Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > When I Fall Can I Catch Myself

I Don't Love You

by LittleMissFae 1 review

Chapter 3! I would like to give big thanks to Amy_Revenge and shortygirl for there reviews. Thank y'all very much. So this chapter is dedicated for y'all.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2010-07-14 - Updated: 2010-07-14 - 1872 words - Complete

5Ambiance
Authors Note: If you would like sneak peaks of what's to come message me. Sequel? You must message me to find out.

I walked into the diner called ‘Sarah’s Diner.’ Well that’s original isn’t it? Misty was nowhere in sight. MCR walked over to the table that I was already sitting at. The guards sat at a table not too far away but it was out of hearing range. I don’t know why but I half way expected them to sit with us. I guess there’s still a lot I have to learn about this whole business. I was sitting with Mikey to my right and Gerard was in front of me. Frank was sitting next to Gerard and Roy was on my left. Bob was sitting next to Gerard.

“So how long have you been in the music business?” Frank asked.

“Well, I’ve been trying to get a record since I was about 13 years old but I wasn’t ever at the right places at the right time. So technically, about 5 days.” I said giggling nervous laughs. I probably sound completely inexperienced.

“How old are you?” Gerard asked.

“In less than a month I’ll be 21.” I said. Automatically having a question pop into my mind. I’m supposed to be My Chemical Romance’s #1 fan and I don’t even know how old they are.

“Cool. You’re around our ages.” Mikey said.

“How old are you guys.” I was staring at Mikey but Gerard answered instead.

“I’m 28, Mikey’s 25, Frank’s 24, Ray’s 28, Bob’s 26.”

“Cool! So how is it to go up in front of thousands of people your first time? I’ve been in front of hundreds but not thousands like you’re expecting at your concert.”

“First off, it’s our concert as in yours too. Second, Of course you’re going to be nervous at first but then you get so comfortable. You know this is what you want to do for as long as you can. It’s an amazing feeling. It feels like you’re not really there. I still can’t believe that we came this far. I don’t understand when girls are drooling over me. I actually find it annoying at times.” Oops… should I say I’m one of those girls. I don’t think so.

“Well that gives me some relief. I’ve never really had a huge city life. I grew up in a small town in Texas. Then when I had enough money to get my own place I moved to New York so I could try to pursue my life. I’ve always loved music so one year I got the idea to become a ‘rock star’ at the time everyone thought it was just a stage but I never grew out of it. Well, I guess it’s a good thing I mean how would I have officially met one of my favorite bands?” Oops, at least I didn’t say that I drooled over them.

“At least you like us. A year ago our first act hated us and our music. She just wanted an act.” Frank spoke up.

“Wow that would suck.” I said. I was trying to think of several things that I could say to them. I knew that I didn’t want to sound stupid so I just kept quiet until I would either think of something or they said something.

“Wow, you’re quiet.” Mikey was the first to break the awkward silence.

“I’m not a quiet person by all means. To be quite honest with you I just don’t really know what to say.” I could feel heat rising to my cheeks.

“Just be yourself around us. Like we said earlier; we’re practically family now.”

“I’m going to try to be honest with you. I feel really odd and out of place here. So I’m trying to get used to the idea of being around like the coolest people in the world. Depending on how fast I get warmed up around you guys you’ll see who I really am. It could be an hour, a day, or whatever.”

“Well, I could understand if you were a fan that just got to meet us once but that’s not the case. We’re friends now.”

I nodded my head. We received our food and chatted for the rest of the time. After all of us were finished we paid and left. I was ahead of all of MCR until I saw Gerard running after me. I stopped so he could catch up with me.

“Hey do you mind if I ride on your bus? You have Rock Band on your bus and we only have Guitar Hero. Plus, I thought you may be bored traveling alone.” He was looking at his shoes (which were awesome by the way) while he was talking to me.

“Sure. I’d like some company. It gets pretty boring.” As we walked to the bus several girls swarmed Gerard asking for his autograph. He gave it to them. Just when a body guard was going to come over to Gerard he waved him off. The girls left Gerard and we continued to the bus. Before we were out of sight of the rest of the boys they made kiss faces. I flipped them off receiving a laugh from Gerard.

“Hi Alfonzo.” Gerard said to Timmy when we entered the bus.

