Categories > Books > Harry Potter > 200 Years Later

200 Years Later

by HallowsNotHorcruxes 13 reviews

200 years have passed since the Second Wizarding War, and Harry's life is nothing more than a chapter in a textbook. After being assigned a paper on the War, Lena Davies decides to interview a ghos...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG - Genres: Fantasy - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2010-05-16 - Updated: 2010-07-01 - 856 words

5Original
Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter. Obviously.


Summary: 200 years have passed since the Second Wizarding War, and Harry's life is nothing more than a chapter in a textbook. After being assigned a paper on the War, Lena Davies decides to interview a ghost who was there through the whole war.


********************************


“And I want a four foot parchment on the Second Wizarding War by next week.”

The class groaned as Professor Binns turned back to his chalkboard. As usual, he began to drone on about goblin rebellions, and as usual, the students began to stare blankly ahead, pretending to listen or falling asleep. One student, who, like the rest, was not paying attention, but thinking, the gears in her head whirring as she planned a way to write a four foot essay by Monday. There was only minimal information in her textbook on the Second Wizarding War. Perhaps she could speak to the Grey Lady, her house ghost? The Grey Lady had helped her with her essay on the original Triwizard Tournament, but she was not very keen on helping students. Another thought struck her mind, and she shot her hand in the air, holding it straighter than a flagpole.

Professor Binns continued his lecture, not noticing that the fifth year Ravenclaw was nearly falling out of her seat trying to get his attention. She called out to him, irritated.

“Professor Binns? Professor Binns?! PROFESSOR BINNS?!!”

He turned around, noticing her at last.

“Ah, yes. What do you need, Ms…”

“Davies, sir. Lena Davies.”

“Indeed. So, what is it you need, Derrest?”

“I was wondering, sir, if I could speak to you about the Second Wizarding War?”

Lena wasn’t worried about disrupting the other students. No one paid any attention in History of Magic anyways, so it wouldn’t matter if she began her research now.

Professor Binns paused for a moment, and, oddly, looked slightly embarrassed.

“I am sure what I know is no different than what your textbook says on the matter.”

Lena sighed, and rephrased her question.

“Sir, I was wondering if you could tell me what you personally remember. After all, you were at Hogwarts during the War, so you would know what happened. And didn’t the final battle of the War take place at Hogwarts?”

If a ghost could blush, Lena was sure Professor Binns would have. He appeared to be choosing his words carefully, and was looking very uncomfortable.

“I… I have always been… very… focused on my work. Due to this, I tend to… not… pay attention to events…”

Lena understood immediately. Professor Binns had probably spent all of his years in his unobservant, monotone deathstyle. It looked like she would have to spend a lot of time in the library this weekend.

Professor Binns still looking flustered, stuttered, “Class dismissed.”

Just as Lena made to leave for the door, she heard Professor Binns attempt to call her name.

“Miss Davilyn?”

She turned back to face him while the last few students exited the room.

“I’m sorry that I could not be of more help with your essay.”

“Sir, it’s quite alright, I-”

“But I know someone who can.”

Lena was stunned. Not only had Professor Binns given her more of a reaction than she had ever heard him give anyone, he was being helpful, another first.

“What? Really? Who?”

“I know another ghost who was alive for the Second Wizarding War. I do believe he died in the last battle, so he will be able to give you the story in full. I must warn you, though. He is rather… temperamental. But if you can refrain from making him angry, I am sure you will be able to get plenty of information.”

“That’s wonderful, sir, where can I find him?”

“He is usually in the abandoned girl’s bathroom on the second floor. You know of it, I am sure?”

“Yes, I know of it.” said Lena with a smile. “So, he lives in Moaning Myrtle’s bathroom, does he?” she thought to herself. That seemed odd, but at least she knew where it was.

“Thank you, Professor.”

Professor Binns nodded, and Lena hurried out the door, racing down four flights of stairs till she was at the wooden door of the second floor girl’s bathroom. Standing in front of it, she felt a little nervous. “Is now really the best time? I’m not prepared, I don’t even know who this guy is, maybe I should come back later...” She took a deep breath and steeled herself, and pushed open the door.





Do you think you know who it is yet? If you think you know, write your guess in the review box. Please.

-HallowsNotHorcruxes


P.S. Sorry for those who keep writing who they want the ghost to be, instead of who they think it is, because I have had this entire story planned out. So, don't bother telling me what would be a good twist, I already know what I'm going to write. No worries though, I think I have plenty of twists to keep my readers happy.
Sign up to rate and review this story