Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Before Day Breaks

Before Day Breaks

by Mo_Was_Here 5 reviews

Some things are meant to thrive in the dark, but when light is thrust into the black, myths and legends come alive.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Horror,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [V] [X] [?] - Published: 2010-06-01 - Updated: 2010-06-02 - 4732 words

4Exciting
Chapter 1- Walk Alone


Scarlett’s mind was awake, but her body was asleep. She could feel the night falling outside her coffin, and took a deep breath of the night air. She felt safe and strong, like an ox in the hour of the fight. She could not be hurt now; she could live. Scarlett’s eyes flicked open to the blackness of the inside of her coffin, immediately her eyes adjusted and the small space seemed lighter. She glanced down at her lean body, adjusting the red satin blouse she had on before pushing the top of the coffin open with ease. The smell of pine trees, fresh blood, and dust rushed into her nostrils and she sat up. She softness of the silk inside the coffin brushed against her fingers and she climbed from it and gracefully let her feet hit the floor. She closed the door to her haven and looked around the dark room. She had always liked wood houses, the wood floorings and walls and ceilings made it feel and smell earthy to her. The earth was where she belonged and where she could thrive the most; the earth was every vampire’s element. The room was still and she sniffed the air carefully, nothing had come in the room while she slept. She glanced around at her belongings for a moment, a picture of her father while he was still thriving, her bed just for props, a small dresser full of clothing, and the tiny humming refrigerator stocked full with human blood. Her mouth watered slightly, but she turned away from it walking slowly out of the room enjoying the feeling of the wood floors against her heels. She opened the door to her bedroom and entered the hallway, she smelt her father in the room just down the hall and in a flash of wind she was at his door pushing it open and closing it before her stepmother could see.

Whoosh, click, swish, click, beep, whoosh. Scarlett had the sounds of the machines working to keep her father awake memorized. She ran her hand against the wooden wall and found the light switch; she turned it on dim and stared at her father. He lay still on the gurney she had stolen from the hospital, along with the machinery, the white blankets laying like snow against his even paler skin. Scarlett was next to him in an instant, putting her hand over his and holding it gently. He was getting worse everyday and soon she would have to let him go forever. Her father was the last thing Scarlett had to care about, she lost her two sisters and her mother before she had even become a vampire and her father had been unconscious for nearly a decade. She had no one else to be on earth for; when her father’s presence was taken from her she couldn’t bare to see him leave forever, so she kept the empty shell of his body with her. She brought of inside of his palm to her face and kissed it gently, she smell of dying blood and inhumanly poison erupted in her nostrils and she carefully put his hand back down. She missed her father and hated walking the world alone. Scarlett brushed her deep burgundy hair over her shoulder and smiled at him gently, it was amazing how similar her father and her were. They had the same hair color, high cheekbones, and cupids-bow lips. Before they were forced into vampirism they both had the same gray eyes. He didn’t look a day past forty-five, and yet when he was changed he was just about to turn fifty. Scarlett sighed, her eye catching a piece of lint floating effortlessly through the air and watched it until it gently faded away.

Suddenly her head jerked up as she heard the whisper of feet against the hallway flooring. She was instantly at the door and jerked it open, so hard it fell off the hinges and collided with the wall. She let go of the metal doorknob that had crumpled under her grip and didn’t flinch when the door came tumbling loudly to the ground.

“What do you want?” She asked through her gritted teeth at the small woman outside the door. Her stepmother smiled up at her, Scarlett despised that smile more than she despised the human race. Lydia held out a steaming cup of violet blood, Scarlett watched as it swooshed in the coffee mug and the air swirled from the heat it was emitting. Her lips curled back in disgust at her stepmothers ease about blood. Lydia drank blood like an alcoholic, Scarlett wished she would stop it altogether so it would be easier to kill her off, but like an addict Lydia always had a drink in hand.

“I can’t bring my daughter breakfast and visit my husband?” She asked sweetly as she moved past Scarlett and in a flash of motion was at her father’s side.

Scarlett let out a small growl from the back of her throat, her lips curling inward and her fangs flashing dangerously, “You sick whore, you know damn well I am not your daughter and he never loved you.”

“That may be, but I’ll be with you two until I die,” Lydia laughed obnoxiously, “Oh wait, I cant die! Looks like you’re stuck with me forever, honey,” She giggled before pulling up a stiff plastic chair and placed one of the coffee cups on the gurney next to her fathers motionless hand. Lydia took a sip from her mug and placed a hand on her softly shaven leg, the small blue dress rode up her thigh to reveal more pale, flawless skin. Lydia threw her long platinum blonde hair over her shoulder and twirled a piece of it between her fingers. Scarlett couldn’t guess Lydia’s age anymore, it seemed the more blonde she drank the younger she looked. Lydia looked almost as old as she was, and when she first met Lydia she definitely looked her fathers age.

