Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Early Sunsets Over Monroeville

Truth Be Told

by StopThePress 1 review

"Honestly, do we have to go through this in a sneaker store?" He laughed as my chin quivered wanting to join in his laughter. "Well, they must be closed because it's just me and you." He laced his...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Horror - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2010-07-12 - Updated: 2010-07-13 - 1427 words - Complete

0Unrated

I walked off shoeless and hopeless. I looked at the strangers who surrounded me. Some were wounded and some were crying their eyes out. At this point I wasn't so frightened anymore. My body loosened up waking up to those hazel eyes and that messy dark hair. I was a little worried that I felt this way I mean, I haven't even gotten married yet, or had children! I've never did anything spontaneous like Hangliding or Skiing. I haven't even gone streaking! As I said before, my life was boring and now it was too late to turn things around. Walking around barefoot in my pajamas I headed to Journey's. I was oblivious to the footsteps following me.
"Was it something I did?" he cried after me. I kept on as he was begging for me to speak. "Shanie! Dammit answer me!" I had no idea what happened then. Something popped. I whipped my body around to face him. My face burned with anger I clenched my hands into fists as I saw red.
"You want me to say something? Do you know how it feels to hear from your ex that your fiance doesn't give a shit about you? That you would rather see me be eaten by one of them and save your own ass! Not only did I hear it from him, my best friend had to tell me also!" I was screaming at the top of my lungs in a middle of a shopping mall with strangers surrounding us looking at us both. But I could care less. "And the next time you call me Shanie," I chuckled insanely "So help me, I will shove the words so far down your throat you'll shit them." Gerard and Serena were in front of me as I walked.
"Shane! Shane I'm sorry!" I kept walking ignoring him as he merged closer. Gerard and Serena stopped in their tracks.
"Look, evidently she doesn't wanna talk to you." She said while holding him back. Gerard stopped also but he didn't follow her. I turned into Journey's looking up at the sneakers. Tears burned there way down my face as I focused on remembering my shoe size. I felt a warm presents before me as he tapped my shoulder.
"Hey, umm...Rena picked these out-" I turned around and he saw that I was crying, once again. I bit my lip. "for you..." He held in his hands some Classic Converse All Stars White shell, white rim, black canvas. We stood there awkwardly for a few seconds. I took the sneakers and found a bench to sit on in the store and put them on. I wanted him to ignore the fact that I was crying but he just couldn't. He sat down beside me.
"Shanie I apologize for the way I acted earlier, but I wanted you to know. You needed to know." I paused and then sighed.
"It's not your fault so you have nothing to be sorry for." I said quietly whilst lacing up my sneakers.
"Then why are you ignoring me?" I paused again sitting up this time, looking him in the eyes.
"Honestly, do we have to go through this in a sneaker store?" He laughed as my chin quivered wanting to join in his laughter.
"Well, they must be closed because it's just me and you." He laced his fingers in with mine. Wanting to feel that requited feeling.
"I guess you're right." I sniffled grasping his hand. "Look, Gee, I'm not ignoring you it's just hard to deal with the both of you at one time, in one place." I looked into those deep hazel eyes. "This may be the end of everything we knew. We may as well be the only people alive on this earth!"
"Who said it was the end? Maybe we can make it out of here alive."
"This isn't some fucked up dream anymore where you can wake up and have coffee and go on about your day! This is real. And if we make it out of here, fine, but if we don't, I wasn't hoping on any miracles to happen anyways." I got up from the bench and proceeded to walk away.
"That's right Shane, just walk away because you and I both know it solves everything." He said sarcastically. I turned around and flipped him the middle finger. Before I got to the doorway where I heard an argument brewing. Serena's voice roared as Frank backed her up but while the banter ensued. I looked all the way and saw Serena ready to pounce, wanting to rip Ethan to shreds. I sighed. They never got along. Serena didn't like the fact that me and Gerard had broken up so of course she didn't like Ethan. That I could understand. But she said it was something about him that she couldn't stand other than his jealousy.
"Uh oh." Serena was in Ethan's face now.
"What's going on?" Gerard had come from behind me making me flinch a little. "Oh goodness." He bounded down the hall to break them up. I decided to follow him. He had gotten to them before I could. He grabbed Serena by the elbows pulling her away.
"Rena calm down!" I caught up to Gerard calming her down and Ethan just standing there.
"What's going on?" I asked.
"Tell your ex," She glared at Ethan. "That it's over and that you want nothing to do with him!" She demanded. I had no time to even respond before Ethan had cut in.
"Tell her she's wrong." He stated out of breath. I glared at him with all I had, in my peripheral vision I could see Gerard staring up at me just waiting for me to tell Ethan that it was over.
"She's right. It's over." I threw the ring off of my left ring finger and pitched it into the fountain. His jaw dropped as Gerard, Frank and Serena turned their heads laughing. I turned to Gerard who was stifling his laughter, in return making me want to laugh. I turned back to Ethan who remained there with the same expression on his face.
"You bitch." I snorted.
"It's better than you calling me Shanie." I said carelessly. The rage had built up in his eyes.
"First, you talk about him non-stop, and then you believe him over me. And to top it all off," He walked toward me as I stood there. "You just threw everything we had away. Right in front of everyone." Gerard had jumped in his way before he could get closer. "So now you're her bodyguard?" Now he eased closer to Gerard with his fists clenched.
"No, but if you touch her I'd kill you." Ethan laughed backing away.
"She's not even worth it."I wanted to apologize to Gerard. I couldn't stand being mad at him for less than ten minutes. He turned around to me and I engulfed him in a tight hug. He was very unaware so he wrapped his arms around me cautiously. I looked up to him with a smile.
"Thank you and sorry." He smiled at me. "Goodness. Look how happy you are!" I laughed feeling that a weight had lifted off of his shoulder.
"You know what this calls for?" I shook my head.
"No."
"Starbucks." He excitedly. I laughed. "There's one right over there!" He nearly dragged me.
"But it means we have to make everything ourselves." I frowned.
"I'll make yours for you."
"Do you remember what I like?" I smiled waiting for a response.
"Of course! Mocha Frap." I smiled as we entered the small cafe. I sat at a small table as he was behind the counter making both of our orders. I sat there and thought for a while. It was just like old times, well except we always waited together, but I missed having odd conversations with him. Starbucks was our place. We always sat at the same table and the employees knew who we were. Our seats were practically reserved. He came back with two Mocha Fraps but the whipped cream on one was higher than the other. He pushed the one with more cream over to me as he handed me a straw.
"Extra whipped cream! You didn't forget!" I stated poking my straw through the cup."I would never forget." He looked up to me with those beautiful hazel eyes that could melt your soul instantly. I wasn't sure what I was doing but I knew what I wanted.
Sign up to rate and review this story