Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Before Day Breaks

Dos; Zwei; Deux

by Mo_Was_Here 3 reviews

Here we are again, I feel the chemicals kicking in.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance,Sci-fi - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2010-06-14 - Updated: 2010-06-14 - 7150 words

2Exciting
Big thank you for those who rated/reviewed. Love y'all! Oh and for some reason my computer had a seizure and messed up the format in some places? Wtf? I have no idea...

Chapter Two- Animal


“Lydia!” Scarlett shouted as she walked into her apartment and kicked the door shut. Gerard was now shaking violently in her arms and she sprinted down the hall and kicked open the door to her father’s infirmary.

“Oh you’ve brought dinner,” Lydia said as she appeared in the doorway holding a wine glass full to the brim with red liquid. Scarlett shifted to hold Gerard in one arm and pushed equipment and IV bags off the metal table next to her father’s bed and laid Gerard gently down onto it. “Well I think I’ll take it from here,” Lydia said as she put her hand on his bicep.

Scarlett hissed at her, “Don’t touch him.” Lydia looked up in surprise and laughed at her stepdaughter.

“You have feelings for this one? Or do you just hate me?” Lydia asked laughing again before dragging her pointer finger down his biceps and breaking skin, leaving a long bleeding wound. Lydia took a deep breath, her already scarlet eyes turning an even darker red. “He smells delish,” She whispered.

The pure red blood that flowed from the wound mesmerized Scarlett, she wanted to lean forward and drink from him. Lydia laughed again, “You can’t resist it can you, honey?” Scarlett snapped out of her thirst and was shocked to find that she was hovering over him on her hands and knees, her mouth dangerously close to the cut. Scarlett leapt off of him and stood beside the table.

“Go away, Lydia,” She said quietly, shocked that she had let herself loose control. Lydia smiled at her, putting her now half full wine glass on the table that held up Gerard’s body and leaving the room without another room. Scarlett exhaled, grabbing the glass and downing it in a quick second.

Gerard groaned and moved slightly on the metal table. Scarlett was at the other side of the room and searching around inside a cabinet, she found a miliprophien shot and a roll of gauze then instantly she was back at the squirming male’s side. She took damp, sterilized towel and wiped his neck and arm before wrapping the gauze carefully around the two wounds. She then took the miliprophien shot and without even looking to find his vein she stuck it in his arm, she felt the metal pierce his vein and she knew she had hit it. She pushed the syringe down and the blue liquid down into his arm. Gerard whimpered and tossed his head again, his eyes tight shut. Scarlett threw the towel and empty syringe away into the trashcan next to her father’s bed.

“Lindsey… help… it hurts…” He whined in his sleep. Scarlett stood and watched him whine and flinch in his sleep until finally his eyes fluttered open a crack. Scarlett took a step back, waiting for his eyes to focus on her, when they finally did his eyes shot open wide and he moved back quickly on the metal table.

“No!” Scarlett said and without thinking she moved at inhuman speed and was at his side, “You’re safe, I promise you with my life. I’m not going to hurt you.”

“What the hell is going on? Where am I?” He asked. His voice cracked and he sounded like he had just gotten over strep throat.

“You’re at my apartment.” She said without thinking again. He tried to sit up, but his chest quivered and he fell back against the metal table. Scarlett reached out to help him, but quickly retracted her hand. He breathed heavily and looked around the room, he jumped as he saw Scarlett’s lifeless father not three feet from him.

“Why am I here?” He asked, his voice shaking as much as he was.

“You got hurt,” Scarlett quickly thought up a lie, “You fell down, I was there and my house was closer than the hospital. You bled a lot, so I brought you here. You should be alright.” She added as the look of fear in his eyes grew.

“I have to get home, my wife is probably scared shitless,” He said moving to sit up again. Scarlett helped him this time, grabbing under his armpits and pulling him up. He made a small grunt and Scarlett let go, he sat up straight and took deep breaths.

“Christ, make a guy feel like a pussy,” He groaned again, “Damn, I feel like I got nailed by a car. You sure I just fell down?” He asked as he rubbed at the gauze on his neck.

