Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > When I Fall Can I Catch Myself

You Look Really Pretty Tonight

by LittleMissFae 1 review

Gerard and Rose get closer.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2010-08-03 - Updated: 2010-08-03 - 1035 words - Complete

5Ambiance
I went to stand by Lilly. She was just finishing up Nine In The Afternoon; I thought about Brendon. It bothered me that he wouldn’t call me. I looked up and saw Gerard staring at me. He walked over to where I was standing.

“Are you ok?”

“Yeah,” I said, trying to reassure him.

“Lilly is just like you.” He commented after a few seconds of silence.

“Thanks I guess she kind of is. I’m crazier than her and she’s prettier than me.”

Gerard looked like he was going to say something but stopped himself. Then after a couple seconds he started talking again. “I wouldn’t say she’s prettier than you. She’s beautiful but you’re gorgeous.” I felt like my face was going to blush 5 different colors, it may have. That may have been the sweetest thing anyone had ever said to me.

“Um, thanks.” I stuttered. By the expression on Gerard’s face it looked like he wasn’t going to say anything else about it. Who knows, maybe my mom was right. Maybe he does love me. I told myself to stop thinking like that. How could he ever love me?

For the rest of the day we didn’t do anything really. We played Rock Band and just hung out with each other for the rest of the day until it was time to go to our concert. Do you know how good it feels to say, our concert. I never knew until I was actually able to.


My heart was pounding like it was at my first concert. I almost felt like I had more pressure pounding on me since I had my little sister to impress, my best friend, and news was that my parents were coming. I wasn’t as nervous as I was the first time but I certainly wasn’t calm about it either.

I heard the loud screams pounding in my ears. I was gripping Lilly’s hand for support. I bent down so I was eye level with her.

“Lilly, stay here with the guys. Don’t leave no matter what anyone says. Not even if Frankie tells you otherwise. In that case, Gerard is in charge. If he tells you to go then you can go but unless that then I don’t want you to leave his sight. I don’t know what I would do if something happened to you. Let alone what Mom and Dad would do. If you move an inch away from him you will be in so much trouble.” I scolded.

She nodded in response so I moved on to Gerard. I looked at him with a pleading gesture. “Please, don’t let her leave your sight. I trust you with her. You are the only one I truly feel comfortable leaving her with. Please, don’t let me down. Please remember that she is only 9 years old and she’s going to be curious about going places, you just have to keep on telling her no. She’ll get the picture eventually.”

“Ok, ok, I get it. You’re a lot more responsible when you’re talking about your sister.” He noted.

“She’s my sister. I care about her a lot; I wouldn’t want anything to happen to her. She’s almost like my own little girl.”

“Oh ok, I see why now.” he said.

I held my breath for a few seconds before letting it out and started walking out to the stage. The screams got louder from the crowd. I thought I could overhear Maria’s from the rest. My face lit up with a smile.

“Make me proud by being true Texans and screaming as loud as you can! Let me hear you Texas!” I bellowed. I laughed at my loud response. I love how just saying several words can get the audience so excited and worked up.

“Well, I guess you may be the same Texas I left behind. That’s right, you didn’t hear me wrong. I’m in my own home town so there must be some kind of surprise for my fellow Texans. Don’t worry because there is and in several short minutes you will find out just how cool this is. But first, I am Rose Blake and we are going to show everyone just how cool Texas by rocking out.” As soon as I finished the sentence the instruments got their cue to start.

I waited until it was my turn to start singing.

“I can’t stand seeing you like this.

When you’re leaving me all alone

Hoping that you’ll see a brighter light than my attitude

I wish I could see just what you’re doing while not at home

I’m going to try to take a step back and hopefully find some might

Maybe I’ll wake up tonight and find you lying beside me again…” I finished my concert then looked back to the stage and saw that Lilly was jumping up and down with a smile on her face. I saw that she was looking toward me so I motioned for her to come onto the stage.

She skipped toward me with a nervous look on her face. “This is my little sister, Lilly. She is going to be just like me. Her dream will come true no matter what it is!” I got a loud response from her. I felt Lilly being swooped up from beside me and I turned to see her laughing in the hands of Frankie. The rest of the boys were followed by Mikey, Gerard being the last. Everyone but Gerard ran to Lilly and Frank.

Gerard stood beside me. “You were amazing. Remember we’re going to be doing I Don’t Love You all the way through. Exactly the way we’ve performed it lately.”

“I know, Gerard.”

“You really do look pretty tonight.” He said.

I didn’t know what to say so I just stood there in front of thousands of people and blushed thousands of shades of red. Gerard looked half way impressed and half way mad at himself.
Sign up to rate and review this story