Categories > Games > Final Fantasy 7 > Remember Me

Remember Me-Vincent's Point of View

by Zexion_Number_VI 0 reviews

This is Vincent's point of view while Reno continues to keep his distance from his latest love interests.

Category: Final Fantasy 7 - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Fantasy - Characters: Lucrecia,Vincent Valentine - Warnings: [!!] [V] [?] - Published: 2010-07-31 - Updated: 2010-07-31 - 553 words

0Unrated
Just before Cloud and Reno fall...
I kept my mouth shut as Reno was arguing with the three girls who happened to be his latest love interests, Scarlet, Elena, and Cessnai. James, Reno and Scarlet's son, was looking quite worried. More worried than a twelve-year-old should be.
"I don't give a fuck what happened with all of you!" Rufus yelled over the redhead's bickering with Cessnai. "Can we please just get to the headquarters in silence?"
"You wish we could," I murmured.
"What was that, Valentine?" Shinra demanded.
"Nothing, your majesty," I growled.
"That's what I thought," Shinra snarled at me.
"What crawled up your ass and died?" I grumbled as I walked ahead of everyone, silencing everything.
I bet they were thinking what a bastard I was. Well, you would be a bastard too if the love of your life was the mother of your nemesis and if she was dead. Well, too much hope is the opposite of despair. An overpowering love may consume you in the end. It already had...
A few hours later, we finally reached Nibelheim, so I decided to take a detour. I wanted to go through Nibelheim. Between Nibelheim and Corel was a waterfall that I had a good feeling about. Reno and the others began to wonder what I was doing, but we checked in to the inn anyway. While everyone was asleep, I sneaked from the room, walked through the recently deserted town, and out towards Corel. I found the waterfall, but there was really no way to get to where I wanted. Unless I swam. That I did. I managed to swim all the way to the waterfall. Behind it was a cave. I climbed in to it and dried myself off a little. There I sat, trying to air-dry myself. I sat there for almost an hour and a half and my cloak still hadn't dried, but I said, "Fuck this!" and continued through the cave. It was beautiful but full of life. Monsters everywhere and the gunpowder in my gun was wet. I'd have to fight with my fists. The monster came at me and I punched it right in its nose. While it was processing the hit, I thought of the points I could hit to paralyze it. Once I did, I hit them and it worked, so I ran. I ran further inside the cavern. It began becoming more and more beautiful and all the while, I was in the shadows to hide from the monsters lurking within. Then, I saw it. Trapped inside crystal was my love. The love of my life, which was now never ending thanks to her. Lucrecia Crescent. Beauty beyond beauty. My still heart felt like it was going to break out from my chest.
"So this is where you've been," I said sadly. "Look what Hojo did to you. What Sephiroth did to you..."
Silence. She was gone. Nothing could change that. I had to stay with her. She was my Lucrecia and I was assigned to her to protect her. I had failed her once, so I was going to stay and fight for her. I had to make sure nothing took her away from this place. I was going to stay with her forever. My Lucrecia will never be alone again.
Sign up to rate and review this story