Scarlett nodded, “Hey don’t touch the wrap, you might make it bleed again,” She said. Gerard nodded taking his hand away from his neck, he swallowed thickly and Scarlett heard the saliva find its way down his throat then to his esophagus.

“I need to get going,” He said. Scarlett watched as he slowly swung his legs around the edge of the table and put his feet on the ground. He stood up straight then his knees buckled and he fell. Immediately Scarlett caught him and brought him up straight again, putting him back onto the table. Gerard let out a frustrated sigh, “Who the hell are you anyways? I don’t know your name or where the hell I am, other than I’m at your house. Are you going to sell me into prostitution or something? I have a wife and a kid who I need to take care of.”

Scarlett cracked a smile; “I’m not going to sell you into sex slavery. I was just helping you, and pardon me for not introducing myself. I’m Scarlett, Scarlett Uhreta. The address on this apartment is 37526 Arrehenius Drive . I’m a morgue technician at St. Henry’s Hospital. I live with my stepmother and as you can see, my father’s in a coma. Anything else you’d like to know?” She asked with her eyebrow raised.

Gerard shook his head. As he looked up at her fully, he blinked in surprise as his eyes became less blurry and he saw her truly for the first time. He was at a loss for words at her beauty. Her long, burgundy hair was swept over her shoulder and her face was sharp, but gorgeous.

“You’re beautiful,” He whispered softly. Scarlett laughed lightly at his comment and was sure if she were human, she would be blushing. His mouth fell open as he realized what he had said, “Oh damn, I mean, uh, sorry…”

“Uh, so I’m Gerard Way, erm I’m a graphic novelist, I live just down the street from you I guess, I’m married and have a baby girl, uh so yeah,” He said nervously.

Scarlett nodded, a part of her felt disappointed with the answer she got, he was married. “We should get you back to your house.” Gerard swallowed again and the noise resonated in her ears.

He shifted half way off the table, “I don’t think I can stand,” He said slowly, an embarrassed blush staining his cheeks.

Scarlett nodded hesitantly, "Can I help you?" She asked. Gerard took a deep soothing breath, and then deciding he wouldn't be able to stand by himself, he mumbled his response.

Scarlett leaned closer pulling him fully off the metal table as she slid her arm around his shoulders and put one hand on his waist. She stood still for a moment, letting him get used to the feeling of standing up then carefully she began moving towards the door. Gerard groaned with every step and Scarlett felt the need to lift him up and carry him all the way to his house.

"Would you let me carry you?" She asked as he groaned again and bit down hard on his bottom lip.

"No, I wouldn't like to be demoralized any further."

Scarlett cocked her head at him as they made their way into the small hallway. "How is me helping you demoralizing?"

Gerard grunted, "I'm being carried around by a woman, I do believe this is where my defensive masculine attitude comes in. I'm a man, I am not supposed to be taken care of."

Scarlett's temper flared at his words, he was a man was he? She let go of him, sliding her arms out and crossing them on her chest. He stumbled catching onto the doorknob of the front closet before he went tumbling to the ground.

"What the hell was that for?!" He shouted as he fought to stay upright.

"You're manly enough, I think you can make it back to your house by yourself," Scarlett said hotly. He grunted, pushing hard onto the doorknob and forcing himself up, his eyes were shut tight in pain as he wobbled in place. “You need my help, so stick you’re ‘defensive masculine attitude’ up your ass before I put it there for you.”

He let out a strangle breath of air, “Fuck, why do you care that much about my damn attitude?”

Scarlett smirked, “I hate humans,” She whispered quietly before grabbing him again and hauling him back up into a standing position. He kept his mouth shut and put the majority of his weight on her, he watched her carefully as she basically carried him out of the apartment and into the morning air. No matter how much of his body weight he put on her she didn’t stumble, he hated to admit it, but she was stronger than he was. He took a deep, cool breath of the morning air. Scarlett flinched as the sun peaked slightly over the edge of the trees. Gerard caught the small movement.

“Are you alright?” He asked as they made their way down the sidewalk. Scarlett nodded without speaking, throwing nervous glances at the east sky. Gerard continued to watch her and noticed that she was beginning to walk faster and faster down the street. “I live in that apartment right there,” He said using his strong arm to point at the small brick house only a few meters away.

