Categories > Original > Fantasy > If Eyes Could Speak

Chapter 4

by Zexion_Number_VI 0 reviews

Chapter 4

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Fantasy - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2010-08-30 - Updated: 2010-08-31 - 1148 words

0Unrated
"You what?" I demanded.

"I fed on someone in town," Robbie replied, standing up. "Please don't get mad, Cass!"

"You've committed a crime in the Supernatural world!" I exclaimed. "And now that I know, I'm committing one right now."

I gasped and grabbed the collar of his shirt. "Cass!" he squeaked.

"You have to make this right!" I growled, my fangs sliding out because of my anger.

"How?" he asked, almost in tears, though we cry tears of blood. That meant it was a good thing that I was crying into Grant's black t-shirt earlier.

"Vampire code states you have to come clean and be given your punishment such as creating a new Vampire or allowing another to feed off of you," I replied, pulling him closer to me.

"Okay, okay!" he cried, blood falling.

I set him down before opening the door and running to catch up with Grant. I grabbed Grant's shirt from behind as I reached him and pulled him back. He turned and looked at me in alarm.

"We have to talk about something!" I breathed.

He nodded and I followed him into his room after he unlocked the door. "What do you need to tell me?" he asked as he closed the door.

"Is anyone else around?" I asked and he shook his head. "Robbie fed. On someone in town."

"You don't think...?" Grant started.

"Louis and Kerrie," I nodded.

"Dammit!" Grant mumbled, turning around. "This is why Necromancers never associate with Vampires."

"Excuse me?" I demanded, turning him around to look at me.

"My parents didn't like the fact that we share a school with Vampires," Grant sighed. "And now I see why."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I said shakily, my eyes stinging, knowing what to expect.

He looked at me sadly and replied, "It means, my parents don't like Vampires and, if I tell them about us, they'll never speak to me again."

I felt my imaginary heart break as I turned, bloody tears spilling from my eyes. I opened the door and walked out with my face buried in my hands.

"Cass!" Grant said from right behind me. He grabbed my arm and spun me around. I kept my face hidden because even he didn't know about the whole tear thing. "Don't leave me like this." He moved my hands and gasped after he lifted my chin to look at him.

"Now you've seen another side of me," I cried. "Just wait until you watch one of us feed."

I turned and began walking away before Grant called after me. "Cass!" I stopped in my tracks. I felt his hands grasp my waist firmly. He pressed the side of his mouth to my ear and whispered, "I love you."

My eyes widened and I turned in his grasp. His eyes were the most sincere I'd ever seen them. He raised a hand and wiped my tears of red liquid from my cheeks then pressed his lips against mine lightly. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pressed against him tighter.

"I love you too," I cried through our joined lips.

I tangled my fingers in his blond hair as he squeezed my waist a bit tighter.

"Break it up!" a teacher called from down the hall.

Grant immediately let me go and I wiped my eyes and cheeks. The only reason we did stop was because that teacher was Mrs. Kirov. She was a Russian Werewolf. Mrs. Kirov hated me...

"I'll walk you to your room and help out with the problem," Grant whispered as he wrapped an arm around my shoulders. "It's okay. I'll never hurt you."

I nodded and let him lead me to my room. Robbie was on the bed, being comforted by Wesley. Grant hadn't really talked to Wesley much since we've been working on the masquerade. Wesley stood and grabbed my arm, tearing me from Grant and dragging me out to the hallway.

"What the hell is he gonna do?" Wesley demanded.

"He told you?" I squeaked.

"Hell yeah!" he exclaimed. "If he's fed once, he'll feed again! The same thing happened to my cousin's best friend's sister!"

"You're a goddamn Sorcerer," I cursed. "What does it matter to you?"

"Because I care for the safety of /every/one here," Wesley snapped. "Not just myself!"

I scoffed and walked past him. Robbie was towering over Grant, who was crouching in the corner, with his fangs out.

"Robbie!" I squealed just as he struck at Grant, but I managed to get between them.

Robbie was drinking from me. I felt myself getting lightheaded. Before I knew it, everything was black. Gone.

*

Grant's PoV

*

Cass had jumped between me and that young Vampire boy. I wasn't able to control him like I was with Cass. The girl was lying in the floor, unconscious, as the boy drank from her and my heart stopped. My Cassidy was dying for real. I then tackled the little junior and pinned him down the best I could.

"Get her out of here!" I yelled over Robbie's agonizing scream for freedom.

Wesley did as I told him while I continued to hold down the uncontrollable Vampire.

"Robbie!" I called over his squeals. I felt my power become stronger than ever. "ROBBIE!"

Finally, he stopped. He stared at me, terrified of himself. Then was when I realized that it looked as if I were trying to seduce him. I crawled off of him and ran out into the hall to find Wesley sitting in the middle of the hall with Cass's head in his lap. I sprinted to her side and fell to my knees, my eyes stinging. And just a few hours ago, she had been afraid of losing me. Now, I had lost her. I could tell because, no matter what I did, she didn't respond and she wasn't breathing. I realize that it was not required for a Vampire, but she was also a Half-Timeturner. Timeturners were mortal.

"Cass," I sniffled, tears falling on her cheek. "Cass. Don't leave me. Please?" I lied my head on her stomach after Wes lied her gently on the floor. "I love you. You're my first love. Don't leave me!"

"Grant," Wes sighed trying to pull me off of Cass, but I struggled enough to make him give up. "Dude! Just because you love her, doesn't mean she's gonna come back!"

I just continued to sob and Wes eventually walked off in annoyance. Finally, the nurse found me and dragged me off to check Cass. As she took my beautiful Vampire from me, I pulled my knees to my chest and leaned against the wall. I cried until I fell asleep with my arms folded on top of my and my head buried between my chest and legs. I relived that horrible moment in which I realized I lost my first love.
Sign up to rate and review this story