“Well what are you staring at? Don’t you have to go to work?” Lydia asked in her smug tone. Scarlett scowled at her then turned and walked down the hallway again and into the kitchen, she heard Lydia’s laughter loud and clear as she pulled open the refrigerator and grabbed a clear packet of crimson. She dashed across the kitchen and pulled a stainless steel water bottle out from under the cupboard and took the cap off without twisting it. Scarlett ripped the top of the baggie off and poured it into the bottle then walked over to the sink. She threw away the empty bag, then turned on the fosset. Scarlett filled the empty volume of the container with water then slammed the cap back on, leaving a small dent in the bottle and shook it.

She took the top back off and took a large sip, letting the beautiful taste of human blood dance in her mouth before swallowing it and wiping her mouth. Scarlett put the cap back on then ran to the bathroom. She hated going to the bathroom every morning, Scarlett carefully turned the lights onto a dim again she peeked into the bathroom and glanced around at the deep orange walls and porcelain toilet before turning to look at the mirror. She sighed in frustration, she put her hand up against the mirror and pushed gently, the mirror cracked but she still couldn’t see her reflection. Scarlett closed her eyes and brought her hand down to her side again. Scarlett shook her shoulders and opened her eyes, pulling open a drawer. She looked around her assortment of colored contacts and chose brown for the day, then without even trying she put them in her eyes and blinked until she could see the like molecules and bonds of the lenses. She opened the door that connected her room and the bathroom and was at the dresser with her work clothes in a moment, she opened it and pulled out her deep purple scrubs, she pulled them on and within seconds was out the front door of her apartment and was walking down the steps onto the cement sidewalk.