Scarlett ignored his comment, but continued down the street then helped him up the sidewalk to his house. She listened to the beat of his heart and his stomach gurgling and processing its contents until finally she heard the small bond connection of the miliprophien shot and his stomach acids.

“Woah,” He said suddenly, clutching his stomach. “I don’t feel good.”

“Don’t worry it’s just a side effect,” She said slowly then reaching out a hand and knocking on the hard wooden door.

“Side effect of what?’ He asked then let out a loud burp, “Oh, uh excuse me.” He said rubbing his chest.

“I gave you a miliprophien shot,” Scarlett said, listening softly as he heard the beat of a heart quicken slightly from a room upstairs in the house.

“What’s that?” He asked, bending over as the pain in his stomach doubled.

“It has many uses, it’s generally used when a vampire bites a human to feed, the vampire gives the human the shot once he or she is done and any infection that may have gotten into the humans blood stream will be killed. Also it’s used for a memory wipe, clean slate, you know?” Scarlett said nonchalantly.

Gerard stood dumbfounded, “Did you just say vampires?” He asked slowly.

“Yup,” She said, popping the ‘p’ just like Temperance did, “Don’t worry, you’ll forget I said that in about ten seconds.”

Gerard’s eyes widened “Wait a second, make it stop then! I want to remember this!” He shouted desperately. Scarlett shook her head and glanced at him, he looked terrified then his eyes went blank and his body went limp. Scarlett smirked, that was her favorite part of the miliprophien shot, when they passed out. Scarlett listened closely again and heard the thrumming of feet against carpet flooring inside the house and the fast breathing of a female. She heard when the pulsing heartbeat of the veins in her hand hit the doorknob and unlocked the door. Scarlett stood still when she flung the door open.

She wore a panic-stricken expression as she developed the image of her husband unconscious and breathing heavily in the arms of a beautiful female. “Dear god!” The black-haired woman gasped, tears coming to her eyes. Scarlett’s upper lip twitched in disgust. Humans, she thought in distain, so damn emotional. The woman stepped forward towards them; her black hair frizzy and the bags under her eyes seemed to grow as she drank in the situation.

Scarlett bit back a scoff, “I do believe this is yours.” She said holding him in one arm and pushing him towards his wife.

“What happened? God I knew something was wrong when I woke up and he wasn’t in bed, I was so worried. What’s wrong with him?” She asked as she walked out onto the porch and grabbed her husband underneath his armpits. Scarlett let go and watched as she struggled under the heavy weight of her husband.

“I don’t know,” She said with a shrug. She didn’t care for the well being of this woman, and she was loosing the emotions she had for Gerard too. They were humans, the reason why she had to hide from the world.

“You have to help me,” She said desperately, “What’s wrong with him? Where did you find him? Should I take him to a hospital? This has never happened before, please help me,” She said glancing between Gerard’s blank face and Scarlett’s unemotional one.

“I don’t need to help you with anything,” Scarlett spat out, repulsed by the humans thought that she needed to help her at all. “I brought back your damn husband, be happy that I didn’t let him die in the street.”

A tear fell down her face, “Please,” She begged softly.

Scarlett’s face scrunched in an unforgivable look, “No.” She said and turned on her heel. In a second she was at her apartment climbing the stairs, not caring that she had just broken a law for using her abilities in front of a human.

Scarlett forced open the door and slammed it shut, the sound resonating loudly inside the whole house. Lydia appeared in the hallway, a martini glass in her hand; she smirked at Scarlett and took a sip from her drink.

“I’m going to sleep, don’t bother me,” Scarlett hissed at Lydia as she walked past.

“You haven’t eaten much today, you should have something before you do sleep. It’s unhealthy to wake up hungry, honey,” Lydia called after her. Scarlett was at her door and slammed it shut. She didn’t bother turning on the lights as she walked to the small, silver refrigerator and opened it, grabbing out a bag and ripping the flimsy plastic off with her teeth before upending the bag and throwing her head back. She closed her eyes and let the delicious crimson dance on her taste buds and run down her throat. She groaned and shook the last drops from the now empty bag and threw it into a small silver trashcan.

