Categories > Movies > Shrek > Out To Find

Telling Mom I'm Sorry

by 18th_Hole 0 reviews

Shrek tells Fergus what happened to his brother.

Category: Shrek - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2010-08-04 - Updated: 2010-08-04 - 365 words

0Unrated
Felicia and I are sitting at a table, in front of the kitchen, in the cafeteria. "So, what are you gonna do?"
"I don't know." I answered her.
"When were you planning on telling me I'm your sister?"
"I wasn't even sure you were my sister."
"Answer me."
"I don't know." She stood up.
"After all this time, the best answer you can give me is, 'I don't know' ?!?" I didn't answer. It was quiet. Then everyone went back to eating, and Felicia sat down. "What are you thinking about deciding?"
"To go back."
"Why-"
"And when we do, I want you to come find me." She didn't respond.
I stood up an started towards to double doors, "Where are you going??"
Without stopping, I answered, "To go...talk to dad."
-
I quietly walked inside his tent. "What is it, Fergus?"
He still noticed me, "What happened to him?"
"He's gone, Fergus. He died in a battle between ogres and witches. That's why we haven't battled anyone since."
"That's it?? Just say, 'Oh, he died. One less person to think about.' isn't it?!?"
"No, Fergus! It was, and still is, one of the most terrible things of her life. The hardest to get over. The most complicated to deal with. Can you understand that?"
"Yes, daddy. I can."
"Alright. Just as long as you can."
I hugged him and walked out.
-
I walked around for a little while, and noticed I had passed mom's tent a few seconds back. I turned back around, and walked inside. "Mom?" She was in bed lying on her side, with her back to me. She wasn't asleep. I walked over to her and sat on the side of her bed. "Mom, I'm sorry. About earlier. Dad told me what happened. And I really am sorry. A-and I shouldn't have blown up at you like that. You don't deserve to be treated that way, especially, by your own son...Like I said, I'm sorry." I gave her a kiss on the cheek, "Goodnight, mom." I started to walk out, but stopped.
"Goodnight, Fergus." She heard me after all.
I smiled, and walked out, to let her rest.
Sign up to rate and review this story