Scarlett walked swiftly down the empty road, keeping a fast pace as she walked towards the hospital, when suddenly a scent so strong hit her nose she stopped. Scarlett took a deep breath, her shoulders slumping as she recognized the smell, she looked up and he stood across the road from her. He was staring at her, his lips curled back and his fangs full in his mouth. He was glowing, his bleached blonde hair and paper white skin standing out against the night. Only two vampires she knew of lived in New Jersey, herself and Temperance McConnell. The vampire hissed loudly and Scarlett put her left arm across her chest, the signal that meant she wasn’t going to fight for dominance. The male ran his tongue over his teeth and his fangs sank back into his gums, then like a breath of wind he disappeared. Scarlett let out an aggravated sigh, travelers did come and go through the small town, but she hated the ones who came and ate half the towns population. Scarlett glanced up at the sky, dammit, she thought to herself, he made me late for work.

~~~

“You’re late,” Temperance said in her singsong voice as she danced gracefully around the autopsy room. Temperance giggled lightly and twirled around, her soft brown hair floating in the air around her.

“You’ve begun to irritate me, Temperance, and I only just came in,” Scarlett said as she moved past Temperance and over to the sterilization sinks. Temperance giggled and in a flash was standing next to her, turning on the fosset and plunging her hand under the water before it even began to come flowing out.

“Scarlett! Thank gosh you’re here!” Kaydon squealed as he ran over to them holding a stack of papers in his hands, his floppy brown hair falling into his eyes. “The printer broke! So I had to fill out all the body preservation papers by hand! It took me two hours!”

Scarlett let out a sigh, “Did you check the ink?” She asked as she turned to Temperance who had just finished washing her hands and slipped two silicon gloves on Scarlett’s hands.

“Yes! And I checked the printer tray and the plug thingy and everything else! Our printers kaput!” Kaydon squealed in his high girly voice.

“Jeesh, Kay, act anymore gay and you’ll make us look like men,” Temperance giggled. Scarlett shook her head and helped Temperance with her gloves.

“Just put the papers by the computer and I’ll have a janitor take care of it, chances are its really not broken and you just wasted two hours of your life,” Scarlett said and walked over to the refrigerated storage cabinets. Kaydon whimpered and then scampered from the room.

“So what do we have today? Anything exciting?” Temperance asked as Scarlett grabbed the clipboard hanging from the wall and read it.

“Nope, ‘cause of death: nature,’” Scarlett read aloud as she walked over to the cabinets then pulled one open, it slid open without another pull and made a metal bang as it collided with the inside of the steel cabinet, preventing the body drawer from coming out anymore.

Temperance was instantly at Scarlett’s side, “Ew gross, I bet he’s all wrinkly,” She said with a giggle. Scarlett ignored her comment and handed her the clipboard right as Kaydon came running back in the room.

“Kaydon, get me a clean body table, would you?” Scarlett asked. Kaydon, startled by her sudden request, stopped his fast walk and tripped over his own feet, falling to the floor. “Don’t you dare start bleeding, you know how Temperance gets when you get a cut,” Scarlett warned.

“I can’t help bleeding!” Kaydon squealed as he stood up, “But if you make me a vampire we’ll never have this issue…” Kaydon drifted off and he glanced between the two girls.

“Nice try, now get me that body table,” Scarlett said demandingly. Kaydon huffed angrily to himself before getting the table and wheeling it over to them. Temperance moved the table into place and Scarlett grabbed the bag pulling it without using much strength and the body fell onto the metal table with a dull thud.

“Scarlett!” Kaydon gasped, “Have some respect for the dead!”

“Honey, I am dead get used to it,” Scarlett said as she moved the table over under the examiner lights.

“Now, Scarlett, Kaydon’s right! We should respect this guys body, I mean who knows he was someone’s Papa,” Temperance said with a small nod and a quick batter of her eyelashes.

“How do you know if it’s a guy?” Kaydon asked, looking down at the body that was still wrapped in the black body bag.

“Hm,” Temperance rubbed her chin, then quickly reached forward and grabbed the part of the body that seemed to be the corpse’s lower region.

“Oh gosh, Tempy! Don’t feel up a dead guy! That’s gross!” Kaydon shouted.

Temperance pulled her hand away and giggled, “Yup, it’s a guy,” She said with a small laugh.

“You’re disgusting,” Scarlett said. Suddenly she heard the clicking of boots against the tile from down the hall, then a breeze of cologne and warm blood rushed into her nose. She took a deep breath of it, she loved his smell, but hated his soul.

“Oh gosh, I know that look! Dr. Taylor is coming isn’t he? Oh crap, do I look all right? I forgot to comb my hair this morning!” Kaydon said nervously and he began pacing, Scarlett and Temperance smiled at each other and Dr. Taylor came walking into the morgue.

“Good morning,” Dr. Taylor greeted them in his deep voice. Temperance let out a soft sigh and stared at Dr. Taylor. Scarlett said hello and looked away. Dr. Taylor was one of the best-looking human beings she had ever seen, but he was also very cocky. He smelt delicious and looked beautiful, but Scarlett hated him. Dr. Taylor walked over to the three and turned on the bright examination lights. Temperance and Scarlett flinched for a half second before regaining their poise.

“You’re scrubs look good today, Temperance,” Dr. Taylor commented, Temperance smiled at him then looked down at her attire as to see if it was true, Dr. Taylor smiled. “You look beautiful as always Scarletta,” He said quietly using the name Scarlett put down for a cover up and glanced at Kaydon who was near hyperventilation. “So let’s see what we’re in for today,” He said as he took the zipper from the side of the body bag and pulled it down, throwing the other side of the bag off the edge and staring down at the man in just his briefs.

“Where’s the overview?” He asked, instantly Kaydon whipped out the clipboard and shoved it in Dr. Taylor’s direction.

Dr. Taylor smiled, “Always eager, I like that about you, uh, kid,” He said then glanced down to read the board.

Scarlett threw Kaydon a warning look, “Why don’t you go see if the printers working again, Kaydon, I need those body preservation papers,” She said. Kaydon frowned at her.

“All right, Scarletta,” He said with a moody twitch of his head, before trotting into the back office.

’Cause of death: nature,’ I hate it when they put that down and the autopsy hasn’t even been performed. This guy could have died from small pox for all they know!” Dr. Taylor said with a roll of his eyes as he put the clipboard on the props table. The air conditioner above them turned on and the light swoosh of air brushed Dr. Taylor’s ebony hair out of his face and brought the smell of shampoo running into the vampires system. Scarlett clenched her jaw at the amazing scent.

“Well let’s start now,” Scarlett said, “Temperance can you get me the knives you sharpened last night?” Temperance nodded then scurried away, Dr. Taylor began washing his hands and once Temperance had brought them their tools Dr. Taylor had his gloves on and plucked a scalpel off the tray she was holding.

Dr. Taylor reached down and pressed the knife against the corpses skin, “Can I help?” Temperance burst out before he could even press hard enough to break skin.

“Temperance! Never speak loudly or erratically when a forensic examiner is about to make an incision! What is your title exactly?” Scarlett spat out at her. Temperance looked shocked at her request. Dr. Taylor stopped what he was doing and looked up at them.

“Assistant morgue technician,” She said softly. Scarlett nodded taking the tray of tools from her hands and placing it next to her on the props table.

“I am the head morgue technician here, I think we can handle this without you and your outbursts,” Scarlett said hotly. Temperance’s jaw dropped slightly, Scarlett was harsh and cruel but she almost never made anyone leave the autopsy room.

“Are you serious? Scarletta this isn’t fair! I asked one question-“

“Don’t talk back to higher authorities, Temperance, you can be fired for that. Now you should do what Doctor Scarletta told you, it would be a wise move,” Dr. Taylor interrupted her. Temperance’s jaw tightened before she nodded, glancing swiftly at Dr. Taylor and walking quickly from the room.

Scarlett looked at Dr. Taylor a moment, before he bent down again to the corpse and began where he left off. “Thank you, for backing me up,” Scarlett said softly.

“Young techs need to learn their place in the morgue, you’re her advisor and mentor, she has to listen to you,” Dr. Taylor said quietly as he ran the scalpel down the corpse’s chest. “But, if you don’t want the reputation of an ‘evil, physco bitch’ then I would lay back on all the biting peoples heads off.” Scarlett was stunned by what he had said. She knew she wasn’t like by all in her work place and assumed they talked badly about her, but she didn’t know how badly.

Dr. Taylor looked up and caught her expression and chuckled, “Heard it from the interns, I don’t think you’re that bad at all. In fact, I was wondering if after work we could go get a coffee or something? Maybe a donut? Well actually you don’t look like a donut kind of person.”

Scarlett raised her eyebrow and helped him move back the skin on the torso, “What exactly does a ‘donut person’ look like?”

Dr. Taylor looked up and laughed, “You’re beautiful, Scarletta, I mean it every time I say it.”

Scarlett’s body registered the hormone’s he was sending her way, “Are you trying to get me to have sex with you, Dr. Taylor? Because I do believe that’s highly inappropriate at a work place.”

He laughed again and discarded the scalpel onto a tray, pulling out a plastic scooping tool and poked at the stomach and liver, “Not at all, I only asked for a coffee date. So what do you say?” He asked expectantly, keeping his eyes on the corpse beneath him. Scarlett read his expression, the light blush staining his cheeks. She could feel the small quivers in his knees and she smirked to herself.

“That’s highly unlikely, Dr. Taylor. I like to keep my love life separate from my work life,” She said. He stiffened for only a moment, but Scarlett caught it, she smelt all his blood running to his face.

“By the end of the month, Scarlett, you’ll be in a coffee house with me,” He said, and with that he scooped the liver out of the corpse’s body with one hand.