Scarlett wiped her mouth on the back of her hand before walking at a human pace across her room and into the bathroom that was connected to her sanctuary. She opened the door and turned the lights on dim, ignoring the blank mirror as she stood next to the marble covered sink. Without even blinking she reached up and pulled the fake brown contact lenses from her eyes. She stood still a moment and looked down to the flimsy piece of plastic between her fingertips. The inside of the lens had a red residue around the brown iris. Scarlett folded the lens in half and rubbed it gently between her pointer finger and her thumb before throwing them both in the wastebasket beside the toilet.

In a quick second Scarlett was at her dresser again, taking off her work clothes and pulling out a pair of black pants and a deep purple cashmere sweater. She slipped the clothes on, enjoying the softness of the cashmere working itself over her cool, smooth skin. After discarding her work clothes in a white hamper beside the dresser she walked slowly over to her coffin. She ran her fingers against the dark, maple wood that had been polished and worked into the beautiful place she felt most at home in. In her haven she could lay and not be disturbed, she didn’t have to worry about humans or anyone else; in her coffin she was alone. Scarlett opened the wood piece of art with a flick of her fingers, letting a small smile makes its way onto her face before she climbed in gracefully. She gently situated herself in the most comfortable position, before closing the lid. Scarlett heard the small clicking sound of the lid connecting with the bottom half and let out a deep breath of air. She closed her eyes.

