Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > When I Fall Can I Catch Myself

Is There Something Between Us?

by LittleMissFae 2 reviews

Huge Turning Point.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2010-08-05 - Updated: 2010-08-05 - 1108 words - Complete

5Ambiance
Author's Note: Rates and reviews tend to cause me to update quicker. Please also rate the actual story, not just the chapter. Thank you guys so much!

I continued the rest of the concert with Lilly at my side. I didn't move away from the curtain seperating the crowd of fans and myself that much, I didn't want to risk being late for the duet. Seconds felt like minutes and minutes felt like hours. I was becoming so impatient! My foot tapped the ground once, twice, three times, until eventually I couldn't keep count any longer.

It was a huge relief when my cue came. Nervousness quickly overcame me and I felt as if I was going to have a panic attack. I almost backed out of it, I was just too scared. If I messed this up I wouldn't just be making me look bad, I would also be making a fool out of My Chemical Romance. I mean, they had enough confidence in me to support me this much, be my complete and total friends, AND let me do a duet with them. Thousands of people would die to be me right now, I thought. And that's why I decided to keep going foward.
Don't back down now, I persisted. You've gotten this far, it's too late to go back.
My feet made what sounded like huge stomping echoes. My smile was as bright and huge as a 2 kt diamond. I was ready for this. The music started playing and my composure morphed into something completely different. I was focused, serious, and I felt like I knew every single thing that I could ever need to know. A melody filled my ears,Gerard.

His eyes looked deeply into my own and I knew there was something between us or better yet, there could be something between us. He wouldn't have been giving me a look such as this if it was different. He was coaxing me, coaxing me away from being afraid; and it was working.

Gee:
When you go
Don't ever think I'll make you try to stay
And maybe when you get back
I'll be off to find another way


Gee:
And after all this time that you still owe
You're still the good-for-nothing I am not
So take your gloves and get out
Better get out
While you can


Gee and Rose:
When you go
Would you even turn to say
"I don't love you
Like I did
Yesterday"


Rose:
Sometimes I cry so hard from pleading
So sick and tired of all the needless needing
But baby when they knock you
Down and out
It's where you oughta stay


Rose:
And after all the blood that you still owe
Another dollar's just another loan
So fix your eyes and get up
Better get up
While you can


Rose and Gee:
When you go
Would you even turn to say
"I don't love you
Like I did
Yesterday"


Gee:
When you go
Would you have the guts to say
"I don't love you
Like I loved you
Yesterday"


Rose:
I don't love you
Like I loved you
Yesterday


Gee and Rose:
I don't love you
Like I loved you
Yesterday


Our eyes locked once more and he nodded toward the back of the stage. We both ran to the back. As soon as we stood behind the curtains Gerard scooped me up and twirled me around. Guess I found my answer. There was SOMETHING between us. I just needed to figure out just what that was.

We continued a little farther back and I spotted Lilly, my parents, and Maria. My mother had tears streaming down her face and she approached me with a huge hug. My dad followed suit. Maria was chanting words in a tongue to quickly for me to understand. She looked angry though. Her lips were in a pouting mode, her face was in a fluster of colors, and she couldn't seem to stop bouncing off of her feet.

Maria took a deep breath in, preparing to begin her typical speech. "Why didn't you tell me that you were like going to be uber-famous?!?!?! I would have like completely supported you and stuff. But NOOOOOO, you have to keep it a secret from me. Why would you keep a secret from your best friend? Especially a secret as big as that one! Why woudn't you want to brag about it?"

"I'm sorry! I wanted it to be a surprise," I whined.

"Fine, I forgive you. You were so amazing." Marie's embrace made me feel like myself and like I was at home.

"Thanks. Oh, yeah, this is Gerard, Frankie, Mikey, Bob, and Ray." As soon as I finished my sentence Marie pushed through me so she could see the band.

"I know very well who they are. Y'all are soooo amazing. Why did you pick Rose? She is so lucky! Does that mean I, being the best friend, get to go to concerts and parties and stuff?" Marie was shaking she was so excited.

"Rose is very talented and also very beautiful. And, if it's ok with Rosemary of course you can. Any friend of her's is welcome." Gerard grinned in my direction.

Marie and the band continued there conversation while my parents and I talked. The rest of the night was a total success. My father left our convo and took Gerard aside to talk to him. I tryed spying on them but Lilly, Maria, and my mom made that nearly impossible so I finally gave up. It was so upsetting to have to leave my parents and Maria behind when we boarded the bus. But, I knew that I would be seeing them very soon.

I plopped myself onto my bed and began to relive the night. It was so amazing. I heard a knock on the door and I told them to, "Come in". Gerard walked in and his face was a variation of colors, he was clearly stressed. "What's wrong, Gee?"

"Nothing's wrong at all. I've just been thinking." While he spoke his eyes kept on drifting from the floor to me.

"Whatcha been thinking about?"

"Stuff..."

"What kinda stuff?" The kid of me was wanting out.

"Um, well, I have a question"

"Go right ahead," I was beginning to get very curious.

"Do you feel like there is something between us?"
The air was caught in my throat and I wasn't sure what to say. Maybe I should try to be honest. Deffinitly honest. "Yeah, I do."

Gerard smiled a huge grin. "Me too so here it goes, Will you go out with me?"
Sign up to rate and review this story