Categories > Original > Fantasy > Darkness Rising

Unusual Complications

by HazyDreams91 2 reviews

Time to phone a friend for help before I go insane.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: R - Genres: Fantasy,Humor,Romance - Published: 2010-08-30 - Updated: 2010-08-30 - 2732 words

1Funny

[The story, setting and characters have been made by the author HazyDreams91 and all rights are reserved.]






Chapter 5


It took me a while to get the winged man in my car properly, he was skeptical about the metal ‘demon’ not eating us whole. I had so much to teach him if I decided to stick around long enough to figure out what he wanted of me. He said he needed a guide, but a guide of what? I wasn’t about to leave my home because some crazy man crash landed in my room a few hours ago to go on a journey like in one of my fantasy novels. It was clear enough that whatever this man was searching for, his queen, was not going to be California; he should try England.
I sighed, placing my forehead on the steering wheel in frustration. “Is something troubling you?” I heard the deep sensual voice say to me, I tried not to let it get to me. I raised my head, looking down the street, figuring out which friend I was going to see to help me out with this mess. Desirea was busy with college preparations, so that was out of the question. Daniela would help me, but I didn’t want to bother her either. She had her own stuff to deal with. Besides, this type of situation called for a more experienced hand with the super natural. The friend I had in mind now was the perfect one. “I’m fine. I haven’t felt like myself lately that’s all.” That was the biggest under statement of the century. I felt like Frodo, going on a mission to save the world. Only I didn’t have a wizard or interesting ties with any super natural beings; the winged man didn’t count, he was the ring I was suppose to carry with me until I reached Mount Doom. Maybe he’ll even be the death of me. I shook my head of such absurd thoughts, I wasn’t going to die. And the sooner I figured out how to get rid of him, the better. I looked over to find him staring at me, I blushed. I shifted my gaze over to the clock to notice I’d been sitting in the car thinking for the past 10 minutes. No wonder he was staring.
I put on my seatbelt and reached over to secure him into his, I was not about to get pulled over by the cops. He gazed at the contraption, putting his fingers over the big red button on the side, applying pressure on it; his face clearly showing his curiosity. It clicked and the belt came whipping upwards to smack him on the chest. The winged man grabbed it, pulling it and tangling himself in it. I turned around and stared in disbelief, was he trying to kill the seatbelt? “What are you doing?” I finally asked, trying hard not to laugh.
He stopped and looked over to me, irritation showing in his eyes. “It attacked me, I am not one to commence violence, but I will not be made a fool of.” I burst out laughing, leaning to the side to grab his hands. “Please…stop…” I managed to say in between breaths. “Just let go, I’ll handle this.” He released the seatbelt and his eyes shifted to where it receded to, eyeing it cautiously. I grabbed it once more and strapped him into the car seat, making sure the clicking noise sounded. “This is a seatbelt; it’s to keep us safe. Don’t click the red button unless you want it to release you.”
I leaned back into my own seat, showing him once more how it was done. He didn’t seem to buy the safety story as he eyed the seatbelt vigilantly. When I turned on the car I saw his body tense up, he was unsure of the sound. “Relax, it’s the cars engine. This just tells you the machine can be used now.” I began to move the steering wheel to head over to the street. His posture loosened after a while, his eyes shifted between my hands and the road. By now I assumed he figured out that I was the one controlling the metal ‘demon’.
If he didn’t, he wouldn’t be so calm.
The trip to my friend’s house was a quiet one, neither of us talked. It was probably because the strange human-like man was staring out the window, his face turned completely away from my line of view. No doubt he was amazed by the countless buildings and many cars driving by with people in them. It hadn’t occurred to me while driving that he would open the window by accident with his elbows and it came to mind even less that girls would be walking down the street. “Hi sexy!” One of them yelled, waving her hand and purposely swaying her hips sexually.
We were at a stop light, in the far right lane of the street.
