Categories > Movies > Shrek > Crushing This Friendship Is Everything I Ever Wanted

When We Were Little, We Ditched All The Time

by 18th_Hole 0 reviews

Fiona and Charming go to the pub. When Charming touches Fiona the way Shrek feels uncomfortable with, what will happen to Fiona?

Category: Shrek - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2010-05-24 - Updated: 2010-05-24 - 882 words

0Unrated
Yes! I did it. I convinced him to come. I get to see Shrek. Wait, I shouldn't get too worked up about this. Charming will know something's up.
"Are you alright back there, darling?" I stopped? In the middle of the road, I stopped?
"Um, yes. I'm fine."
"Well, then, come along. We're meeting a friend. We wouldn't want to keep him waiting, now."
In the back, I whispered, "I'm meeting a friend...a best friend."
We walked into the pub, I looked around, "Well, here we are, Fiona. Now, what is it we're meeting?"
I spotted Shrek from across the room, I nudged Charming out of the way, "It's not what I'm meeting, it's who. I'll be back Charming-" he grabbed me by my waist.
"Not 'til after this dance." I sighed as we started to dance to the third verse to Love, Sex And Magic. I could see Shrek kept a good eye on Charming. Then, Charming started to move his hands up to my breasts. I turned around and slapped him, and he...slapped me back. He slapped me so hard, he knocked me to the ground. That's when Shrek appeared in front of me. And he punched Charming on the left side of his face. Some of his friends jumped in on it. And some of his other friends, helped me up from the ground.
Shrek managed to creep out of the fight, "Come on." He grabbed my arm, and we ran.
-
We ran and cannonballed into a lake. Not just any lake. A lake that's ours. Shrek and I have owned this lake since we were practically little kids.
Shrek was swimming on his back, and slowly, I caught him, "Sorry Fiona. Wasn't watching again."
"Shrek?"
"Yeah? You look miserable. What's wrong my gr-"
"Do you love me, Shrek?"
"What? Of course I do, Fiona."
"I don't mean as a friend."
He sat up in the water, "Oh. Is that it? Is that what all this is about?"
"W-what? What are you talking about?"
"Everything! Why would you ask me such a stupid question?! Huh? Do you expect me to say, 'Yes, I do love you, Fiona. With all of my fucking heart!' Sorry, but that'll never happen! I don't have a heart! You tore it yesterday. The day you could've actually changed. The day you got married to some...bum, that hits you, slaps you...who doesn't even love you, Fiona," he grabbed my shoulders, "Not as much as I do! No one, will EVER love you as much as I did."
"As much as you did?"
"..." I started to cry, "Oh! Come on Fiona. You know I didn't mean that." I slipped from his grasp, so easely, and sank myself far below the surface of the lake, "Fiona?...Fiona?! Fiona!!!" I heard him call. He swam down after me. Then, out of nowhere, I caught a cramp in my left leg, and sank even further. Oh no! I'm gonna drown. Shrek! Shrek. Shrek...Shrek. I felt him grab my waist, and pull me up to the surface, then all I could hear was, "Fiona! Fiona, please! Stay with me!" He pulled me onto the bank of the lake, "Wake up! Please!!" I could feel the air he constantly tried to breathe into me, but I couldn't move. "Fiona..." he, cried, "I love you. With all my heart that was mine, but you stole. The heart that still breathes." he placed his head on my stomach, "I'll breathe for you...just breathe for me now. I love you. I always have." I felt something change, inside of me. Inside of myself and inside of my stomach. I heard him gasp, "Fiona?" I turned my head and coughed up, what it seems, a gallon of water...opened my eyes, and looked back at Shrek. Who was on all fours hovering over me.
"Sh-Shrek? Are you alright?"
"I don't know. Are you?"
"Why would you ask that?" He helped me up, and led me to the reflection of the lake. I looked down, gasped, and turned back to Shrek, as if to hide my face from fear. Once I felt his warm arms wrap around me, I calmed down.
"What's wrong, Fiona?"
"That's not me." I whispered.
"What are you talking about? That is you," he pushed me away and held my face, "This, is, you."
"This isn't who you fell in love with, Shrek!"
"You heard that?" I nodded, "It doesn't matter what you look like. It's what's inside that counts." What's inside? Oh my gosh! I placed my hand over my mouth, "Fiona, what's wrong?" I removed my hand and vomitted into our lake. "Fiona!" He picked me up and ran me back to his home.
-
He layed me down on one side of his bed, then he brought me a damp towel to place on my forehead, but I decided not to. "Aw, come on Fiona."
"I don't want it."
"Then what do you want?!?"
"I want you here. Right now, when I need you."
"As you wish." We both lied on our right sides, and Shrek wrapped his arms around me. Yeah. This was it. This was everything I wanted. And now, I've finally got it, "Goodnight, Fiona."
"Hm. Goodnight...Shrek."
Sign up to rate and review this story