Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Nothing is everything

Chapter 9

by MCR_Vampire_321 3 reviews

Gerard makes some GOOD choices this time.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2010-07-12 - Updated: 2010-07-12 - 1171 words - Complete

1Exciting
Nothing too extreme happened that time. Just one hours after school detention and a phone call home to my parents.
"Why Gerard?" My Mum asked me, finally taking the time to sit down and talk to me "I thought we had raised you better than this. Why are you losing weight, getting into fights and skipping class?"
"I-" I began.
"And Gerard, I do know about you shoplifting." She suddenly said. I must've looked surprised because she carried on "Oh yes. Mikey told me all about it."
A week before, I would've been furious at Mikey... But I was more confused than angry. How had Mikey even known?
"Why are you doing it Gerard?"
I put my head in my hands and shook my head. But I made my choice. I looked up at my Mum and said "I wanted friends. But I realised... I already had them. Mikey, Frank, Ray and Bob. But they weren't good enough for me,"
"So I tried to kid myself that I was popular. I thought it was working but then I got into all sorts of trouble. I confronted my new friends about it but it turns out they were using me. And I found out too late that I just wanted my old friends back."
"What am I going to do with you?" Mum asked, after a moments silence.
"It's okay now Mom." I replied honestly "I've been an idiot the past few weeks and now I just want to make amends."
She got up and hugged me "I trust you this time but I'm telling you Gerard, blow it this time and you've blown it for good."
"I know Ma." I replied, quickly hugging her back.

"So you tried to make amends?"
"Yeah. I started from the very beginning..."


The first thing I did was apologise to Corey Taylor.
"Hey Dude." He turned to face me, a look of anger on his face. I gulped but carried on "The other week I was a bit of a jerk. I made you look pathetic infront of the whole school and that wasn't cool. I know I can't take back my actions... But I want you to know that I'm sorry."
For a second I thought he was going to punch me in the face. But then he looked impressed "That's braver than anything I could ever do." Corey said, with a small smile "Well done man."
Then, althought I didn't think he really deserved it, I apologised to Pete Wentz.
"For punching you in the face," I looked him in the eyes "No matter what you do, it's never cool to result to violence. So I'm sorry for punching you in the face the other week.."
He didn't look impressed like Corey had. He actually laughed in my face "Gerard Fat-ass Way, it didn't even hurt."
I didn't lose my cool. I just smiled at him and said "Good to see that you're being mature about this Pete." Then turned and walked away.
I went back to shop where I had tried to rob the cans of beer a few days ago.
"Didn't I tell you to stay out?" She asked, chewing gum. She said it fiercefully but it didn't look like she was actually that bothered.
"Yeah." I walked up to the counter "I ain't here to cause trouble. I just want to give you this." I handed her two ten pound notes, money I had saved up from painting pictures for the principal "I feel really bad about I did and now I know just how wrong it is. I want you to know that... I'm sorry."
She smiled at me "You ain't so bad you know kid?" She reached into the fridge and pulled out a coca-cola "Here, have this. And you're welcome back in the shop now.. But I swear, rob anything else..."
"I learnt from my mistakes Miss." I smiled at her "Have a nice day."
"You too kid." She replied with a small laugh as I walked out.
It wasn't so easy saying sorry to my maths teacher. I had always hated her and now I had to do something so painfully embarrasing... I was scared she'd laugh in my face. But I knew what I had to do.
"Miss.Smith," She looked up frm her corrections to face me. She was frowning "Well, I want to say sorry for skipping maths last week. It was really stupid and I mean, without Maths how am I gonna get a good job?"
Her expression was blank for a second until she said "You may leave now."
Not exactly the answer I was expecting, but it was better.
Then came the hardest and most un-easy apology to make. Well, four apologies to be exact.
I decided I would do it to each one indivually. I would tackle Mikey at the end of the day at home, it would be easier. I usually sat by Frank in Geography, even though he ignored me now. Me and Ray were in the same PE. Bob was in my form room. I would say sorry to him first.
He was sitting at the back, texting someone on his mobile phone. I hadn't sat by him in ages, I usually sat by Alicia in form now. But she was no longer my friend. Infact...
She never was.
I forced myself to the back of the room and sat next to Bob. He looked up, saw my face, snorted and looked back at his mobile.
"Bob," I breathed in deeply. Stay cool, I told myself "I've been acting like an ass the past few weeks and I..."
"THANK GOD!" He yelled, hugging me close.
"You didn't give me a chance to finish!" I said, laughing with relief.
"Just admitting your assholeness makes me feel a lot better." He smiled at me "Friends?"
I smiled back "Yeah, friends."
Ray was a little harder. And if Ray was a little harder, Frank was going to be tricky and then Mikey would be the hardest of them all.
"Ray, I've been acting like a total jerk..."
"I know."
"I didn't know what I was thinking, trying to be popular..."
"Neither do I."
"I'm here to say well..."
He looked me in the eyes "Go on. Say it Gerard."
"I'm really, really, REALLY sorry." I closed me eyes and carried on "You are one of the best friends in the entire world and I ditched you for a team of dirtbags." I opened my eyes again. Rays expression was now very different "Please say that you forgive me!"
He just stood there for a moment or two. Finally he just nodded. I wrapped my arms round him and gave him a huge hug. He didn't hug me back but I expected that from Ray... He was never very keen on hugs.
Oh, Frank....
"Frankie..." I began walking into the classroom. But something made me stop. Frank had his head on the desk, and he was sobbing his heart out.
Sign up to rate and review this story