“Hey Timmy. How you doing?” I skipped over to him and gave him a kiss on the cheek. Timmy man blushed and Gerard looked at me strangely.

“What?” I asked.

“First off who’s Timmy? Second, you are one strange person.”

“Timmy is my bus driver and so what? You jealous I kissed Timmy but not you?” I said jokingly.

“Maybe.” Gerard was going to go along with the whole thing.

“Too bad!” Then I pranced off to my part of the bus. Gerard followed me.

“You play?” Gerard asked eyeing my guitar.

“Umm yeah, guitar and drums.” I went over and stroked my guitar. I had named her Ruby when I got her.

“Do you mind playing something? I’ve never heard you sing or anything.”

“Sure.” I picked my guitar up and went over to my bed. I sat down and started to strum a melody.

“I wake up in the morning.

Wondering if I’m ready to face the world.

While I take the forbidden steps.

The steps to a new life.


I keep wondering whether it’s worth it.

Worth all these problems.

But as soon as I see the smile on your face

I know I need to.


Blinking back tears wondering why.

Why it has to be this way.

I can’t handle this heart ache.

It’s withering me away.


Sometimes I can’t stand on my own two feet.

Let alone help you on yours.

I can’t, I can’t, I can’t

I can’t help you.


I can’t stay up because your pushing me down.

I can’t believe because this thing is happening to me.

I can’t do anything because you’re with me.

I can’t, I can’t, I can’t help myself.


Sometimes I can’t stand on my own two feet.

Let alone help you on yours.

I can’t, I can’t, I can’t

I can’t help you. I can’t help YOU!”


I lay my guitar down with the pick on top of it.

“You play well. Did you ever think about not being solo?” He asked.

“Yeah many times. I used to dream about being the next Hayley Williams. I tried getting a band together when I was young. I never knew anyone who could play an instrument. I mean sure I would rather be in a band. But I’d rather be a soloist than nothing at all.”

“I guess I know what you mean. If you ever want to sing with us you can. I mean I know you probably wouldn’t give a crap about playing with us but it would be something different. You would get a lot of fans that way.” Did Gerard Way just ask me to be a guest in his band? Oh my god. Get a hold of yourself, Rosemary. You can’t start getting all jumpy because of this stuff. There’ll probably be a lot more of it over these four months.

“That sounds good. Maybe I Don’t Love You or This Is How I Disappear. Or even Welcome to the Black Parade or Mama. Bad ass song by the way. Oh, or maybe Helena!” I was starting to get really excited with this.

“Those would all work. If you had to choose which one which would you choose?”

“Hard to choose probably This is How I Disappear, I Don’t Love You, or Mama.”

For the next 2 hours we practiced different versions of the songs. So far I Don’t Love You was the best. We had two versions of it. One was the original version that we had parts to sing. The second was one that we wrote together; basically the same as the first but it had words added in so it would run more smoothly when we’re singing it.

Then we started playing Rock Band. Let me tell you for the record that when you have two vocalists trying to beat each other’s score it is really interesting. Usually we would tie with each other but at the end he won. He could go deeper than I could which really gave him an advantage since most of the songs that we did were male vocals. Of course we did That’s What You Get by Paramore. I beat him since I was female.

Just before we were going to quit with vocals and move on to having a ‘band’ I screamed, “Noooooo! We still haven’t played Nine In The Afternoon.”

“Ok Then.” And so we played it. It was interesting. I got videos on my video camera of us playing vocals, guitar, bass, and drums. I was so going to have to show them to my friends. Why just show them to my friends when I can put them on YouTube and become like really popular.

“I wish they had either Welcome To The Black Parade or Panic At The Disco’s I write Sins Not Tragedies. Although you would definitely beat me on Welcome To The Black Parade” I sighed.

“You do know that I know Panic! At The Disco, right? I met Paramore too. It would be easy for me to get there number.”

“Dude, you are so lucky.”

He laughed at me. “Enjoy being able to walk down a sidewalk without having people attacking you from everywhere.”

“So you don’t like being famous?” I was really curious. I mean by the way he always talked in interviews and everything he seemed like he loved it.

“No. I love being famous. There are just times that I wish I could go places without a body guard.”
Sign up to rate and review this story