Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Meeting You

They Went Through

by ElizaBloodWay 0 reviews

It'll get better! Don't give up on me... writter block + stress going on. Don't give up on me please. Love ~ElizaBloodWay~

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Warnings: [R] - Published: 2010-05-30 - Updated: 2010-05-31 - 2059 words

0Unrated
Friday after School Gerard
“So where are we going?”
“Don’t know yet.”
“You know I never really do this…” She looked up at him watching his eyes concentrate on the road. He didn’t say anything just waited for her to speak. “Go hang out not knowing where I’m going.”
He half smiled, “Is there any excitement in your life Ellen? I mean have you ever done something unexpected?”
“Wait is this just a random drive, what if we get lost or something? I can’t have my mother worried or anything!” She messed her hair and brushed it back with her fingers.
Gerard smiled, “Whoa calm down. I’m sorry I didn’t mean to freak you out. And I know exactly where I’m taking you. She relaxed and took a deep breath in.
“Sorry,” she said while Gerard chuckled. He never saw someone so cute. Today she wore dark jeans and black t-shirt, covered with some red lipstick. Even though she wasn’t the ‘gothic’ girl anyone would pictured he’d be with she could have been.
“So tell me something, your drawings, they’re not normal.” She laughed more to herself.
“Nothing’s really –normal- anymore, I don’t even know what normal is.” Down to earth Ellen was now sitting in his car and Gerard, right now, couldn’t have been happier.
“True, but your group of friends is more normal than mine. They have their perfect compare to mine,” she sighed.
“It’s not always that perfect or that simple. I guess more ‘normal’ than your typical dramatic friends,” she joked, “Riley deals with this guy who doesn’t exactly abuse her, but she could do better without somebody getting drunk. Isn’t it bad enough her father does it?” She stared into space as she spoke, “And well Samantha I suppose she’s the –normal- you were looking for,” She finally looked at him, “Her parents are going through a nasty divorce actually.” He made a turn before letting her continue. “I didn’t mean to make it sound so un-severe because it’s pretty painful, but there’s crazier shit out there. Does that make any since, because I think the way I said it, it didn’t.” She looked at him and he could feel her looking at him.
“Yeah, I understand” He took a second to look at her. Her eyeliner was darkened since they’d left. She must have been adding makeup while he wasn’t paying attention. “You look nice,” he murmured.
“Thanks I really don’t like to overdo the makeup during school. I really prefer not making any sort of tittles until school ends, you know?”
“No good girl title huh?” She laughed.
“Am I being too loose for you?” She laughed and joked again, “I guess I just feel more like myself around you…” she said quietly looking at the road they were talking.
“Not at all, I kind of like it. And I sort of saw more in you. You know the –dark side of you-“He played back, “So why do you hide it from your friends and everyone else?”
“I don’t exactly hide myself…” Ellen watched Gerard’s eyebrows lift, “Ok, it’s just who wants a daughter who likes to paint crazy shit and covers it up with a smile. You know how I draw like two different things in class, the art work I show my mom and the art work I do for myself,” she said pretty quick, “And who wants friends who likes to just be alone most of the time regardless when you need them.” She watched him look back at her and then eyes back on the road. “I guess what I mean is I can’t be a disappointment, my father is enough.” Gerard enjoyed listing to her; it sounded like she never could tell anyone this, which made him feel good.
He didn’t ask about the father because it sounded too touchy right now so they sat in silence for a while. They weren’t too far away circa 20 minutes? The time went by fast. It was nice to have someone he could talk to. He went to turn on the radio.
Playing was “Iron Maiden” singing “Run to the Hills” as Gerard softly sang along it was irritating Ellen. It wasn’t until the middle of the song Gerard took a quick glance at her then lowered the volume. “Don’t like it?”
“Not at all, it actually is giving me a headache. Please turn it off,” she asked as he chuckled. “What does it do for you?”
“It’s not that bad once you get use to it,” she half smiled, “And it helps me?” he joked. “Nah I just like it. What kind of music do you like then?”
“Hum…. Well I like the carpenters” Ellen then started laughing hard.
“What?” She tried hard to stop laughing.
“My mom plays that a lot actually.” She smiled while she talked. “And it’s kind of cute how it catches on, you know?”
“Yeah,” He said thinking.
Once they pulled in the entrance Ellen focused on the scenery. “Gerard it’s…”
“I know, you brought your sketch pad right,” she saw the already a beautiful view. It was outrageous. She watched in amazement.
“Yeah,” she said not really paying attention.
“Great Swan National Wildlife Refuge here we are,”
“I actually never have been here before…” By the time she knew it she had her hopped out of the car and open the got her sketch pad from her backpack. They ended up staying for a couple of hours just drawing but eventually, as they do say, all that’s good must come to an end. She love watching the birds and the grass grow, it was a small heaven, and she didn’t want to go.
“I must say this was nice,” She smiled. Her tummy then grumbled and she laughed in embracement.
“I guess I have to get you to a restaurant.”
“I was have such a good time I forgot about my hunger,”
“Don’t worry I’m hungry too.”