Scarlett liked being alone. She could block out all the noises and smells and pretend she was a human again. She could be the small town girl who had fallen in love with the boy who worked at the orchard down the street again. She could be the most beautiful girl in the whole city again; she could be with her sisters, her mother, and father. She could live in a fantasy world that she had built up inside her when her real world had become so tragic that it took an immense amount of pretending to make everyone believe that she was all right. Scarlett could still smell the flowers that bloomed outside her bedroom window in the spring, and the soft rain the fell against her windows during the summer. She liked being alone. She could be anyone or do anything she wanted in her dreams.

~~~

Scarlett was woken by the sound of someone pounding on her door. She slowly blinked, focusing on the pounding heart she heard from
outside of her house. She heard him swallow, the smelt the
perspiration forming on his body and Scarlett jolted out of her coffin
as soon as she recognized the voice that was mumbling his insecurities
and doubts.

"Woah," She said as her unprepared muscles screamed in protest at her
fast movements. Her body shouted at her to go lay back down, that she wasn’t supposed to be awake at this time, her muscles were sore and made moving harder on her.

Her vision blurred as her body registered being awake at an untimely
moment. A warm, suffocating feeling had trapped her body and she felt
like she was sitting in a sauna wearing a sweater. Her muscles were
stiff and her skin prickled with uncomfortable Goosebumps. Although
there were no windows inside the house other than the front door and
the observatory being awake during the daylight hours was extremely
exhausting and very risky. She walked into the hallway shielding her
eyes from the sunlight feeding through the window on the front door.
Scarlett groaned, squinting her eyes to see through the bright window.
A black head of hair was all she could make out. Scarlett ran across
the hallway and into the kitchen quickly opening the fridge and
grabbing a baggie of blood before piercing the plastic with her fangs
and sucking all the liquid out of it and throwing it into the
wastebasket. Her eyes focused and became less blurry, but the presence
of sunlight was exhausting her. She glanced at the clock, it was four
in the afternoon and the sun was brighter than she could ever remember
it. She heard Lydia 's door open and Scarlett saw her dark silhouette in
the blackness of the doorway.

"Scarlett, what the hell are you doing? It's probably just a
solicitor, get back in your coffin now." Lydia whispered harshly from
the safe confines of her dark room. Her voice was higher and more
hoarse, she sounded afraid and weak.

"It's him, the one I saved from the traveler." Scarlett said in an
equally vulnerable whisper. Lydia let out an aggravated sigh and
closed her door. Scarlett could barely hear her walk across the wooden
floor and climb back into her coffin.

Scarlett bit down on her bottom lip, "Uh it's me, Gerard. No
that sounds dumb... Hey, I was just coming by to say thank you. No!
Damn I'm such a fucking-"

Scarlett sprinted to the door and whipped it open, in a flash she
pulled him inside and slammed him against the door blocking the
sunlight from flowing through the small window. Gerard blinked in
surprise and Scarlett realized how close they were. She took a step
back away from him.

He cleared his throat, "Hey," He said in a barely audible whisper. The
warm fuzz that engulfed her senses wore down the protective walls of
the blood she had drunk. She clenched her jaw again and stood farther
back.

Gerard swallowed again, "I-I don’t remember much of what happened from my accident or whatever the hospitals trying to feed me and the public, but I remember you. I remember this house and waking up here and you. Why do I remember you?”

Scarlett internally flinched, "I don't know." She responded with all
honesty. He shouldn't have remembered anything at all. The
miliprophien shot was supposed to wipe his mind clean of all memory up
to an hour before the shot was administered. Scarlett knew there was
something different about him, and here he was. The first human she
had ever let into her house and she had no intention of eating. He was
calm and waiting patiently for her to say something. Scarlett looked
him over, seeing the bandage on the side of his neck peeking out from
the dark leather jacket. His arm and the rest of his body covered by
black cotton and dark wash jeans.

Suddenly he opened his mouth to speak. "Okay this is more awkward than I thought it would be..." He said rubbing the back of his neck with
his palm. "Listen I don't know why I came here, I mean my wife said you just dropped me at my doorstep and I guess I should stop bothering you, but I sort of don't want too…"

Scarlett's eyebrows rose, "What are you trying to say?" She asked
softly. She was completely baffled by him. He was nervous and confused
also, she could see that, but she could see the mission in his eyes. He
had come here with the intent on finding her.

He swallow thickly again, "I don't know, but I want to be around you.
I want to be your friend." He said firmly.

Scarlett was shocked by his statement, "My friend?" She asked slowly.
Her mind was barely processing that someone wanted to be her friend.
That someone had come looking for her. He smiled slowly at her;
Scarlett felt the muscles in her face twitch as to form a smile too.
She held them still, she would usually say no to a random human who
had came running down her front door, but to her surprise she was glad
that he did.