She walked up to the car onto the black top to lean her body against the car and place her arms on the door frame. “Hello handsome. What’s up?” The light had barely turned red, so it would be a while. This light always tended to change to green much slower than the rest. “Pleasant afternoon young maiden, the sky seems to be in order.” He said, looking up for a bit, probably expecting something to happen. The girl laughed, twirling her hair in one of her fingers, pushing her chest forward so he could catch a glimpse of her feminine attributes.
If he actually took the bait, I didn’t see it; his face was still turned towards the girl. “You’re funny. Are you some kind of exotic tourist? Would you like me to show you around?” I glared at her, still looking up to see if the red light would change. I wished the damn thing would switch colors already; this obviously sluty floozy was getting on my nerves. I didn’t bother saying anything, her attempt would be in vein because he wasn’t getting out of this car; we were both on a mission. “I cannot young maiden; I am presently accompanied by this priestess.
Perhaps another chance will rise in the near future.” I laughed inwardly at her futile advances, I’d been right. She frowned, her outrageously pink glossy lips pouting. I could already tell she wasn’t going to give up. The girl leaned forward, her face close to his. I couldn’t see her features anymore; the first thought that came to my mind is that she’d kissed him. But he hadn’t moved a muscle even after she’d closed the distance between them. I glared again, the light continuing to plague me with its slow pace. “I can make it worth your while, if you just let me I’ll…..and put it in my...and you could taste the….” My face turned red with embarrassment, I heard only part of what she started to say, but I quickly reacted. The window began to close as I pressed the button on the side of my door, the girl yelled profanely in surprise.
“He said no lady!” I yelled back at her before the glass barrier shut closed, the girls irritation evident on her heavily make-up covered face. She said a few things, but I couldn’t hear them as the light turned green and I sped away. I sighed deeply, my face tingling with heat. What the hell was wrong with her? I decided on focusing on the road ahead, refusing to look over at the winged man. “What’s a blowjob?” He asked. My mind went blank as I felt the tingling sensation increase, what could I say? “Um…” I began. “…lets talk about that another day…” I replied, refusing to discuss this with him while driving. I might end up crashing from lack of focus.
I text my friend on the phone while standing outside her home, telling her that I was at her house and that I needed her help. Usually, I would never even think about showing up on the door steps of any house without asking first if it was okay. But today, my mind was not all there, and I’d remembered half way down the road that I should’ve text her from the beginning. I was anxious to receive a reply; if she wasn’t home, I was screwed. “This castle is very… quaint…” The winged man commented, running his hand down the wall of the outside. I sighed again, realizing that he didn’t know what this was. They were houses, not castles. It was a closed community with similar houses surrounding a small park in the middle.
Most of them were two stories, but they were no where near the size or style of a castle. Maybe he thought that this was a castle in my world. “Do royals live in these castles, perhaps officials of the court?” He gazed down to look at me, he was tall after all. I felt self conscious all of sudden and wanted to crawl under a rock. He was too good looking for a normal male. “Are you related to the royal living here?” I felt awkward; I had to set him straight.
“No, I’m not. And these aren’t castles either, these are houses, most people live in them. There aren’t many royals like I mentioned before. Those that do exist live in Europe, thousands of miles away from where we are at the moment.” I checked my phone, still no messages. “I’m not a royal either, so I don’t have a great big castle.” I looked up to face him; he was staring at me intently. I blushed for the hundredth time since I met him and turned away. “What?” I asked him, not understanding why his gaze was fixed on me.
We stood in silence for a while before he stepped closer to me and leaned down to look me straight in the eyes. I took a step back and turned my face away. “What are you doing weirdo?” I said, disliking the breach of personal space. “Odd, you seemed like one to me.” He replied, backing away. I sighed in relief, taking three steps back to regain my composure. “What is that suppose to mean?” I finally managed to say, checking my phone once more. No reply. “The way you carry yourself, you appear to be a royal. Your aura has a certain glimmer that only a royal can bear. Most peasants do not have that.” I smiled in response, I was royal-like.