~~~

“I can’t believe you said no! He’s gorgeous! What the hell is wrong with you?” Temperance asked as they walked out of the hospital basement and onto the cold pavement again. Kaydon held open the swinging glass door for them and then scurried after the two girls who began walking faster than a normal human. Kaydon ran to keep up and hear their conversation.

“I don’t like humans, they’re disgusting! All they do is make fictitious lies and start drama just to entertain their pointless lives! Why would I date one?” Scarlett threw back at her.

“Hey! I’m not disgusting! I don’t lie either!” Kaydon burst out as he fought to keep his coat snug against him.

“Well everyone except you,” Temperance said to him. “But Scarlett, come on! Having sex with human boys is amazing! Even better than with vampires.”

“You disgust me,” Scarlett said with a roll of her eyes.

“That seems to be your word of the day! I’m just living my undead life the fun way, you should try it instead of moping around all day and cutting up really dead people all night!” Temperance squealed.

“Hey guys,” Kaydon said as he stopped, panting softly as he caught his breath, “This is my stop, Tempy call me later?” He asked. Temperance nodded and Kaydon smiled before waving and running up the cold stairs to his apartment building.

“I don’t know why or how you said no, he’s hott!” Temperance exploded as they continued walking. Scarlett let out a sigh and ignored her. “Scarlett get a life, go get coffee with the guy!”

“Temperance, I’m done discussing this, now I do believe you missed your street,” Scarlett said. Temperance stopped walking, but Scarlett continued on.

“GET A BOYFRIEND YOU WHORE!” She shouted and Scarlett heard her giggle then sprint down the block and to her house.

