was resting right above her hip and tracing circles around with a thumb.

He kissed his way to her neck, nuzzling the tender skin that joined neck to shoulder. Her hands were restless over his body, running down his chest to his own jumper and gripping it's ends, pulling it up over his head to see bare chest. The jumper fell forgotten from her hands as she studied his body, a thick scar covered his shoulder, one ran down the length of his chest, small ones littered his back. He stiffened when she looked up at him in amazement.

"Sirius and James had a hell of a time controlling me; they had their share as well." He answered her voiceless question quietly, unmoving. She moved her mouth to his shoulder, kissing the puckered skin, moving down his chest as he hissed in a breath. Her fingers sought out the scars on his back, following their pattern with gentle strokes and pressures. This was a mistake, Remus' conscience buzzed at him, she'll regret this. And he told his conscience to buggar off.

He sought out her lips once again, left hand in her hair, right hand moving up her abdomen to her chest.

"Remus? Tonks?" A voice called from downstairs, not Moody's thank the gods, but Molly's.
Remus and Tonks split apart like two teenagers. The bed was ruffled, food was crushed about the floor, and Remus found his jumper shoved between the bed and wall behind it. He didn't meet Tonks' gaze as he slipped it over his head. She touched his shoulder tenderly.

"Remus?" She questioned.

"I apologize Tonks. I shouldn't have..." His voice trailed off at the knock on the door.

"Are you two in there? I've been hoping to welcome her back. Fuss over her." Molly walked into the room, her red hair it's usual mess that was charming on her, and her hands wiping themselves on her apron. Remus had an inkling that Molly had a good idea about what had just been going on as her cheeks were tinged pink. Remus wanted to die and go to hell were he belonged.

"I was just leaving"-"He was just bringing me something to eat." Tonks and Remus both attempted to explain.

"Yes, well, little good it does you darling for the food to end up on the floor. Come downstairs and eat proper. Need to get back to life dear." Molly grinned and left the two alone to busy herself down in the kitchen, humming with new found gossip she couldn't wait to share with her husband.

"I really should go. I imagine Dumbledore is going to want to know that we made it here safe." Remus straightened his jumper, looking away at the window as though there were some interesting bird outside he should be examining.

"Remus, I think we should talk. Really...About what we just did. I know what your thinking, that I'm to young. But I'm adult, and plenty old enough to do what I feel is right." Tonks tilted her head.

"Nymphadora, you have no bloody idea what I'm thinking. If you did, you would not be standing there trying to have a civil conversation with me." Remus finally looked to her face. "I'll be in touch. Tell Molly I'm sorry I couldn't stay for dinner. Pressing appointment." He stopped. "I really am sorry, Nymphadora, truly." And he left with a loud 'pop'.

Tonks shook her head and wondered where it had all come from. She had never thought of Remus romantically...Had she? She tried to think back to when she would stay with him and Sirius, drinking and sharing tales.

Yes. Perhaps she had. How foolish she had been not to notice it. From either of them. How foolish she had been not to notice the subtle hints from Sirius and how Remus would send him a icy glare of annoyance after.
He would think she was to young. She knew that much. He was such a gentleman. Always calm, always careful. Controlling himself and his movements.

She imagined she had scared him off. Or he had scared himself off. It would be tough work to coax him back and to make him believe she could handle whatever it was he was thinking. Even if it wouldn't mean a civil conversation, it would at least be interesting.

She smiled as she went to leave her room, glancing once more back at the picture of Sirius on her bedside table. How short and horrible life could be. She was going to learn a lesson from it, she swore, she was going to live.


"Remus, I understand you're grieving currently. We all are." Dumbledore looked to his old student, old employee, current Order member, the least human man Dumbledore had ever met, and not because of the inner wolf, but because Remus Lupin was all in all a true, and loyal person where most humans tended to betray to help themselves.

"I need a favor from you. Harry has a bit more of school. I would like you to stay here, in secret if you would be so kind, and watch him. He, I think, is grieving more than any of us."

Remus agreed to stay at the school and watch Harry without allowing Harry, under any circumstances but extreme emergency, to know he was being watched. Moody would have been Dumbledore's first choice, he was told, but he had a more pressing job for the man with the magic eye.

Now, Remus was just questioning his reasoning behind staying at the school.
Sign up to rate and review this story