Ellen
He looked so pleased to be around her and even she notices that. They talked about all sorts of things music to past to future to interest. “So,” she said twisting her napkin and ting it into a bow, “what kind of girl are you into?” It was so random yet she felt comfortable.
“Well I’m not easily impressed really,”
“Yes you are if you’re into me,” she joked.
“Really there’s more to you, which makes you impressing.” He said confident.
“And who said I’m letting you in?” she rose her eyebrows.
“Nobody,” Gerard removed his hand from the table onto his lab and flashed a smile, “But I got a feeling you might.” She smiled. Something about this felt right for once?
“So why did you move and change schools…” Then he frowned ashamed. “It’s ok we don’t have to talk about this…” He still didn’t speak. They sat in silence until the waitress came by. She was tall and thin, red hair tied up, and looked pretty young, early twenties perhaps?
“Hello I’m June your waitress tonight. Can I get you something to drink?” Ellen looked up at her and then Gerard.
“I’ll take a coke, and…” he asked raising an eyebrow. June smiled at him.
“Water, I’ll take water…”
“Tap or bottle?” June smile’s fated writing their orders down and looked back up to see Ellen’s unimpressed look.
“Surprise me,” June’s smile fated completely by now. What was her problem?
Gerard and Ellen looked at the menu. “Hum, I think I’ll go with the a pizza. See anything you like?”
“Spaghetti and meatballs? Pasta with spaghetti sauce?” Gerard chucked and just before Ellen could join she felt her phone vibrate. “Could I just…” Gerard gave the ok sign and she opened her phone.
Gerard
“Oh crap” she said shaking her head, “5 miss calls and 3 of them are from Alex…”
“And?”
“Well he doesn’t really like when he doesn’t know where I am… big brother thing I guess? He left me 2 voicemails just say I’d better get here right now or I’m in ‘big trouble.’” Ellen sighed and continued, “I love him and all but sometimes he tries to be the father I never had… You know?”
Gerard looked at her, while she had her phone to her ears, and smiled, “What?” She asked.
“Nothing.”
“Alex, stop freaking out. I’m not alone.” She said quietly not forgetting that they’re in a restaurant.
“No, with Ger—“Gerard could almost hear Alex through the other end which made him a bit anxious.
“Because I felt like it...” Pause.
“No, she’s not wit—“ Gerard could hear Alex cut Ellen off.
“Can you just listen for a moment?” she said annoyed.
“She is with Candy”
“And I didn’t tell ma—“
“Ugh I know.”
“And where are you” pause.
“Fine, fine. Whatever, bye.” Click.
Ellen looked at him in an amazingly annoyed way. “Sorry…”
“It’s ok,” he said understanding where Alex was coming from.
“By the way, you’re on Alex’s shit list now…” she smiled.
“Oh great,” he said, “why again?”
“Well he’s pissed off at you because he thinks you’re doing the same thing Jake was ‘trying to do’” he started laughing a bit.
“You know I wouldn’t,” Ellen flashed a smile and looked down.
“Of course,” June came back with the two drinks and took out her pen and paper.
“Are you ready to order?” Gerard looked and Ellen who nodded her head. He looked back at her unimpressed.
“Yeah I’ll take a cheese pizza and she’ll—“Ellen opened her mouth to cut him off.
“I’ll take spaghetti and meatballs,” June nodded and didn’t look up at Ellen, only at Gerard.
“Anything else sir?” she batted her eyes.
“No we’re,” he paused and moved his index finger at her then himself to her, “are fine.”
June frowned, “Ok then,” she then made her way back to the kitchen.
Ellen shook her head and lifted her eyebrows, “We know who’s going to be the rock start in the future, the one everyone would die for huh? Don’t you think?” Ellen joked.
“You’re so funny,” Gerard pushed his hair back and enjoyed the evening with her.
They got back a little before 8:30 while the stars were already out, and guess who had been waiting for Ellen? Gerard said his goodbyes and left as soon as she went in.
“What the hell where you thinking Ellen?” Jake asked defensively.
“I was thinking I’d have some fun, and mission accomplished, so goodnight.” She said making her way passed him.
“Moms looking for you,” she looked back and then continued. Instead of going right she went to the left where her mother’s room was and opened the door. She was sitting down and reading.
“Hi mama,” she looked up from her book and took her glasses off to smile.
“Hello sweaty, how are you?” She closed the door from behind her and sat on the end of her bed.
“Fine, Alex said—“
“You’re fine and that’s what counts,” she smiled. There was a small pause before anyone else spoke, “so was he nice?”
“Yeah, a friendly friend,” she rose an eyebrow.
“Just a friend,” her mother asked.
“Yeah mama,”
“Okay, okay, whatever,”
“Hey mama, Alex really needs to relax,”
“Well honey, he’s just looking out for you, your father never did,” Ellen frowned.
“I hate him!” she looked up at her mother, “Dad I mean, I wish I wasn’t a part of him! I hat—“
“Don’t say that sweaty,”
“Why not?”
“Because he gave me you,” here eyes loosen up. “No matter what he did to me…” she put her book down, “he still gave me you,” she smiled at Ellen so her face would ease up. “Now give me that beautiful smile you always have on,” so she did.
“Mom, I love you,” she hugged.
“I do too,” she hugged back, “more than you could ever imagine.
Sign up to rate and review this story