Scarlett let the morning darkness surround her and comfort her as she kept walking down the street. To humans it was cold outside, but to her she felt fine walking down the street in nothing but her scrubs. It was almost three hours until sunrise and the air was soft with dew, it was peaceful and one of the things Scarlett liked most about taking night shifts. No one was going to disturb her while she walked, the world was asleep while she and Temperance we alive and wandering.

Suddenly she heard the sound of a muffled shout, the honey scent of blood erupted in the air and Scarlett’s senses were instantly overrun with the need to feed. Someone was bleeding, she sniffed the air and bit back the urge to find the human and drink. The blood was warm, honey-like and delicious smelling, then she caught the putrid scent of inhumanly poison slipping into the veins of beautiful crimson. Scarlett’s eyes shot open in horror, not only was someone bleeding but someone was feeding.

“Temperance!” Scarlett shouted, but she was greeted by silence, it wasn’t her friend. Scarlett didn’t know who, she started running towards the smell of it, and as she quickly turned a corner she saw him. His bleached blonde hair fell over his face as he attached his mouth to the neck of an innocent, squirming victim. Scarlett crouched over, her fangs bared and she leapt at the male. She ripped his mouth away from the victim and tackled him into the hard ground of an empty alley.

Quickly she leapt up and held the man in her hand by his neck, “You don’t feed here! Not in this town! If you want to feed, find some other place, we don’t allow it and if you do it again, I’ll kill you personally.” The male hissed loudly at her and Scarlett threw him against a dumpster, the sound of the crash sounding like a gun shot in the still air.

The male stood up and wiped the victims blood off his face, “Damn you human lovers! When Rusalki comes back to power, all you human lovers will be sent straight to hell!” He shouted at her, Scarlett shook her head at his foolishness.

“Go now, never come back,” Scarlett warned. He hissed at her again.

Chvála a láska k Rusalki,” The male hissed at Scarlett. Scarlett nodded to him and within a blink of an eye he had climbed up the side of the brick building and sprinted away from her.

Chvála a láska k Rusalki,” She whispered after him. Scarlett closed her eyes, she wasn’t a human lover, she hated humans. But she hated killing them with her whole heart. A strangled groan came from behind her and Scarlett was torn from her thoughts. Instantly she was by the victim’s side. Blood was dripping from the bite marks in his neck and the crimson drops were mixed with the deep purple poison that flowed freely within her own veins.

“Shit,” She muttered as she pressed her fingers to his neck to try and stop some of the bleeding.

He groaned out in pain and tossed his head around, Scarlett pushed his head away so she could see the bite marks properly and bent her head down close to him. He flinched and tried to push her away. Scarlett ignored his petty attempts and instead of making a scene on the side of the street she quickly picked him up and carried him further into the empty alley before placing him on the ground.

“Lindsey…” He mumbled incoherently.

As he shook his head again, his dark black hair getting covered in dirt and leaves from the ground. Scarlett tilted his head again and bent down. She looked at the bite marks and groaned, he was to infected to just get a miliprophien shot. Scarlett took a deep breath before sinking her teeth into the exact same spot. Almost immediately he screamed out in pain and tried to shove her away from him. Scarlett placed her weight down on him and he struggled restlessly under him as she sucked harshly on the wound. She cringed at the terrible taste of another vampires poison. The man screamed again before Scarlett took one last long suck from his blood stream until she tasted pure blood and then she pulled away from him.

She watched as he whimpered quietly and curled into a ball against the pavement. She stared at him, the hesitantly reached out a hand and pushed his long black hair out of his face. He began shaking and Scarlett pulled her hand away, he was beautiful. He didn’t taste any different than other humans, he didn’t smell different, but there was something about him that left her stunned. She glanced around and found his wallet sitting next to him, she grabbed it and flipped it open. He had a couple twenties, a Piggly Wiggly membership card, and his driver’s license. Gerard Way, she read, what a strange last name. She shook her head then glanced down at him. Scarlett stood up, putting his wallet in her pocket and leaning down picking him up in her arms again and carrying his shaking body back to her apartment.

~~~



So let’s see how this turns out. Yes, no, maybe so? o.O Rate’s and review’s would be nice. Actually you know what? I don’t care if you don’t rate and review because chances are I’m still going to update whether you like it or not. Freedom of speech, right? Right. So yeah don’t rate and review if you don’t feel like it. I won’t ask again because well… to be honest I don’t care. I love feedback and its nice to get but, hey, if you don’t want to rate and review by all means don’t. Wow, that felt good to rant lmfao. For all of you who don’t know what Chvála a láska k Rusalki means, it’s ‘Praise and love Rusalki.’ And all of you who are confused, you’ll understand soon. (:
Sign up to rate and review this story