Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Early Sunsets Over Monroeville

When Hell is Full...

by StopThePress 0 reviews

"When hell is full, the dead will walk the Earth." He preached. I just closed my eyes wondering if I would ever wake again.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2010-07-13 - Updated: 2010-07-13 - 2160 words - Complete

0Unrated
I sighed. Gerard was sipping his frap looking at me as I dodged his eyes looking up at mine. I stirred nervously , frantic about this awkward peace. I looked out of the window imagining to see cars shooting by in typical New York City traffic, but it wasn't the same. People cried and were helped by the officers left. I tried to pry my mind off of the chaos as I looked to Gerard.

"We haven't done this in so long. Just because we're not together anymore doesn't mean we can't hang out, you know?" He was the first to speak and break the ice. I smiled softly. I was happy that he was being up front with me. Before he would dodge whenever anyone he was around had talked to me. Maybe this is something new he's trying. I finally spoke and stopped stirring my frap, it was becoming a slushy.

"Yeah, but it's a little-"
"Yeah, I know. Late." He said unfortunate.
"But it's okay." I reassured. "We have each other now and I don't think we have much of a choice but to be friends again."
"Or more than that." He smiled with his straw lingering in his mouth. I gave a meek smile as his foot made it's way across the table caressing my leg under my pajama pants.
"We'll see." Gerard's mouth opened as two of the mall's Security Guards marched into the Starbucks and they didn't look like they were tired, or thirsty. Gerard kept talking but I unfortunately zoned it out. I watched the Security Guards move their way toward us. I nudged Gerard under the table, clearing my throat.
"Excuse me. Sir?" I looked to Gerard to answer them. He turned around giving them his undivided attention. "State Law says that no one is allowed to operate this machinery unless they're legally authorized to." Gerard's hands had motioned gestures to the "machinery" behind the counter. "Were you authorized?" The Guard was about two years older than the both of us. He wore a Yankee's cap and the typical Crossroads Security uniform. His name tag shine was scratched and etched off at the sides of his initials.

"CJ, is it?" He nodded his head as I stood up and spoke to him. "One question," I said quickly. "Do you see anyone legally authorized to work these machines?"
"Shanie no," Gerard was still seated with his arm stretched out at me.
"No, I don't but that doesn't mean-" He replied.
"Do you realize what's going on? You're so caught up on patrolling this mall when there's people out there that need your help! Do you seriously think that by tomorrow all the people that work here are just gonna come back alive and well. Normal like nothing ever happened?" He didn't answer. His hands went behind his back eager to grab the cuffs.
"Ma'am , one more word out of you and-"
"What? Am I gonna be sent to Mall Jail?"
"Don't drop the soap." Gerard had mumbled. The guard came closer. I slowly grabbed the frap and pealed the bubble cap off. Gerard had gotten up by now. "If you're gonna take her then you mind as well take me too." He was glaring at him the whole time and Gerard had never noticed.
"There's a holding cell in this mall and-"

"Oh wow. You're gonna put us in a holding cell because all of the people who work here are dead and you expect us to wait for them to come in, right?" I huffed. "Gerard, let's just get out of here." Gerard walked behind me as the guard stopped me in my tracks. Before I could even function, my arm had swung the frap on the officer, and I was in cuffs. The other officer who had remained silent had put Gerard in handcuffs, shaking his head nonchalantly. He heaved a long sigh and spoke in a monotone voice. We walked past a very amused Serena, Frank, Mikey, Bob and Ray. I struggled with the handcuffs while Crossroads finest had thrown us in the same cell. Terry, who had cuffed Gerard spoke in heavy sighs as Cunt Juggler: the Crossroad Warrior just stood outside the cell with a smirk and the sent of drying and spoiled coffee coming from his uniform.

"You guys'll be here for the night." Terry turned around leaving and the Crossroad Warrior slammed the gate protecting him. He and I just looked back at the inch and a half bunk we had to share.
"Well, I've never been to jail, so this is something spontaneous." Gerard just laughed.
"Me neither and I guess." We turned to sit on the bunk that we would soon be sleeping together on. It was like sitting on the floor; flat, hard and dusty. I flinched. Gerard looked around. "How random is this?" We both laughed.
"This is like one of those weird dreams you have when you fall asleep on the couch." I leaned my head on Gerard's tense shoulder, he shuttered to relax.
"I totally know what you mean." I leaned up closer. Iran my fingers through his course, dark locks.
"You know, out of all the people in the world, you're the only one I could share a cell with." He laughed as I lie my head on his lap.
"Is that even a compliment?"
"Of course! You are the only person I would be able to share a ten foot by eighteen foot cell with!" I looked up to him, bearing a small smile.
"Oh, how sweet of you! Although it wouldn't be the smallest place you and I had to share. Remember your old apartment?" I sighed rolling my head off of Gerard's lap and sitting straight up against the gray wall. Looking into those eyes, reminiscing.
"I'm sorry my apartment was too small for you and your makeup, your clothes and hair products!" I retorted, laughing.
"I wasn't making fun of it. Even though, I've seen bigger turtle shells." Gerard had laughed. It brought a smile to my face. I punched him playfully. "It was pretty fun living in your cramped space."
"You loved my cramped space, or else you would have stayed at a hotel." I retorted. He laughed.
"Do you remember how small your bedroom was?" I nodded my head.
"I remember when we found out it was too small for us." I smiled perversely.
"Yep. So we moved to the couch, and then on the kitchen counters..."
"Mhm. Then to the shower." I cackled loudly as I looked up to his eyes. Engulfing me like green flame, I leaned in closer. His head didn't move, he didn't say a word. His facial expression grew blankly conveyed on his skin. His lips parted away from each other, our eyes closed, our noses touched briefly and turned like the hands of clocks. My hand had reached the back of his head when his warm lips had grazed mine. He knew what he wanted as did I but I was stubborn when it came to realizing it--not this time. I guess I had softened up for only him.