“Yeah. I’m Gerard Way, I live a couple blocks away from here. And you’re…Violet?” He asked slowly.

“Scarlett,” She corrected him, “I’m Scarlett Uhreta.”

“Yeah, that was it! I remembered you’re name was a color, god I must sound incredibly stupid. I’m sorry Scarlett, for coming in here like this. I just- I want to know how I got hurt and I think you’re the one who can tell me that.” He said his cheeks turning a light pink color. She watched his every body movement, how he shifted uncomfortably under her stare and played with the corner of his jacket.

"Lets go to the library," She said slowly. He smiled again, Scarlett
found the smile extremely adorable. She took a step back, letting him
follow her, he took another step forward and Scarlett smirked. She was
tempted to run to the library and confuse him, but instead she walked
slowly down to the very end of the hall and turned to the right
walking into the dark library.

As she walked in she remembered about Gerard’s human eyes and flicked
on the lights, she blinked and her eyes had already adjusted. She
turned and watched Gerard as he gazed in awe at the books that covered
the shelves that were lined up against the burnt orange walls.
Scarlett sat down on one of the large leather couches and watched him.

"God how long did it take you to get this many books?" He asked as he
walked over to the shelves.

"My father started out the main group," She said. Gerard nodded and
pulled a book off the shelf. He slowly opened it, carefully brushing
the dust off of it.

"Dracula by Bram Stoker," He read slowly, "This book is ancient, when did you get this? I swear there's only is couple original copies left
in the world. Damn," he said slowly gently turning the crisp page.

"My mother gave that to me when I was young, before she died,"
Scarlett said slowly. Gerard closed his eyes and put the book back
into its slot on the shelf.

"I'm sorry about your mom, your sisters passed too right? Yeah I
remember that part, I’m sorry about that. My grandma passed a while
back, it was real hard on my brother and I." He said as he turned back
to her and walked over to the leather couch, sitting on the far end of
it, making sure he gave her space.

"I'm sorry you lost your grandmother, death isn't an easy thing to
deal with," She responded. Gerard nodded, his black hair shaking with
the movement of his head.

"But you work with death everyday," He said. Scarlett's eyes widened
in surprise. "I mean you work as a morgue technician, right? Or am I
seriously off?"

Scarlett shook her head, "You heard right, I'm surprised you remember
so much, you were in serious shock. I'm also surprised you actually
listened."

He cocked his head at her, “You seemed surprised about a lot of things,” he laughed at her expression, “I’ve been known to pay attention.” When I see something beautiful, he thought to himself.

Scarlett’s expression softened and she smiled slowly, “I don’t doubt your focus. So tell me about yourself, Gerard.”

Blood rushed to his cheeks in an unexpected embarrassment, he liked the way his name rolled off her tongue. “Uh, I’m a graphic novelist.” He said slowly.

She nodded, “Like comics?”

“Yeah, cartoons also. Haven’t been all that successful to be honest, but hey at least I get some sort of payment every month.” Scarlett nodded in understanding. “So you’re a morgue technician? How’s that treating you?”

She smiled, “It’s not as terrible as you would think, and I actually have friends in my work place that make it a lot easier to deal with.”

“Oh I would have never guessed you had friends,” He joked. Scarlett let out a laugh, how on the spot he was. Scarlett watched him as he smiled and laughed too. She realized slowly that she liked talking to him, it was easy and it felt like she had known him. “So you have friends? Any chance that one of them is a significant one?” He asked hesitantly once his laughter faded away.

“You mean like a boyfriend?” She asked.

“Or a girlfriend, if that’s the way you swing,” He added with a joking smile.

Scarlett’s brain thought up a quick retort, “Yes actually, she’s taking me on a dinner date tonight. Possibly you could stay around to meet her?” His face paled and she smirked.

“Wait a second… you were kidding! That’s not cool I seriously thought you were a lesbian for a second! Gave me a fucking heart attack,” He mumbled rubbing his chest. Scarlett let out a short laugh, listening closely to hear his heart, which was surely pounding against his rib cage.

Their laughter faded away and the sat still, looking at each other. He surprised Scarlett. Most people couldn’t sit very still when she decided to give them a certain glare, he was most defiantly something else. He swallowed thickly and she couldn’t kelp, but smile. He was interested in her; at least he was a little bit. It was a feeling she almost forgot how to describe, the feeling of importance. She hadn’t known him for more than twelve hours and already he had made her feel things she though she’d never feel again.

“So you said you wanted to know what happened exactly to you,” Scarlett said, Gerard went still, then nodding slowly his eyes intent on her face. “I found you, on the side of the road. I’m guessing you were mauled by something; a gash in your arm and blood running out of your neck. I was frightened,” It wasn’t all a lie she was scared for him. “I had medical supplies at my house for my father, so I took you back here because it was closer than the hospital, I cleaned you up and you regained consciousness. Then when we were walking back to your house, you passed out and I left you with your rather emotional wife and went home. I was tired from having to work the night shift and needed sleep. I should have helped, but I was too tired,” She finished.

