Categories > Games > Kingdom Hearts > Happily Ever After

Chapter 5

by Riotgirl09 0 reviews

More Kairi PoV, and some sympathazing.

Category: Kingdom Hearts - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Axel,Demyx,Kairi,Zexion - Published: 2010-08-04 - Updated: 2010-10-04 - 728 words - Complete

0Unrated
CHAPTER 5

The next morning (I’m assuming it was morning, since my cell didn’t have a window. Or any light whatsoever), I was awoken by a familiar voice calling my name.
“Kairi! Wake up sleepy!” Demyx shook me until I managed to uncurl, and then froze. His face fell, and it was like he was… sad. “You were crying again, weren’t you?”
“Oh! Uh. No Demyx, not at all! Axel just made me a little sad, that’s all. I’m fine now.” I lied quickly. My brain was telling me that the boy in front of me couldn’t be sad, couldn’t even feel anything, but he just looked so upset. No one could fake something like that.
“Yay!” It was amazing how quickly he brightened up. “Guess what! I brought Zexy with me again today!”
I tried not to laugh as the slate-haired boy, the one I had dreamed about the night before, grimaced at being referred to as “Zexy”. It was like when Riku and Sora would call me “Kai”. I hated that stupid nickname, but I could never get rid of it. In a weird way, I sympathized with him.
“Aww dang! I forgot my sitar!” I heard Demyx cry. “I was gonna a play a song for you Kairi! Do you mind if I go get it?”
“Uh, no, go ahead.”
“Awesome! Play nice Zexy!” And with that, the brunette skipped out of the room. I couldn’t help but be reminded of Selphie whenever he came to visit.
“So. ‘Zexy’…” I started
“Don’t call me that.” The boy twitched in annoyance, folding his arms over his chest.
“You let Demyx get away with it.”
“Demyx is… Demyx. He’s impossible to reason with.”
“Sounds like you’re pretty fond of him. Considering…” I was determined to find out more about this Zexion, even if I got me killed. I was probably going to be killed by Axel anyway, so what did it matter?
“He’s just- never mind.” I watched as his long bangs swung in front of his ocean-blue eyes, hiding the normally visible one from view.
“Tell me.” I don’t know what made me say it. The words just popped out of my mouth, no rhyme or reason behind them. “I promise not to tell Axel, if that’s what you’re worried about.”
I was answered by only a pause at first followed by a deep breath, and then a penetrating stare. “Demyx… is the only one around here who acts like he has a heart. We’re supposed to be emotionless, empty shells, but he’s not. He’s full of life, and happiness, and hope, and all sorts of things I haven’t experienced since my Somebody lost his heart. He makes me feel like I might someday get my heart. He gives me hope, despite everything that says it’s hopeless and pointless and I might as well just give up and be a dusk for all the good I’m doing. I want to have what Demyx has, to fell things and make others happy. I… envy him.”
I was awestruck. I hadn’t expected anything to come out of Zexion’s mouth, much less something so deep. It was touching, that he’d tell me something like that.
“It’s like me and Sora. He’s so full of life. He just jumps right in, grabbing whatever life gives him and running as far as he can with it. When I’m with him and Riku, it’s like I’m in the middle of the action too, not just sitting on the side and watching everything pass me by like some good little girl.”
I didn’t know what to expect, what Zexion would say to something like that. We had just shared such personal things, what could he say? I never found out. Just as He turned towards me, Demyx burst into the room with some giant blue instrument that I could only assume was a sitar. The three of us spent the rest of my time in that god-forsaken cell absorbed in Demyx’s music. His playing was amazing, and I could’ve sworn that when he really got going, little water notes danced around the room. But, that’s impossible. I must have been dreaming.
Sign up to rate and review this story