Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Give Me a Reason to Believe.

"When I said that I would love you for better or for worse, I meant it.”

by OhSoIntricateLie 4 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2010-08-13 - Updated: 2010-08-14 - 781 words - Complete

1Exciting
“She won’t answer my phone calls,” Gerard stared at his cell phone, willing it to ring.

“Dude, you forgot to pick up your DAUGHTER,” Mikey admonished, “How is Paisley supposed to feel.”

“It’s been almost two months Mikey. We missed our anniversary.” Gerard was completely sober and smoking a cigarette, “I wanted to let her know we’re recording an album. That Frank’s a part of the band. I want to know how Helena is doing.”

“I’m sure she knows Gerard, she talks to mom all the—”Mikey swore.

Gerard’s eyes lit up, “She talks to mom?”

“Yeah. But I didn’t tell you.”

“Sure sure,” Gerard quit focusing on the track he was supposed to be working on.


As soon as they were done recording for the day, Gerard hurried home, hoping his mom wasn’t home. Rushing into the den, he picked up the phone and dialed Paisley’s cell.

“Hello?”

“Hey Paisley.”

On the other end, Paisley stiffened, “Hi.”

“Please come home. I miss you. It’s been two months since you left. I want to see you.”
Paisley softened momentarily, “I’m not moving back home, but I will meet you somewhere.”

On his end of the line, Gerard raised his eyes upward and mouthed ‘thank you’. “Tomorrow? Can you do tomorrow,” he asked hopefully.

“No. I can’t. I’m sorry. I have a meeting with Helena’s teacher, then I have a meeting with my agent.”

Gerard was confused, “Why are you having a meeting and what manager?”

Paisley sighed, “For my book Gerard, and all of your bullshit had been affecting our child, but it all came to a head when you forgot to go and get her from school,” she said icily.

“Paisley, you have no idea how that—”

“Gerard I don’t want to hear it. I’m tired of it all. I can meet you for lunch, the day after tomorrow. Panera Bread at 11.”

“Thanks Paisley. I love you.”

Paisley shut her eyes and lay her head on the table. Did she still love him? Were these past few months going to ruin her life with Gerard? She sat back up; No it wouldn’t. She wouldn’t let it. She was a strong Southern Belle damn it and they would get through this.

She smiled slightly , “I love you too.”



Two days later Gerard sat his tray down across from Paisley.

“Hey,” he said, giving her a smile.

“Hey,” she sipped on her water.

“We missed our anniversary,” he said quietly, stirring his soup.

“I know. Five years.”

“How were your meetings?”

“Well, first off, Helena has had a personality change. She’s really quiet and has this fear that I’m going to leave her, so I have to be outside the classroom door, waiting for her.” Paisley looked pointedly at her husband as if to say, ‘And it’s all your fault.’ “Secondly, I will be going on a tour to promote my book, as soon as Helena finishes kindergarten. Until then I will be doing some local signings.”

Gerard smiled at her, “I guess that works out fine. Brian, our manager, is trying to get us some tour dates, internationally to promote ‘Bullets.”

“You know, you’re very personable when you’re sober,” Paisley grinned.

Gerard smiled and nodded, “I’m trying Paise, I really am. I guess I sound like a broken record, huh?”

Paisley shook her head, and placed her hand on top of his, lacing their fingers together.

“No. You don’t. But you need help, and I’ve tried. I can’t do more than I already have. “

Gerard bit his lip in thought, “Can I see Helena?”

“I’ll bring her over when I pick her up from school.”

“I miss you Paisley. I’m not a beggar, but will you come back?”

Paisley shook her head, “No.”

Gerard frowned but took her answer, “Ok. If I call you, will you at least talk to me?”

“Yes. I will, and you can talk to Helena as well. I still love you, you know. We’re still married.”

Gerard looked down at their entwined fingers, “I’m glad to hear you say that. I was worried.”

“That we weren’t married?”

“That you didn’t love me anymore.”

A sadness washed over his features. Paisley wasn’t heartless. Standing she walked over and sat on her husband’s lap and turned his face towards hers. She gave him a soft kiss before giving him a hug.

“I could never stop loving you. When I said that I would love you for better or for worse, I meant it.”
Sign up to rate and review this story