If my parents heard him say that, they would laugh at him. That turned my smile into a disappointed frown. Yes, only they would laugh at the thought. To be honest, all the people I knew would laugh at such a notion. “Perhaps you come from royal lineage and not know of it.” He reasoned with me, he’d probably seen how my mood turned from happy to depressed and assumed that I thought of that as impossible.
“My mother’s side is unknown, so there could be a possibility of that.” I said, more of a thought than an actual statement. The door opened abruptly, making us both turn in that direction out of reflex. “Lizzy!” My ecstatic friend yelled, taking a step and wrapping her arms around me in a hug. “I’ve missed you so much! You need to come over more often!” I smiled, returning the hug. “It’s nice to see you too Kim. Yea, I should.” We separated and she stood by the doorway, grinning from ear to ear. She was a petite girl, standing at 5 feet, slim with light skin and reddish brown hair. Her eyes weren't her natural brown color; she disliked them so she used colored contacts of unusual tint to cover them up. When she didn't wear them, most people thought she was wearing contacts, so it was ironic. Her attire was normal, jeans and a tank top, her usual style. She wasn't the type to show off. “We should go get some pizza, I’m hungry and-”
Her attention turned to the winged man, eyeing him carefully. Was she going to try and glomp him too because of his good looks?
“Who’s he?” She asked, her expression turning to one of suspicion. I looked over at him; he was standing very still, his expression serious. There was an awkward silence that seemed to last forever. “This is Kimberly; she’s my best friend…” I broke the silence and continued. “And this is…um…” I froze, in all this time I had NEVER asked him his name. This was not going well at all. “Zephyr.” The man replied, keeping his gaze on my friend. There was another awkward silence. I took a step back, staring back and forth between the two.
“Hi!” Kimberly all of a sudden yelled out, her voice full of excitement. “Nice to meet you.” She said smiling, waving at him. “Is this your boyfriend?” Kim asked me, my face turned red. “No! He’s…he’s…” What the hell was he?
“Ha! So he is! You better treat her right or I’ll maim you.” I placed my hands over my face, the embarrassment increasing. “Charmed.” The man named Zephyr replied. I removed my hands from my face just in time to see him bowing. Kimberly stared at him with confusion, and then turned to me for answers. “I’ll explain inside if you’ll let us in.” She moved to the side, allowing us to pass. “Yea, come in. My family isn’t home, they’re in church. It won’t be a problem.” Kim motioned for us to enter, placing her shoes on the side. “Take a seat in the living room, I’ll get you guys something to drink.” We sat down on the couch as she disappeared into the kitchen. “Is she a priestess as well?” Zephyr asked me, looking down towards me. “Yea, you could say that. She’s like me.” As Kim returned with a cup of unknown liquid our gazes focused on her as she handed it to us. “Thanks.” I appreciated her hospitality, I needed a drink.
“Much gratitude, young priestess.” Zephyr said, Kim didn’t say anything about that. She sat down on the floor and faced both of us, waiting for me to explain. “Spill.”
I laughed nervously, not really knowing where to start. “Well…” I stopped; I really had no idea how say it. “Come on; just say it how it is. I’m not going to judge.” She smiled at me, easing me just a bit. “Okay, just don’t freak out okay.”
“You had sex!?” She gasped, her face horrified.
“NO!” I yelled, my face turning deep red.
Kimberly laughed as I shifted uncomfortably in my seat, I didn’t dare look over at Zephyr; I’d like to think that the word ‘sex’ wasn’t a word they understood back in his world. Kim stopped laughing and gave me her full attention again. “Do you believe in angels?” I asked her, she just nodded. “Do you believe that they can come to our world?” She frowned, not understanding where this was coming from. “What’s this about Liz? You’re asking me about angels out of nowhere instead of telling me about how you and your boyfriend met? What’s going on?” Her tone was that of a concerned friend, she was suspecting something bad no doubt. “I don’t know how to tell you, so I’ll simply show you.” I stood up; Zephyr followed my example as well. “Show her what you really look like. It’s just easier than saying it.” He nodded, walking over to a wide space in the living room. He didn’t waste time as his black wings appeared, spread out above his head. “This is why I’m asking you about angels. I think I’ve found one.”



[Do you think I should continue this story? Then say so. Review and Rate please.]
Sign up to rate and review this story