Gerard nodded slowly, looking down at his hands that were in his lap and twiddled his fingers together, “Thank you, for taking care of me instead of leaving me to bleed out or something. Now, if you don’t mind can I ask you a question?” Scarlett was shocked by this, but gave him a curt nod. He chewed on the inside of his lip as if to decide if it was a good question then blurted it out quickly, “What’s wrong with your dad?”

Scarlett was like a statue as she processed his question; he did listen to her. He took her seriously and caught onto the little things that defined a person. She was flattered and couldn’t remember the last time anyone, let alone a human, made her feel like she meant something to the world.

“After my mother and sisters were killed, my father and I were inseparable. We used to live in Slovakia, so when war broke out my father and I became big targets for several reasons, mainly because of our race. So one day we were ambushed. My father was seriously injured and somehow I managed to make it. I was about to lose my father, the last person I had. So I took him to America, he lived a year or so, got married again, and then he fell into a coma. Has been in that coma ever since,” Scarlett finished. Gerard was silent and his face was unreadable. Scarlett had never shared that information with a human. She looked up and Gerard shook his head before closing the distance between them and enveloping her in a soft hug. Scarlett tensed at his touch, and then ever so slowly his hand began rubbing her back. She let out a shaky breath and she knew if she could, she’d be crying. She carefully lifted her arms around his body and returned the embrace. They sat like that for a moment, and Scarlett felt like for the first time since she met Temperance she had connected with someone. He pulled away slowly, moving back a little bit and smiled pitifully at her.

“I’m really sorry about your dad; it had to be really hard on you,” He said sincerely. Scarlett opened her mouth to respond when a loud buzzing noise erupted from his pocket. Scarlett’s eyes fixated in disgust at the small device he pulled from his pocket. Cell phones. She hated the damn things, he looked at the outside screen and held up one finger before flipping it open and putting it to his ear.

“Gerard!” A male voice screamed from the other end, “Lindsey is pissed and scared beyond her fucking wits, where the hell are you?”

He groaned quietly, “Mikey, keep her busy I’m taking care of something, alright? Tell her I’m safe and she can chill the fuck out. Well don’t say that just reword it for me.”

Scarlett bit down on her tongue; he had just murdered his chances of them being friends. She was not something to deal with or take care of, nor was she just going to be ignored while he dealt with his wife.

“Gerard after what happened this morning, I don’t think Lindsey will ever calm down, you better get you’re ass back to the house before she goes insane and rips my hair out of my head and pubic area…”

“Good god, Mikey! Keep your weird comments to yourself,” Gerard said looking down in embarrassment.

“Well whatever you’re doing, hurry up; I think Lindsey just broke a window…” The voice coming from the opposite end of the phone faded away, “Yup she most definitely just did.”

“You’re lying,” Gerard said. He stood up and walked to the shelves again, running his fingers across the leather binds of the books. Scarlett’s temper spiked quickly and she glared at him as he continued to talk to the person on the other end of the phone. She knew that humans weren’t good for anything; they play tricks and pretend all their lives.

“Hey Mikey, I have to go, I’ll be home soon, tell Lindsey I love her.” Scarlett’s jaw clenched as he continued the goodbye then hung up. He turned back to her and smiled, she let her muscles soften as he came over and sat down on the couch again. “Sorry about that, it was my brother. He said my wife was really worried,” he chuckled lightly and shook his head, “Women.”

Scarlett bolted up so fast Gerard fell back on the couch; he sat up quickly. “You should leave now,” Scarlett muttered through her teeth. He had managed to push her buttons and made her temper flare. He blinked in surprise then nodded and stood up. Scarlett showed him to the door in silence and stopped before the beam of sunlight could touch her skin.

He walked to the door and put his hand on the doorknob, “It was nice meeting you,” He said as he turned to look at her.

Her eyebrows rose, “You too,” She responded politely.

He nodded, confusion evident on his face, before opening the door and closing it. Scarlett let out a puff of frustration and walked back to her dark room. Once inside she let the darkness calm down her skin and the suffocating warmth fade away slowly. She walked to the small refrigerator and opened it, taking out two baggies and drinking them both empty before walking to her coffin and slipping in again.

She was a fool, a damn fool. Trusting that human was by far the stupidest thing she had ever done. She didn’t know why she let him in her house or why she told him about herself, but she was stupid. Stupid in believing he was different from all the other humans on this damned planet. They were cold, self-centered bitches of a being and they would only put on acts to make them seem like the nice people everyone wants to be, but Scarlett could see through it. The damn cell phones and technology shit that brainwashed every single one of them was disgusting and a disguise to cover up the government’s faults. She closed her eyes, relaxing all her muscles. The pure hatred for the living hummed hotly in her body.