He broke the kiss and I lied out on his lap again as he sat with his back against the hard, cold wall. The cell was still silent. I looked up to the ceiling and smiled. Finally I could have my cake and eat it too. I thought of how long we had waited for this to come and how much time we had wasted fighting and sleeping separately because I had too much work on my hands.

"You know, you were always pretty good at that?"
"What? Kissing?"
"That and relocating." I said with a perverse smile wiped across my face.

Breaking my train of thought, the third guard had come with a food tray. He was about 5'6'', with short brown hair that spiked up. He wracked it against the bars. I didn't have anything against the other two guards, but this one seemed to be Captain Jerk Off's apprentice. His attitude said it all. He pulled out the key from his back pocket whilst holding the tray in one hand. He came inside and set the trey down on the floor. He slammed the bars and walked away. I didn't get a clear glimpse at his name tag. I looked down to see two hamburgers and two medium sodas. I sighed putting the tray on my lap. I honestly wasn't hungry.

"I've never been to prison but if this is what they serve-" Gerard had paused mid sentence. "You feel okay?" I wasn't nauseous but I didn't think I could keep any solid substances down.
"Not really hungry." The tray was now placed beside him on the "bed". He had put his hamburger down and I lied across his lap again, just staring at the bars until I got bored, and fell asleep.

I awoke to the loud bang of a gun. I shot up swinging my legs over the side of the bed and looked to see if he was awake. His head shot up noticing that I had gotten up.
"What's wrong?" He said groggily.
"You didn't hear that?" I knew it wasn't a dream this time. It sounded too real and too close to be a dream.
"Hear what?" The shot had rang again and I was ready to run. We looked at each other briefly and I grabbed his hand. Suddenly, Terry had ran up to the cell and struggled with the keys. Now I knew that it was an emergency. People who had guns were nervous. He opened the cell.
"You guys gotta hurry to the elevators!" Gerard and I had left behind him. He had a long shot gun in his hand, but for some reason I still wasn't feeling safe. My grip on Gerard's hand had tightened when Terry started quickening his pace. I had seen Frank carrying Serena and trying to run at the same time. The whole time we were running, and I hadn't taken time to notice the officers shooting multiple rounds out at once. We hopped on the elevator not relieved at all.
"Are you guys sure there aren't any on this floor?" Questioned Frank, out of breath.

"Yeah. It was closed off the whole time." Terry said on guard. His gun was cocked to the door ready for something to just jump out at him. Pretty secure. Frank had placed Serena down on her feet, for she had woken up from all the running Frank was doing. She looked rather confused to why we were in an elevator. The doors open to Captain Jerk Off in his security stance. "Dude, why the fuck did you leave us?" Terry walked passed him.
"Hey, is there a holding facility up here?" I said sarcastically. Gerard and I didn't know where the hell we were going.
"Bitch." He mumbled.
"Damn. Two in one day." Gerard just shook his head and laughed. We just followed Terry into the second floor of Bed, Bath and Beyond. We walked in to see Ethan helping some lady out and Bob looking around the place curiously. Gerard and I found a bed and just fell on it. The comfort was unbelievable compared to the rock we had to sleep on. The next bed over was Ray talking to his mom. I hoped that everything was okay. I wouldn't be able to deal with anything if Gerard's parents had...

Ray had gotten off the phone.
"Good news, man." Gerard's ears had perked up to hear what he had to say.
"Everyone in Jersey was sent to an Army base, so everyone's safe." Gerard had let out a breath of relief. He was so happy he had hugged me. I jumped when I heard something smashing to the ground. It was the closing gate of the store. They had closed us in.
"CJ, there's no need to do this! There's not even a working bathroom in there!" Terry argued.
"If they have to go, they just have to ask us." He replied coldly. Terry had turned to the nameless guard.
"And you have nothing to say?" This was pretty entertaining.
"Terry dude, I hooked you up with this job." He just stood there and looked at him for a few seconds and walked off.
I put my head on the pillow as I saw Gerard already asleep.
"Lights out!" He called out and the store's lights had shut off. Gerard had stirred closer as I tried to fall asleep if it wasn't for the television they were watching being so loud. It was one of those morning programs about church, and Jesus, and healing people. But it was only one person who was preaching and he seemed pretty convincing.

"When hell is full, the dead will walk the Earth."

He preached. I just closed my eyes wondering if I would ever wake again.
Sign up to rate and review this story