Categories > Original > Romance > My Behest

quiet time

by bambi4real 0 reviews

(M/M slash) rated for future chapters. This is a story of unrequited love, and not always wanting what you have. Rayne Phelps may be unattainable but Edward Mason never said he didn't live with his...

Category: Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2006-05-02 - Updated: 2006-05-03 - 1125 words

0Unrated
Later that night after Christian left I laid curled up in bed thinking about everything that had happened. My mom was at work having the night shift this month so she left money for dinner. The house felt so lonely on nights like this driving hunger from my mind. Usually Collin would come around to hang and spend the night bringing dinner with him. I get the feeling he's upset at me and not just because of what Christian did. I find it hard to deal with confrontations especially when it really matters. Gosh, I can feel myself getting depressed. I need to do something.

"Hey..."

"Hey, Collin." I said softly twisting the cord of my phone around my forefinger.

"What's up?"

"Nothing much. What are you doing?" This fells really stilted.

"Ward, is your mom on nights?" Ahh he knew me too well.

"Yeah." I blushed even though I knew he wouldn't' see me. I hate sounding so needy.

"I'll be over in a sec." He didn't wait for me to say no. He just hung up. I stared at the phone for a moment not sure what to do.

"Hello, may I speak to Kara?"

"Kara's not in at the moment, may I ask who called?" Kara's mom's voice was scratchy and gravelly a painful sound.

"Tell her Ward called. It's not important I'll call back later."

"Right. Bye." It must be my night for being hung up on. Everyone was joining in. Uhh well I best get up and go down to wait for Collin. I got into an episode of the Daily Show with John Stewart and missed the soft purr of Collin's car pulling into the drive way.

"Hey! Sexy and Hot Pizza Delivery! We keep them coming and more!" Collin hollered a pizza box held aloft. He looked really happy. I realized for the first time in along time. Oh, the pizza thing is a joke of ours from way back It always made me giggle and this time was no exception. Having him here made the whole house come alive with energy and noise. I moved over to make room for him on the couch. He plopped himself down practically in my lap.

"Get off!" I cried barely containing my laughter.

" you naughty boy, you! How did you know that's what I was doing?" He sassed. His imitation of a nelly queen was so funny and perfect. It cracked me up. I laughed until my sides ached and my eyes watered.

"I ...m-missed you." I gasped breathless.

"And I missed this. Promise you won't let boyfriend time interfere with friend time again no matter how hot he is."

"Promise." I said sobering up at the slightly serious turn things had taken. I rested my head on his shoulder.

"Pinkie swear?"

"Pinkie swear. Cross my heart and hope to die stick ten needles in my eye. Scouts honor." Hey those little green shorts looked hot on me and lets just say I'm a slave to fashion.

"Hmm, I know there's a something you're missing. Now what was that again?" In a sinister evil tone. His hands crept around my waist slowly tightening.

"Collin...no!!" I yelped as he began to ruthlessly tickle me.

"Mr. Tickles RULES!" He screamed leaning in close to my ear.

"Stop! Stop! Mercy!" I gasped striving for breath.

"Let me hear ya scream!"

"Mr. Tickles RULES! Mr. Tickles RULES!" I yelled.

"Yeah, baby!" Collin cackled Austin Power style.

By the time we settled again it was almost 1 am and the pizza was cold as ice.

"Oh well leave it I wasn't really hungry anyway." I mumbled snuggling into Collin's chest as we laid on the couch.

"Did you eat anything tonight?" He asked concern evident in his voice.

"No." I admitted ducking my head a bit and shuffling my feet.

"Then tonight you eat chez Luigi!" his Italian accent was atrocious.

"Silly putty. If you're going to make me leave my warm comfy spot, that better be some to die for pizza." I grumbled good natured.

"Ward. man, would I do you wrong?" He flipped the lid with an accomplished flourish revealing a pepperoni, bacon, anchovy stuffed crust. Drool!

"Oh Collin, you didn't!" I moaned completely entranced by the succulent perfect round pepperoni pieces oozing oil with heart attack lovingly worked into every glistening surface. Just the way I like it.

"Yeah, I know. I get that all the time." He boasted giving himself a pat on the back.

"Let's get it hot now."I growled snatching up the box and rushing to the kitchen. I probably would have stuffed the whole thing into the oven box and all had Collin not stopped me. My cheese clouded mind wouldn't grasp what was going on.

"Whaaa! I want it now! Now now NOW!" I whined bringing out my inner obnoxious child.

"No, baby. Let's go watch something while we're waiting." Collin leaned in with exaggerated care wrapping his arms around me.

"Humph!" I hugged defeated but not resigned. Collin started flipping channels coming to a stop on sports. I think it was college basketball but then again I don't ever watch unless gagged and tied. Of course had anyone gagged and tied me I would hope we would be doing more than watching college basketball. With my record, most likely that is what would be happening since the powers that be refuse me even just a few seconds of bliss. "I went to Christian's earlier." I don't know where that came from. Maybe I'm a masochist an can't stand for things to be going well in my life. He didn't say anything. His only reaction a nonchalant shrug of the shoulders. "Don't you want to know what happened?" I looked up, his eyes were fixed on the screen.

"If you want to tell me, I'm sure you will." I want some attention!

"I asked him about what happened earlier and chewed him out for what he did." My! I shouldn't have said chew because my overactive imagination began to run wild with some rather delectable places I would like to chew and some I'd already sunk my teeth into.

"That's good. But I assume from your distracted expression that that wasn't all you wanted to tell me." Just then the oven's alarm went off.

"Oops! Pizza's ready!" I pipped up making a mad dash for the kitchen. I pulled out the pan snagging a slice right away. "Oh Oh hot hot! HOT!" I danced from foot to foot juggling the steaming hot cheesy concoction.

"Ward, put that down you're going to hurt yourself." Collin took a plate for the slice grabbing one for himself. Getting comfortable on the couch again, we silently munched in companiable silence.
Sign up to rate and review this story