~~~

Gerard didn’t take the street that led down to his house on purpose; he continued walking down the sunlight filled street. The apartments and small brick house lined up along the sidewalk looked like dead monsters, eyes following him as he walked. He hugged his leather jacket closer around his body. It was November and the air was cold, but the sun was still shining brightly, it was quite the contradiction but he didn’t mind as he kept walking down the empty pavement.

Scarlett was on his mind. Ever since he woke up in the hospital, he couldn’t get her out of his mind. Her beauty was imprinted on the inside of his eyelids and no matter what he did he couldn’t stop thinking about her. Her soft, mellifluous voice and sharp features burned him to the core. He shook his head, trying to dispel the thoughts of her from his head, but he couldn’t. She was by far the most beautiful person he had ever met, and it tortured him. She made his insides burn and guilt plague his heart because every time he looked at his wife, he could no longer call her beautiful because in his mind he would be comparing her to Scarlett.

“Jesus Christ,” He mumbled. He was having a midlife crisis. That’s what this was; he wasn’t falling for another woman. He was just having a midlife crisis. He had a wife and an amazing baby girl; he was the man in the house, he had a lot of pressure put on him and Scarlett was just another way for him to feel better about himself. If he had her, he would have the most beautiful woman in the world; therefore he would have a higher self esteem. “Midlife crisis,” he started mumbling over and over again, trying to convince him that that’s just what this whole crazy situation was.

He let out an aggravated sigh and pulled a pack of cigarettes out of his pocket. He found a lighter in his jacket and lit the stick of cancer, putting it in between his lips and pulling in the strong toxins. He held it in his lungs a moment before blowing the smoke out. He closed his eyes, letting the nicotine chill in his system and calm down his fried nerves. He was just having a long day; a good night of sleep would calm him down. Sleep was what he needed to bring him back to earth. He turned and started walking back to his house, taking long pulls from the cigarette until it was just a nub. He threw it onto the pavement and shoved his hands into the pockets of his jacket and kept walking. He saw his house a only a few seconds away, his brothers car in the driveway along with his wife’s and his own. He sighed and deciding it might be good for him, he ran until he was on the sidewalk up to the porch. He took the silver doorknob and opened it. He walked in the house, closing the door as quietly as possible. He took his jacket and shoes off, looking around at the pastel colored walls and the pictures that hung up on them. He heard his wife talking loudly from the other room and he walked through the kitchen grabbing a banana off the granite counter and walking into the living room where his daughter was laying on her stomach on the floor playing with her toys. His brother and his wife were sitting kn the dark leather couch watching his wife as she paced back and forth.

Bandit looked up and saw him, she smiled letting out an adorable giggle before reaching her hands up towards him and flapping them together messily. He smiled at his beautiful baby girl and squatted down on his knees, picking her up in his arms before standing. He had Mikey and Alicia's attention, but his wife was clearly zoned out in an angry fit. He rubbed baby Bandit's back as she curled into his chest, her little fist grasping onto the neck of his black shirt.

"Lindsey," She kept walking with long, pounding strides. "Lindsey, baby," He said louder. Her head snapped up from where her gaze was fixated at the ground, her step faltered as she stared at her husband, holding the proof of their undying love. Bandit sneezed, Lindsey's eyes rotated between the two, she could see their resemblance. Her eyes watered a little bit and she brushed away the tears. She was being stupid, a motherly fool. Bandit curled into her father again; suddenly Lindsey couldn't take it anymore.

"You bastard," She whispered, before rushing forward, wrapping her arms around his neck and holding him tightly. She had no concern of their baby daughter who was squished between them. She pulled away slowly, her hands cupped his cheeks as she leant forward and kissed him slowly. "Never scare me like that." She whispered once she had pulled away.

Bandit let out a small sound of annoyance and Mikey cleared his throat, Lindsey turned around slowly, a smile on her face. She took her husbands hand and held it behind her back.

“Thank you for coming over,” She said to them. They both nodded before standing up. They hugged goodbye and left the couple and their daughter alone. Gerard kissed Lindsey’s forehead before walking over to the couch, he sat down still holding Bandit in his lap.

Lindsey sat down next to him, “You really did scare me,” She said softly reaching her hand out to brush Bandit’s hair away from her eyes.

He sighed, “I know, and I’m sorry. I was being stupid, I shouldn’t have put you through that.”

Lindsey laughed, taking Bandit into her arms and kissing her tiny nose, “I was the one being stupid. Overreacting actually,” She said. Bandit wrapped her fist around Lindsey’s pointer finger and tugged it towards her face. “I love you. You know that right?”

Gerard smiled, he leaned forward and kissed his wife softly, “I wouldn’t have married you if I doubted that you loved me.” Lindsey smiled and leaned into kiss her husband again.

~~~



[* Uh oh, I want some more. Uh oh, what are you waiting for? Take a bite of my heart tonight
Sign up to rate and review this story